An Old School Catholic Message Board

Heaven; Physical Place Versus Eternal

Didacus

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1889949' date='Jun 13 2009, 08:25 PM'][snip]
basically, i question why ya think physical body necessitates time.[/quote]

True, time is simply the measure of physical bodies 'changing' and that time is actually a very abstract notion.

However, without the time, physical bodies cannot change. If the new earth contains physical bodies and is eternal, what are we going to be? Flesh statues incapable of moving?

[quote name='Didacus' post='1891233' date='Jun 15 2009, 08:15 AM']True, time is simply the measure of physical bodies 'changing' and that time is actually a very abstract notion.

However, without the time, physical bodies cannot change. If the new earth contains physical bodies and is eternal, what are we going to be? Flesh statues incapable of moving?[/quote]
Time will go on and on forever on the New Earth, however the New Earth is distinct from the New Heaven.

And I agree the Elect are not static.

[quote name='kafka' post='1891295' date='Jun 15 2009, 09:43 AM']Time will go on and on forever on the New Earth, however the New Earth is distinct from the New Heaven.

And I agree the Elect are not static.[/quote]

By your statement your are empying that the New Earth is subject ot endless time rather than not being subject to time at all. Taht would thus mean the New Earth is not eternal.

[quote name='Didacus' post='1895319' date='Jun 18 2009, 02:47 PM']By your statement your are empying that the New Earth is subject ot endless time rather than not being subject to time at all. Taht would thus mean the New Earth is not eternal.[/quote]
I dont understand the point you are trying to make.

The New Earth has a beginning (after the General Resurrection & Judgment). It is a physical body/place in the universe. Physical entities exist on it. It is not beyond space/time.

For your consideration: [url="http://aggreen.net/beliefs/heaven_hell.html"]http://aggreen.net/beliefs/heaven_hell.html[/url]. (Indeed, it is relevant to this thread too!)