An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is This Weird?

saintwannabe 777

saintwannabe 777

I sometimes pray to aborted babies, alongside the saints I usually pray to. I feel connected to and feel that they are powerful intercessors for us and for the pro-life movement.

Edited by Lil Red

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1879619' date='May 31 2009, 09:15 PM']I believe in Infant's Limbo, so I would say so :)[/quote]

I thought limbo was thrown out.
???

Edited by saintwannabe 777

HisChildForever

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1879622' date='May 31 2009, 09:15 PM']I thought limbo was thrown out.
???[/quote]

Yeah..

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1879622' date='May 31 2009, 09:15 PM']I thought limbo was thrown out.
???[/quote]

:no:

The International Theological Commission has no magisterial authority. The document was merely a theological evaluation of what the Church has said on Infant's Limbo in the past.

Additionally, that Christ descended to the Limbo of the Fathers (distinct from Infant's Limbo, but called by the same name) is an infallible truth taught by the Church.

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1879627' date='May 31 2009, 09:19 PM']:no:

The International Theological Commission has no magisterial authority. The document was merely a theological evaluation of what the Church has said on Infant's Limbo in the past.

Additionally, that Christ descended to the Limbo of the Fathers (distinct from Infant's Limbo, but called by the same name) is an infallible truth taught by the Church.[/quote]

I see what you're saying, but I just don't see how Jesus could deny those who have been ripped apart and tortured on earth, happiness with him in the next. Obviously, baptism is a necessary sacrament for salvation, but couldn't Our Lord save them by some means we do not know? :unsure:

Additionally, that Christ descended to the Limbo of the Fathers (distinct from Infant's Limbo, but called by the same name) is an infallible truth taught by the Church.[/quote]
basically (in my theological opinion) the Limbo of the Fathers, and the Limbo of Infants is an upper fringe of Purgatory where the Fathers and the Infants undergo spiritual development culminating in an encounter with Jesus Christ before being assumed into Heaven.

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='kafka' post='1879636' date='May 31 2009, 09:23 PM']basically (in my theological opinion) the Limbo of the Fathers, and the Limbo of Infants is an upper fringe of Purgatory where the Fathers and the Infants undergo spiritual development culminating in an encounter with Jesus Christ before being assumed into Heaven.[/quote]

This is all speculative, but that would make sense. I hope I see my aborted little brothers and sisters when I go to Heaven.

Edited by saintwannabe 777

HisChildForever

So was B16 wrong when he said:

[b] In the 1985 book-length interview, "The Ratzinger Report," the future Pope Benedict said, [u]"Limbo was never a defined truth of faith.[/u] Personally -- and here I am speaking more as a theologian and not as prefect of the congregation -- I would abandon it, since it was only a theological hypothesis.

"It formed part of a secondary thesis in support of a truth which is absolutely of first significance for faith, namely, the importance of baptism," he said. [/b]

Source: [url="http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0506867.htm"]http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0506867.htm[/url]

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1879638' date='May 31 2009, 09:25 PM']This is all speculative, but that would make sense.[/quote]
yes it is, yet I think it is true.

I am free to disagree with Cardinal Ratzinger's (as he was not yet Benedict XVI) private theological opinion. There was a Pope who, as a private theologian, denied that he was infallible as Pope (obviously this was before the definition of the dogma)

Edited by Resurrexi

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1879652' date='May 31 2009, 09:29 PM']I am free to disagree with Cardinal Ratzinger's (as he was not yet Benedict XVI) private theological opinion. There was a Pope who, as a private theologian, denied that he was infallible as Pope (obviously this was before the definition of the dogma)[/quote]

Yeah you are my friend. But wouldn't you be happy to see the aborted in heaven?

If you look at different magisterial decrees, the statements in favor of Infant's Limbo are stronger and more frequent than those against it.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1879652' date='May 31 2009, 09:29 PM']I am free to disagree with Cardinal Ratzinger's (as he was not yet Benedict XVI) private theological opinion. There was a Pope who, as a private theologian, denied that he was infallible as Pope (obviously this was before the definition of the dogma)[/quote]

BEFORE he gave his opinion, he stated: "Limbo was never a defined truth of faith." Seems more of a fact rather than an opinion.

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1879656' date='May 31 2009, 09:30 PM']Yeah you are my friend. But wouldn't you be happy to see the aborted in heaven?[/quote]

Certainly, but I also understand the necessity of Baptism.