An Old School Catholic Message Board

Late Term Abortion Provider

dairygirl4u2c

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

I am sorry that he was gunned down. I think it much more appropriate if he had been run over by a truck.

I will not deny that I am happy this man is no longer practicing medicine.

But I certainly cannot approve of the man who walked into a [i]church[/i] and shot him dead in cold blood. That action is [i]clearly[/i] morally wrong, and cannot be justified.

Is it wrong for this abortionist to kill babies? Yes. Is it legal? Yes. So, the options for stopping him are limited, and of course people have been diligent in protesting him and bringing legal suits against him.

Vigilante justice is flawed specifically because there is no check to make sure justice is actually served. Watch the [i]Ox-bow Incident[/i]. Watch [i]Boondock Saints[/i] - if you decide to take matters into your own hands and start making life or death decisions for others, you are going to make mistakes. Playing God is one of the ultimate forms of pride, and that arrogance alone is probably enough to get you damned before you even pull the trigger.

There had to be ways to put him out of business short of killing him.

IF his death had been accident, whether that be by speeding truck or lightening strike, then it would ba appropriate to speculate if God was enacting His justice. What happened last weekend was not God's justice, it was some prideful person's misguided ATTEMPT at justice.

Put another way, I can't just go around offing unrepentant sinners using the logic that they are leading others astray. While God could certainly do that....I am not God, and it's not my call. Commiting a sin to prevent that very same sin is...warped.

kenrockthefirst

As a side note, I find it sad that this man was an usher for the "church" where he was killed. The fact that "a church" even tacitly endorsed his livelihood by having him act in any kind of official capacity casts a poor light on it, and unfortunately also contributes to the sense of fragmentation that exists within the Body of Christ today.

cmotherofpirl

I don't think we can go around killing them, because that is descending to their level. On the other hand, I'm pleased he is dead.

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1880267' date='Jun 1 2009, 10:58 AM']As a side note, I find it sad that this man was an usher for the "church" where he was killed. The fact that "a church" even tacitly endorsed his livelihood by having him act in any kind of official capacity casts a poor light on it, and unfortunately also contributes to the sense of fragmentation that exists within the Body of Christ today.[/quote]

ELCA supports abortion under several different circumstances, which is probably why they didn't see a problem with him being an usher.

[url="http://www.elca.org/What-We-Believe/Social-Issues/Social-Statements/Abortion.aspx"]http://www.elca.org/What-We-Believe/Social...s/Abortion.aspx[/url]

you do know a lot of serial killers have justified their actions this way?
lust is a sin too, guess Pictin had it right feeding prostitutes to pigs?
you are ridiculous.

"i have never killed a man, but i have read many an obituary with great pleasure" is about all that applies here.

Edited by Jesus_lol

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1880412' date='Jun 1 2009, 03:15 PM']you do know a lot of serial killers have justified their actions this way?
lust is a sin too, guess Pictin had it right feeding prostitutes to pigs?
you are ridiculous.

"i have never killed a man, but i have read many an obituary with great pleasure" is about all that applies here.[/quote]
Mark Twain was always good with a quote.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1880418' date='Jun 1 2009, 02:31 PM']Mark Twain was always good with a quote.[/quote]
Yeah, I like

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true."

Anyway, why do you all hate this chap so much? I mean is it just because he was an abortion provider?

dairygirl4u2c

any pleasure is derived is merely something an individual needs to work on- it's not probably something one should enjoy. righteous indignation, maybe okay.
the cold truth is that he probably should have been assassinated as he was. that doesn't have to do with said 'feelings'. perhaps im wrong to say assassinate, i doubt it. but it's at least debateable. all the 'clearly wrong' etc, is clearly wrong. and notice, they usual lack decent arguments, it's just 'cause i said so etc'. (i know they could form something decent, but even then id be against it as mostly fluff and inconsistency)
i feel sorry for the guy a bit. but that doesn't mean anything. i feel sorry for the guys who must die in a just war, or who are executed. eerily and morbidly bad about it, such sometimes that i feel like that's enough reason not to do it, ever. but, 'feelings' must fall to reason.
in this case, the man who shot him was a hero. (not a coward as some say... if anyone is one, the only cowards are those who wont do it themselves, or are so warped as to think he should still be alive today
(minus certain exceptsions like if ya think his death didn't accomplish anything- in which case i just disagree as a factual issue, a reasonable factual dispute as i see it, and not necessarily in principal about it

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='Hassan' post='1880421' date='Jun 1 2009, 02:41 PM']Anyway, why do you all hate this chap so much? I mean is it just because he was an abortion provider?[/quote]

I don't think anyone hates him, at least, I don't. Praying for his soul and praying for his family because both desperately need it.

thessalonian

They were such fine upstanding members of their church. :unsure: Finding it hard to be too sorrowful about this. The man was a serial killer and the government approved. Justice was served by this action even if I don't agree with taking the law in to our own hands.

[quote name='StColette' post='1880423' date='Jun 1 2009, 01:47 PM']I don't think anyone hates him, at least, I don't. Praying for his soul and praying for his family because both desperately need it.[/quote]

[i]I am sorry that he was gunned down. I think it much more appropriate if he had been run over by a truck. [/i]

I don't know what else you call that.

I guess my question is what makes this one doctor so much worse than any other.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hassan' post='1880428' date='Jun 1 2009, 03:57 PM'][i]I am sorry that he was gunned down. I think it much more appropriate if he had been run over by a truck. [/i]

I don't know what else you call that.

I guess my question is what makes this one doctor so much worse than any other.[/quote]
60,000 dead babies.