An Old School Catholic Message Board

Murder By Pro-aborts?

Resurrexi

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1879810' date='May 31 2009, 10:32 PM']Your example had a hill of beans to do with HisChildForever point. Your example was not the intentional termination of a group, his was.[/quote]

His??

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1879856' date='May 31 2009, 09:52 PM']His??[/quote]

Yeah, I found that funny too.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1879853' date='May 31 2009, 09:51 PM']Definitely not an apology.[/quote]

Denial, besides being a river in Egypt, is an ugly thing :ohno:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1879849' date='May 31 2009, 10:50 PM']It was logically analogous

The government is proactively aiming to exterminate the nations population of fetuses?[/quote]

A group of people are proactively aiming to exterminate millions of 'unwanted' babies. Otherwise known as genocide.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1879856' date='May 31 2009, 10:52 PM']His??[/quote]

Oh sorry! I meant "his" as in "HisChildForever." Sorry

HisChildForever

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1879883' date='May 31 2009, 11:04 PM']Oh sorry! I meant "his" as in "HisChildForever." Sorry[/quote]

Lol.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1879878' date='May 31 2009, 10:02 PM']A group of people are proactively aiming to exterminate millions of 'unwanted' babies. Otherwise known as genocide.[/quote]

Well I wince in asking this because I'm almost sure I know what your "argument" is going to be but thanks to my morbid curiosity I must ask you to explain what you mean.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

The premise of this argument is ridiculous. Everyone knows the Communists set the Reichstag on fire.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1879624' date='May 31 2009, 09:16 PM']KnightofChrist, I admire your pro-life stance, but I think its is incorrect to refer to abortion as genocide unless one particular ethnic group is being singled out for abortion.[/quote]

Its the number one killer of african americans

Its genocide

and its genocide of the human race

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1879890' date='May 31 2009, 11:11 PM']Well I wince in asking this because I'm almost sure I know what your "argument" is going to be but thanks to my morbid curiosity I must ask you to explain what you mean.[/quote]

I'd rather not repeat myself again. Why don't you just tell me what you think my argument is so I can tell you if you're right or wrong. I'm thinking you'll twist it but let's see.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Hassan' post='1879700' date='May 31 2009, 09:50 PM']No. Unless you make the term so elastic as to render it almost totally meaningless and utterly analytically useless abortion cannot qualify as genocide.[/quote]

ridiculous.

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1880119' date='Jun 1 2009, 01:32 AM']ridiculous.[/quote]
Then how is abortion genocide?

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Hassan' post='1879762' date='May 31 2009, 10:09 PM']Be as intelectually vacuous as you care. I hope you don't expect to be taken seriously by anyone outside your own little choir with it though.[/quote]

You are being absolutely unreasonable and your bias is showing through very much for someone who seems to pride himself on his impartial attitudes toward everything.

And I don't know when the last time you were having a real-life conversation with someone about the nature of abortion, but I was doing it yesterday and this was brought up. It was taken very seriously (shocker, I guess to you). When you compare abortion to other forms of historical genocide the similarities are [url="http://www.blackgenocide.org/abortion.html"]striking[/url].

In the historical genocides which are most often compared with abortion (holocaust, slavery) the personhood of the human being is always redefined to exclude the one intended victim class.

Both the genocide of slavery and that of the holocaust were framed in the language of "choice."

In all cases the victim class tends to be people who have what we want or get in our way.

Victim class also is also seen as a "disease" on society or as diseased themselves.

And in all cases it is claimed that the resources are inadequate to care for intended victim class if they are allowed to live.

All things that happened during the holocaust and slavery. Both situations true genocides.

All of these things also have happened in the reign of legalized abortion. Also, a genocide.

Your statements remind me of the fathers we encounter when sidewalk counseling. They don't want to hold the picture of what an abortion is. They don't even want to look at it. It might hit some "emotional buttons." They don't want to hold the little rubber baby that is of the exact size and resemblance of the 12 week old child in their girlfriend's womb they are about to abort... it might push some "emotional buttons." They don't want to hear the term "genocide" because it makes them think and it pushes some "emotional buttons."

Kind of like the woman who owns the clinic. She refuses to call it or hear it called a baby. It is a "fetus." It is not an abortion. It is a "termination." It is not genocide. It's ... well what [i]is[/i] it, Hassan?

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1880147' date='Jun 1 2009, 02:07 AM']You are being absolutely unreasonable and your bias is showing through very much for someone who seems to pride himself on his impartial attitudes toward everything.[/quote]

I am biased, as are you. No one approaches any subject without some bias. That being said perhapse it is you whose undue bias is leadeing them to a unsustainable position.

just a thought.

[quote]And I don't know when the last time you were having a real-life conversation with someone about the nature of abortion, but I was doing it yesterday and this was brought up. It was taken very seriously (shocker, I guess to you). When you compare abortion to other forms of historical genocide the similarities are [url="http://www.blackgenocide.org/abortion.html"]striking[/url].

In the historical genocides which are most often compared with abortion (holocaust, slavery) the personhood of the human being is always redefined to exclude the one intended victim class.

Both the genocide of slavery and that of the holocaust were framed in the language of "choice."

In all cases the victim class tends to be people who have what we want or get in our way.

Victim class also is also seen as a "disease" on society or as diseased themselves.

And in all cases it is claimed that the resources are inadequate to care for intended victim class if they are allowed to live.

All things that happened during the holocaust and slavery. Both situations true genocides.

All of these things also have happened in the reign of legalized abortion. Also, a genocide.[/quote]

Let's say all your points could be ascribed to both abortion and the Holocaust (How do you figure that slavery was genocide? Every aweful thing that happens to a group of people is not genocide) and other instances of genocide in the past. Simply finding correlations does not constitute a genocide. Genocide is given a very clear definition so it might be analytically useful .

You need to show how abortion fits the actual definition of genocide, which you can't do. There is not particular social class being targeted, the government is not coordinating actions to bring about the destruction of a particular class of individuals through abortion.

[quote]Your statements remind me of the fathers we encounter when sidewalk counseling. They don't want to hold the picture of what an abortion is. They don't even want to look at it. It might hit some "emotional buttons." They don't want to hold the little rubber baby that is of the exact size and resemblance of the 12 week old child in their girlfriend's womb they are about to abort... it might push some "emotional buttons." They don't want to hear the term "genocide" because it makes them think and it pushes some "emotional buttons."

Kind of like the woman who owns the clinic. She refuses to call it or hear it called a baby. It is a "fetus." It is not an abortion. It is a "termination." It is not genocide. It's ... well what [i]is[/i] it, Hassan?[/quote]

It's an abortion. The ending of the viability of a fetus. Call it a baby, insist it's murder, even if both points were granted it would not constitute genocide. Every horrid thing involving individuals dying is not genocide. It doesn't mean it doesn't matter, doesn't even mean that the contemporary instances of genocide are less severe. Genocide isin't some rank on the totem poll, it's just the name for a particular type of phenomena.