An Old School Catholic Message Board

Late Term Abortion Provider

dairygirl4u2c

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

the only evil i see, is not from the man who shot him... but from the ones who would rather look the other way, as a practicing genocidal lunatic resides among us

dominicansoul

to be honest, i don't place the guy who pulled the trigger in the same category of murder that I place tiller...perhaps, he felt he was protecting future unborn children, or perhaps he was personally effected by an abortion tiller performed? we don't know all the details. maybe he was doing it to defend someone he loves from having one? i don't know what to think of this kind of situation...it's happened before, and I'm sure it will happen again...

violence begets violence...

..but I can't honestly judge the killer and call him a murderer in the same right as this abortionist...

tiller slaughtered thousands in the most vile and violent of ways...and he would've continued to slaughter thousands more if he wasn't stopped...

this man only shot and killed one man and will possibly get the death penalty. tiller killed thousands...and received a much humane death penalty than he gave to those little babies...

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1880442' date='Jun 1 2009, 03:21 PM']..and he would've continued to slaughter thousands more if he wasn't stopped...[/quote]

We have no way of knowing this for sure. Would you have all abortionist shot and killed? What about those who have since repented for their years of work as an abortionist and have become strong advocates for life. If we could go back in time would you have them gunned down while they were still doing abortions even if you knew they would become advocates for life? Or would you give them the chance to repent and save their souls? As much as I want to see abortions become illegal, having people shot and killed definitely isn't the answer. There will truly never be an end until there is first a change of heart among many.

[quote name='StColette' post='1880447' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:28 PM']We have no way of knowing this for sure. Would you have all abortionist shot and killed? What about those who have since repented for their years of work as an abortionist and have become strong advocates for life. If we could go back in time would you have them gunned down too even if you knew they would become advocates for life? Or would you give them the chance to repent and save their souls? As much as I want to see abortions become illegal, having people shot and killed definitely isn't the answer. There will truly never be an end until there is first a change of heart among many.[/quote]

Exactly right.

dominicansoul

[quote name='StColette' post='1880447' date='Jun 1 2009, 02:28 PM']We have no way of knowing this for sure. Would you have all abortionist shot and killed? What about those who have since repented for their years of work as an abortionist and have become strong advocates for life. If we could go back in time would you have them gunned down too even if you knew they would become advocates for life? Or would you give them the chance to repent and save their souls? As much as I want to see abortions become illegal, having people shot and killed definitely isn't the answer. There will truly never be an end until there is first a change of heart among many.[/quote]

oh yeah, you guys are both right.... but it's frustrating...you know... this is how I feel about it.... as wrong as it may be... i can't help myself...

i guess i am thinking in the same light as that of capital punishment... i believe it is necessary, most especially when thousands of lives are at stake...

can people change their lives? Yes, but in the mean time, it's so unfair that they continue to slaughter...

I'm not for gunning them down and kiilling them dead... but to be honest, i wouldn't mind if they were all maimed in some way, so that they could no longer perform their abortions...something that would prevent them from continuing their merciless slaughter of the unborn...this way, maimed and handicapped, they can be given a chance to "change their hearts" while not continuing in their satanic bloodlust of the unborn...

+J.M.J.+
what if we were talking about a situation where killing babies up to 2 yrs old was legal? and he was a "doctor" that provided this 'service'.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1880459' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:12 PM']oh yeah, you guys are both right.... but it's frustrating...you know... this is how I feel about it.... as wrong as it may be... i can't help myself...

i guess i am thinking in the same light as that of capital punishment... i believe it is necessary, most especially when thousands of lives are at stake...

can people change their lives? Yes, but in the mean time, it's so unfair that they continue to slaughter...

I'm not for gunning them down and kiilling them dead... but to be honest, i wouldn't mind if they were all maimed in some way, so that they could no longer perform their abortions...something that would prevent them from continuing their merciless slaughter of the unborn...this way, maimed and handicapped, they can be given a chance to "change their hearts" while not continuing in their satanic bloodlust of the unborn...[/quote]

i wouldn't want them to be maimed but i would want the result, the conversion.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1880464' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:18 PM']+J.M.J.+
what if we were talking about a situation where killing babies up to 2 yrs old was legal? and he was a "doctor" that provided this 'service'.[/quote]

but it would still be wrong to [i]kill[/i] the doctor...

