An Old School Catholic Message Board

Whom Do You Think To Be Pope?

Resurrexi

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1901179' date='Jun 25 2009, 08:07 AM']I did intend for those who saw the title of the thread to be drawn in thinking it about sedevacantism. I find the Western Schism much more interesting, though.

:ninja:[/quote]

there are some interesting parallels, and important to discuss (tho not on this forum I know, don't get ya'lls undies in a bunch), but not really an appropriate way to approach it imho. We know now who the pope was then so it isn't really prudent for a Catholic to dispute it. Though for sure at the time there would be many difficult decisions to be made and saints of the Church have landed on opposing sides.

Edited by goldenchild17

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1901677' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:29 PM']there are some interesting parallels, and important to discuss (tho not on this forum I know, don't get ya'lls undies in a bunch), but not really an appropriate way to approach it imho. The church has ruled on that situation so no faithful Catholic should have any doubt who the pope was at that time.[/quote]

The Church has also ruled who the Pope is now: Benedict XVI.

:P

Edited by Resurrexi

goldenchild17

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1901681' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:32 PM']The Church has also ruled who the Pope is now: Benedict XVI.

:P[/quote]

Not getting sucked into arguing here. Nice try tho ;)

Thomist-in-Training

Heh, I voted for Pedro de Luna because I thought that was the one where all three stepped down after, and I remembered that St. Colette supported Pedro de Luna or rather that he supported her in the beginnings of the Colettine reform (of Poor Clare observance). Apparently ever since then Poor Clares Colettine pray for his soul on a certain day every year.