An Old School Catholic Message Board

Whom Do You Think To Be Pope?

Resurrexi

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a terrible poll! I'm sure we're entertaining the schismatics around today who did not believe in the election of another pope in order to clear up the 3 different ones who were living all over. :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1897468' date='Jun 21 2009, 10:13 AM']Who keeps voting for the wrong people?? :([/quote]

Those who did not bother to type "Western Schism" into their search engine probably voted for the wrong men.

Edited by Resurrexi

Vasilius Konstantinos

I thought about this for a bit and I came to the conclusion that if the Magisterium and Cardinals worldwide are not in error than Pope John XXIII is a legitimate Pope, seated upon the thrown of St. Peter and ruling in his might as all the Popes before him all the way to the first Pope, Linus.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Vasilius Konstantinos' post='1900457' date='Jun 24 2009, 02:23 AM']I thought about this for a bit and I came to the conclusion that if the Magisterium and Cardinals worldwide are not in error than Pope John XXIII is a legitimate Pope, seated upon the thrown of St. Peter and ruling in his might as all the Popes before him all the way to the first Pope, Linus.[/quote]

Differant John XXIII.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Vasilius Konstantinos' post='1900457' date='Jun 24 2009, 02:23 AM']I thought about this for a bit and I came to the conclusion that if the Magisterium and Cardinals worldwide are not in error than Pope John XXIII is a legitimate Pope, seated upon the thrown of St. Peter and ruling in his might as all the Popes before him all the way to the first Pope, Peter.[/quote]

Oh and i saw what you did there.

Fixed it for you.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1900626' date='Jun 24 2009, 11:33 AM']Oh and i saw what you did there.

Fixed it for you.[/quote]

He was being internally consistent -- Orthodox do not hold that Peter was the first pope of Rome, but rather that Linus was. Orthodox believe that apostleship was a different sort of office. Similarly Peter and Paul weren't the first bishops of Antioch.

We know that Catholics believe Peter was the first pope.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Patrick' post='1900632' date='Jun 24 2009, 01:43 PM']He was being internally consistent -- Orthodox do not hold that Peter was the first pope of Rome, but rather that Linus was. Orthodox believe that apostleship was a different sort of office. Similarly Peter and Paul weren't the first bishops of Antioch.

We know that Catholics believe Peter was the first pope.[/quote]

yeah.... I think it was a shot. I know that the Orthodox hold that Linus was the first pope. It was still a shot. Not necessarly out of line on this particular thread. But one that had to be answered.

Vasilius Konstantinos

LOL It was a joke to be honest, not a pot shot.
I do believe Peter to be Pope of Rome but I also hold that Linus was assigned the position as the unofficial first Pope of Rome, apostolic Authority through Sts. Peter and Paul who were Missionaries to Rome to establish the Church. The place where Peter spent time to actually have a Bishopric to oversee was Antioch, though this is more opinion than evidence to show.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1897502' date='Jun 21 2009, 09:58 AM']Those who did not bother to type "Western Schism" into their search engine probably voted for the wrong men.[/quote]

Perhaps those who did not care to do so?

:saint: