An Old School Catholic Message Board

Saul Of Tarsus

Brother Vinny

Brother Vinny

Okay, all this thinking about should do's and might have been's surrounding the recent slaughter of a abortionist has struck up comparisons to Hitler and Mengele, but I'd like to look at this from another angle. We tend to condemn these as monsters (justifiably so), but we look at these two enjoying the enhanced vision granted us by history.

Let's look at another murderer of innocents, one Saul of Tarsus. Saul mercilessly persecuted the Church, presiding over the stoning of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr. There's not much written about how far Saul went in his persecution of the Church, but we have his inspired testimony that he was intent on destroying the Church (Galatians 1:13).

So, the question is this: prior to Saul's Damascus Road experience, would a Christian have been justified in slaughtering him? After all, there was no way of knowing Saul would convert, and not only did Saul kill innocents, he profited from it as well (as it was his job). Killing Saul at the right time would've saved lives, as well.

If you cannot justify killing Saul, how can you justify killing Tiller?

Edited by Brother Vinny

Vincent Vega

Exactly.
Norma McCorvey (Roe of Roe v. Wade) is now a vehement pro-lifer - you never know when God is going to work in people.

Brother Vinny

I came to realize after thinking about the issue, that my frustration betrays a lack of trust in the One Who is in control of all things. He sees the ends whereas I do not. God may yet have had use for George Tiller; maybe his own "Damascus Road" experience was just a few hours away. What kind of servant of God do you think he might have become had God opened his eyes to the suffering he'd caused?

We'll never know now, will we?

[quote name='Brother Vinny' post='1886910' date='Jun 8 2009, 11:13 PM']I came to realize after thinking about the issue, that my frustration betrays a lack of trust in the One Who is in control of all things. He sees the ends whereas I do not. God may yet have had use for George Tiller; maybe his own "Damascus Road" experience was just a few hours away. What kind of servant of God do you think he might have become had God opened his eyes to the suffering he'd caused?

We'll never know now, will we?[/quote]

Great realization, Brother Vinny - thank you for letting us in on it -it came from God I'm sure.

God Bless,
Jon

[quote name='Brother Vinny' post='1886910' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:13 AM']I came to realize after thinking about the issue, that my frustration betrays a lack of trust in the One Who is in control of all things. He sees the ends whereas I do not.[/quote]

Well thank you ^_^

And needless to say I agree.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1887517' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:29 PM']Well thank you ^_^

And needless to say I agree.[/quote]
I THOUGHT YOU WERE DETOXING, RUSH!!!
These mad delusions must cease.

Brother Vinny

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1887459' date='Jun 9 2009, 09:46 PM']This is a good thread.[/quote]

It'd be better if its GoH would show up.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1887550' date='Jun 9 2009, 11:02 PM']I THOUGHT YOU WERE DETOXING, RUSH!!!
These mad delusions must cease.[/quote]

:yawn:

Why would a Glorious Sultan need to detox? :unsure:

[quote name='Brother Vinny' post='1886834' date='Jun 8 2009, 10:41 PM']Let's look at another murderer of innocents, one Saul of Tarsus. Saul mercilessly persecuted the Church, presiding over the stoning of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr. There's not much written about how far Saul went in his persecution of the Church, but we have his inspired testimony that he was intent on destroying the Church (Galatians 1:13).

So, the question is this: prior to Saul's Damascus Road experience, would a Christian have been justified in slaughtering him? After all, there was no way of knowing Saul would convert, and not only did Saul kill innocents, he profited from it as well (as it was his job). Killing Saul at the right time would've saved lives, as well.

If you cannot justify killing Saul, how can you justify killing Tiller?[/quote]
Fabulous. :thumbsup:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1887568' date='Jun 10 2009, 12:18 AM']:yawn:

Why would a Glorious Sultan need to detox? :unsure:[/quote]

I thought you claimed yourself no longer to be the Sultan...

:unsure:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1887685' date='Jun 10 2009, 08:34 AM']I thought you claimed yourself no longer to be the Sultan...

:unsure:[/quote]
That was the half sober/clean secret Rush Limbaugh (who had a measure of sanity). This one is so whacked out on Oxycontin he doesn't actually know what he is.

I think the true measure of this thread is not who has responded but who seems to have stayed away....

very interesting.