An Old School Catholic Message Board

American Revolution

Resurrexi

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vincent Vega

See, I would have thought that koolaide would be the nationalistic purée of the images of Lincoln with a halo and President Davis eating an infant. I guess I was wrong. :idontknow:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='28 February 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1267415101' post='2064611']
See, I would have thought that koolaide would be the nationalistic purée of the images of Lincoln with a halo and President Davis eating an infant. I guess I was wrong. :idontknow:
[/quote]

I am of the opinion that both were important men who deserve respect from Americans.

Lilllabettt

[quote name='Skinzo' date='28 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1267414898' post='2064609']
If they agree with you, they won't be thinking "independent" thoughts, will they? Have you actually read any of those titles you recommend?

S.
[/quote]

Yes. Good books. Particularly #1, a collection of essays, the authors of which do not agree with each other.

Kool-aide goes in. Dogmatism comes out.

Lilllabettt

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='28 February 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1267415101' post='2064611']
[/quote]

I have heard of the existence of this nationalistic swill. But I have yet to encounter the concept in any classroom setting. Either:

1. It lives in the world of pixies and unicorns

or

2. People swallowed it. Then they grew up and had a series of Independent Thoughts. And they spat. it. out.

Hopefully one day people will be regurgitating the revisionist histories, and it too will be cleansed from the system.