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1880459' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:12 PM']oh yeah, you guys are both right.... but it's frustrating...you know... this is how I feel about it.... as wrong as it may be... i can't help myself...[/quote]

It's okay to feel anger and frustration, but it's different to wish physical harm (death) to someone, not saying that's what you were wanting :)

[quote]can people change their lives? Yes, but in the mean time, it's so unfair that they continue to slaughter...[/quote]

You know, it's not fair. Lots of things aren't. But them dying whether naturally or by incidents such as this isn't going to be an answer. Sadly, there are going to continue to be more doctors willing to do these things because our society rationalizes it so much. You know, your average OBGYN has done abortions as well. It's not just "abortionists" but it's also our OBGYNs. Until it is outlawed, it will not stop. Even then some will break the law and still do abortions.

[quote]I'm not for gunning them down and kiilling them dead... but to be honest, i wouldn't mind if they were all maimed in some way, so that they could no longer perform their abortions...something that would prevent them from continuing their merciless slaughter of the unborn...this way, maimed and handicapped, they can be given a chance to "change their hearts" while not continuing in their satanic bloodlust of the unborn...[/quote]

Again, like I said above, even if they stop what they're doing there will continue to be more willing to take their places until our society wakes up.

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1880464' date='Jun 1 2009, 05:18 PM']+J.M.J.+
what if we were talking about a situation where killing babies up to 2 yrs old was legal? and he was a "doctor" that provided this 'service'.[/quote]

Sadly, it's happening in China right now. And nothing's being done about it.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1880464' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:18 PM']+J.M.J.+

[quote name='Seven77' post='1880466' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:28 PM']but it would still be wrong to [i]kill[/i] the doctor...[/quote]

I agree with Seven, that as horrible as it is, it would still be wrong. How do we know what God's will for this "doctor" would is? Do we have the right to put our will before God's?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='StColette' post='1880472' date='Jun 1 2009, 05:37 PM']I agree with Seven, that as horrible as it is, it would still be wrong. How do we know what God's will for this "doctor" would is? Do we have the right to put our will before God's?[/quote]
Would you have killed Dr. Mengele if given the chance? I would have.

dominicansoul

i have to agree with the sentiments behind lil red and cmotherofpirl's statements..

i think what's frustrating me, is... [i]why isn't it just[/i]? [i]why can't we defend our little brothers and sisters in Christ with force?[/i]

in the history of our world, if many of the men who killed millions were stopped dead in their tracks, millions of lives would have been saved....

if hitler were alive today... would we still argue that he shouldn't be killed so that he can have a "change of heart?" even as he continued his "final solution?"

HisChildForever

[quote name='StColette' post='1880472' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:37 PM']I agree with Seven, that as horrible as it is, it would still be wrong. How do we know what God's will for this "doctor" would is? Do we have the right to put our will before God's?[/quote]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1880476' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:44 PM']Would you have killed Dr. Mengele if given the chance? I would have.[/quote]

This conversation reminds me of a Japanese series (three movies) Mad V let me borrow, entitled "Death Note." A hard-working law students begins to question the purpose of legal justice as he hears more and more about dropped and/or unsolved murder cases. He stumbles upon a notebook which was accidentally dropped by a death god. There are rules to this book, but as long as you know the individual's name and face you can write in their name - once the name is written, they will die of heart failure within 40 seconds UNLESS you also write in how they will die and when (the maximum date of death is 23 days after their name is written). Obviously, the law student begins to write in the names of murderers, commonly doing this right after he sees news reports. He thinks he is doing this for the sake of justice. HOWEVER, he soon begins to write in names of innocent people - either to get to someone else, or because they were in his way. (At first they were innocents "in his way" as he murdered for justice, but then they simply became people he disliked.) He goes down a very dark path, to the point where he becomes such a villain it's UNREAL. My point is, if you deem it a "necessary evil" to murder a murderer, when will you stop? COULD you stop?

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1880476' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:44 PM']Would you have killed Dr. Mengele if given the chance? I would have.[/quote]

In self defense of myself, maybe not likely though, or defense of another in my presence, more likely to do this than to defend myself. But aside from that I agree with what Resurrexi said at the beginning of this thread, that "one may never do a moral evil that good may come of it".

Again, that would be your choice to take that type of action just as it would be my choice not to unless in self defense of myself or another.

(having this looming feeling that a lynch mob is gonna come after her)