An Old School Catholic Message Board

Islam 101 - A One Minute Complete Course On Islam

PeteWaldo

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1881733' date='Jun 3 2009, 12:49 AM']I'm inclined to look more favourably on Judaism. They're missing stuff. Islam has added huge amounts. Which is worse?
One missed the boat, the other rejected it completely. You see my line of reasoning.[/quote]

No, one rejected it completely, the other accepted some of it. Muslims accept Jesus as a prophet. Either way, it's whatever. Both religions are different but somewhat similar to Christianity.

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:03 PM']Peter, Muslims acknowledge Jesus more than most Jews do.[/quote]
I do not know what you might mean by this, since Muslims deny the divinity of Christ and the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. God the Father is only truly worshipped through His Son in the power of the Spirit, and nothing else qualifies as worship according to the teachings of the Holy Fathers.

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:03 PM']For example, Muslims believe in the immaculate conception, that Jesus did miracles such as raise the dead, that he was a prophet of God and that he will come again.[/quote]
And this belief of theirs, which is founded upon the falsehoods proposed by Mohammad as "revelation", is salvific?

One who denies the Son has not the Father.

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 2 2009, 09:03 PM']The reason why Muslims shy away from Jesus dying on a cross is because Muslims believe God wouldn't have let one of his prophets die in such a way. Muslims very much respect Jesus.[/quote]
To deny the crucifixion of the Lord of Glory is to deny the Orthodox faith of the Church. No one can truly worship the Father without the Son and the Holy Spirit.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1881752' date='Jun 3 2009, 02:15 AM']To deny the crucifixion of the Lord of Glory is to deny the Orthodox faith of the Church. No one can truly worship the Father without the Son and the Holy Spirit.[/quote]

Does this apply to Jews as well?

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:03 PM']Peter, Muslims acknowledge Jesus more than most Jews do.[/quote]

Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:03 PM']For example, Muslims believe in the immaculate conception, that Jesus did miracles such as raise the dead, that he was a prophet of God and that he will come again.

The reason why Muslims shy away from...[/quote]

Shy away from?
What is the [b]whole subject[/b] of the new covenant?

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:03 PM']... Jesus dying on a cross....[/quote]

What is the whole point of all of the prophets and apostles? Why did God manifest Himself in His Son?
You seem to suggest this a minor point that can somehow be overlooked, yet [b]it makes Islam the perfect opposite of Christianity.
It is what Islam IS![/b] This is how we can know it is specifically of Satan's design.
[b]The only anti-another-religion, religion, by design.[/b]
Even Mohammed believed it was jinn (a demon) that met him in the cave where his Satanic book began to be inspired, as he felt like it tried to squeeze the life out of him 3 times.

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 2 2009, 11:03 PM'].... is because Muslims believe God wouldn't have let one of his prophets die in such a way. Muslims very much respect Jesus.[/quote]

Respect? Denying the Son of God? Denying His shed blood? That is lip service for blaspheming Jesus.
[b]The single most important fundamental in Islam necessitates denying the Son of God.[/b] "Shirk" or anti-polytheism is manifest specifically in denial that God has a Son.
Indeed [b]if a Muslim were to confess that Jesus is the Son of God he will have committed the greatest sin in Islam, and the only unpardonable sin,[/b] for which he cannot atone by spending a period of time in Mohammed's hell.

1Jo 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Mohammedanism is designed, in part, by a jealous fallen angel, and in part by a self-serving 7th century reprobate. In other words Mohammedans have been deluded into worshiping Satan. The fruit of Islam makes it obvious:
[url="http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/"]http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/[/url]

[quote name='musturde' post='1881763' date='Jun 3 2009, 02:55 AM']Does this apply to Jews as well?[/quote]

Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Rom 11:17 And if [b]some[/b] of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in [b]among them[/b], and [b]with them[/b] partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes.

[quote name='PeteWaldo' post='1881420' date='Jun 2 2009, 05:01 PM'][snip]

No shed blood. In spite of the massive, even secular historical record, of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.[/quote]

Secular historical record of Jesus' crucifixion? I would be interested in learning more.

to my knowledge, the claim was from seculars that no record of Jesus' death existed outside of the bible.

