An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oprah

MC IMaGiNaZUN

princessgianna

What is this lady's whole life about?

Is it about living a good life serving Christ? Or
being 60 and looking 30 and living forever!

This reminds me of Bl. Mother Teresa. :mellow: She spent her life working for Christ. Her face wore many wrinkles. Yet her joy was beyond material/secular comprehension. You contrast her to (any secular hero really) and their wrinkle-free facial expression but lack of joy. It's quite interesting. To again be reminded where true joy comes from.

Now don't get me wrong. I think natural supplements can be very beneficial. There are many "models secrets" that I personally would like to try out. However I try not to be to worried about my appearance. Obviously I can look presentable but not be totally obnoxious that every time I break a nail I freak and refuse to show my face in public. :rolleyes:

That's my two cents!
PG

I've never liked Oprah and never watched her show.

I started laughing when I saw her magazine in the grocery store and realized that she's the only one ever on the cover. I mean, it's bad enough that she named it after herself, but to have her and only her on every cover??

oh, wait, there was one exception to that. she shared the cover with michelle obama a month or two back. :rolleyes:

CatherineM

She has definitely changed since she first started. I'd love to get invited to her Christmas show though.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1883739' date='Jun 4 2009, 11:42 PM']You're insane.[/quote]
I may be insane but at least I don't find her hot :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
White Knight

I do have to say without watching the video, and I have been seeing other material about her opinions, her guests, her solutions to problems, her personal beliefs about life they are screwy and so loopy they dont make sense, there is no consistency, what so ever, shes dangerous to have as an instructor for anybody especially for guidence.

[quote name='White Knight' post='1893070' date='Jun 16 2009, 10:59 AM']I do have to say without watching the video, and I have been seeing other material about her opinions, her guests, her solutions to problems, her personal beliefs about life they are screwy and so loopy they dont make sense, there is no consistency, what so ever, shes dangerous to have as an instructor for anybody especially for guidence.[/quote]

They had a feature on the news a couple of months ago about a woman here who decided to take a year, and do everything Oprah suggested on her tv show, radio show, magazine and web site. Every product she endorsed, the woman bought. Every diet or exercise tip, every relationship advice. Her husband had this glazed over look to his eyes when he talked about how much it cost. She looked like an addict waiting for her next fix as she flipped through the new magazine she'd just received. I do wonder at times, if Obama would have won without her backing.

Personally, I don't think Obama wining had anything to do with Oprah. He had to appeal to far more voters than those who watch or listen to Oprah - myself included. When Oprah endorsed Obama I cringed...but in the end, I voted for the man whom I thought would do the most good for our country.

I wish Oprah would retire and go off to a land where we'd never hear from her again. Enough is enough.

Edited by Two Hearts