An Old School Catholic Message Board

Murder By Pro-aborts?

Resurrexi

KnightofChrist

[quote name='MithLuin' post='1882172' date='Jun 3 2009, 02:31 PM']To answer the opening post, no, I don't think this murder was committed by a pro-abortionist. I suspect that the person was involved in the pro-life movement, though of course it could have been some other motivation unrelated to abortion.

Genocide requires some deliberation to guide the acts of murder. In other words, someone has to decide to systematically get rid of a certain group, and then take actions to do so. Abortion is an industry, so there are people out there promoting it, but can you really say that there is a group of people (not necessarily the gov't) who is seeking to kill as many unborn babies as possible? That sounds...off. Most people who are pro-abortion claim that they don't really want it to happen, they just want it to be available, if needed. Women who choose to have an abortion (that is, after all, the factor selecting which babies get aborted) are not part of any organized group, and have not so much in common with one another.

No one likes the word genocide, and there are those who will argue that what happened in Rwanda was not a genocide...it was 'just' a civil war. But outside observers can generally tell the difference.

Abortion is many horrible things, and I think it does bear comparison to both the Holocaust and slavery. But I wouldn't call it a genocide because of the lack of intentionality in those carrying it out.[/quote]

Sorry but there is a group, Planned Parenthood, and others who are actively seeking to terminated a specific group of people, unborn children, which are "defined by the exterminators as undesirable."

Not calling genocide, genocide only helps the enemy.

Edited by KnightofChrist