The rest of course, contains no surprises. According to Islam we are nothing more than singing monkeys and dogs.

[quote name='Didacus' post='1881866' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:01 AM']Secular historical record of Jesus' crucifixion? I would be interested in learning more.

to my knowledge, the claim was from seculars that no record of Jesus' death existed outside of the bible.

The rest of course, contains no surprises. According to Islam we are nothing more than singing monkeys and dogs.[/quote]

Though as you point out, irrelevant to this subject, and also to Christians, you can Yahoo the subject. I grabbed a sample of one such site:
[url="http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/Historical%20evidence%20on%20the%20exhistance%20of%20Jesus.htm"]http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/documents/H...0of%20Jesus.htm[/url]

[quote name='musturde' post='1881763' date='Jun 3 2009, 12:55 AM']Does this apply to Jews as well?[/quote]
Yes, it does apply to those who follow the teachings of Rabbinic Judaism, at least until the time -- by the grace of God -- that they accept Christ as savior.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='PeteWaldo' post='1881785' date='Jun 3 2009, 07:13 AM']Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Rom 11:17 And if [b]some[/b] of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in [b]among them[/b], and [b]with them[/b] partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes.[/quote]

That [b][size=4]only[/size] [/b]applies to Jews. There are only two groups under which humanity is born. Jew or Gentile.
The Jews are described as the "good" olive tree and Gentiles as the "wild" olive tree in that chapter.
[url="http://www.israelinbibleprophecy.com/spirit_of_slumber.htm"]http://www.israelinbibleprophecy.com/spirit_of_slumber.htm[/url]

Sorry. I not only didn't notice the above post that answers this, but also goofed up the quote function again.
Admin can remove this and my immediately prior post, if you choose

Winchester

That verse might be interpreted as supporting the ressurrection.

That said, Mohammedanism is a false religion not inspired by God. It rejects the authority of the Church. That's enough.

Edited by Winchester

Islam does indeed (as recorded in the quoted Koran passage) deny Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. According to Islam, Jesus Christ was a great prophet (though not as great as Mohammed, of course), and according to Islam, a prophet of Allah can never be defeated or killed by his enemies. Thus, the prophet Jesus, according to the false Mohammedan religion, could never have been killed by crucifixion.
Islam teaches that Christian leaders later deliberately changed the Gospels and preached falsehoods about Jesus and His teachings, including His death and resurrection.

Islam is an apostate man-made religion in blatant contradiction to the teachings of Christianity, and I really don't get why so many on here seem determined to act like Islam and Christianity somehow compatible.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1888101' date='Jun 10 2009, 08:31 PM']Islam does indeed (as recorded in the quoted Koran passage) deny Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. According to Islam, Jesus Christ was a great prophet (though not as great as Mohammed, of course), and according to Islam, a prophet of Allah can never be defeated or killed by his enemies. Thus, the prophet Jesus, according to the false Mohammedan religion, could never have been killed by crucifixion.
Islam teaches that Christian leaders later deliberately changed the Gospels and preached falsehoods about Jesus and His teachings, including His death and resurrection.[/quote]

I'm not sure what your source is regarding the claim that "Islam" teaches that a prophet can neve be killed or that Christian leaders deliberately corrupted the texts. The Qur'an itself mentiones prophets being killed as I recall and there are many different oppinions regarding the former religious texts and thier integrity how they were corrupted, what is left et cetera. Islam has no central teaching authority. Outside of a few major parts there will almost always be some precedent for a different tradition.

[quote]Islam is an apostate man-made religion in blatant contradiction to the teachings of Christianity, and I really don't get why so many on here seem determined to act like Islam and Christianity somehow compatible.[/quote]

I guess that depends on what you mean by compatible.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='musturde' post='1881647' date='Jun 3 2009, 12:03 AM']For example, Muslims believe in the immaculate conception...[/quote]Hi Mustarde,

Just a minor correction: Muslims believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, but not in Mary's Immaculate Conception.