An Old School Catholic Message Board

George Tiller Shot To Death At Wichita Church

isilzha

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1880490' date='Jun 1 2009, 05:05 PM']i don't really include Fox with the evil mass media....[/quote]

:hijack:

DS, you know I love you, but try to keep in mind that not everyone in communications is evil. It may be my zeal talking (I've only just started getting field experience), but calling the media evil as a whole is a gross generalization.

There are some of us out there who are still working with actual values and integrity. Maybe someday we'll rise up and overthrow the punks who cave to pressure. ;)

:blowkiss:

[/end hijack]

Archaeology cat

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1881540' date='Jun 3 2009, 02:14 AM']I just read that Tiller's killer was a former member of the Freemen white supremacist group, and had schizophrenia that he refused to be medicated for. Kind of my biggest nightmare combined with my husband's. It should make for a really interesting trial.[/quote]
I just heard about him having schizophrenia, but I didn't know that he refused to be medicated for it (though I assumed as much) or that he was in the Freemen.

CatherineM

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1886240' date='Jun 8 2009, 07:59 AM']I just heard about him having schizophrenia, but I didn't know that he refused to be medicated for it (though I assumed as much) or that he was in the Freemen.[/quote]

The media are only interested in the anti-abortion angle so it's harder to find out facts.

Nihil Obstat

Maybe it's better that the schizophrenia side isn't talked about. Less chance for there to be further stereotyping against the people that manage it properly.