An Old School Catholic Message Board

George Tiller Shot To Death At Wichita Church

isilzha

dominicansoul

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1880471' date='Jun 1 2009, 03:35 PM']Check this article out...

[url="http://www.lifenews.com/state4189.html"]http://www.lifenews.com/state4189.html[/url][/quote]

sadly, this is not the way the mass media is going to present this....

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1880480' date='Jun 1 2009, 04:50 PM']sadly, this is not the way the mass media is going to present this....[/quote]

Actually, I read something similar on the Fox News article

Not sure if this has been posted

Fr. Pavone on Tiller Killing

May 31, 2009
STATEN ISLAND, NY (MetroCatholic) - Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life, issued the following statement upon hearing this morning of the killing of abortionist George Tiller:

“I am saddened to hear of the killing of George Tiller this morning. At this point, we do not know the motives of this act, or who is behind it, whether an angry post-abortive man or woman, or a misguided activist, or an enemy within the abortion industry, or a political enemy frustrated with the way Tiller has escaped prosecution. We should not jump to conclusions or rush to judgment.

“But whatever the motives, we at Priests for Life continue to insist on a culture in which violence is never seen as the solution to any problem. Every life has to be protected, without regard to their age or views or actions.”

[url="http://www.dfwcatholic.org/fr-pavone-on-tiller-killing4546/.html"]http://www.dfwcatholic.org/fr-pavone-on-ti...lling4546/.html[/url]

Edit to add

Statement of the Bishops of Kansas

"We, the four Catholic Bishops of the Dioceses of Kansas, unequivocally condemn the murder of Dr. George Tiller that occurred in Wichita earlier today. The Catholic Church believes that every human life is sacred.

"The murder of a human being is the gravest of crimes and is an intrinsic evil. Such an act of violence against human life is a contradiction of the most fundamental principle of the Pro-Life movement.

"The fact that this attack occurred in a church, a place of prayer and worship, only adds to the horror of this terrible crime.

"We prayerfully commend Dr. George Tiller to the mercy of God and we pray for comfort and consolation for his family and friends.

Most Reverend Joseph F. Naumann, Archbishop of Kansas City in Kansas
Most Reverend Ronald M. Gilmore, Bishop of Dodge City
Most Reverend Paul S. Coakley, Bishop of Salina
Most Reverend Michael O. Jackels, Bishop of Wichita

[url="http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=33701"]http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=33701[/url]

CatherineM

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1879614' date='May 31 2009, 08:12 PM']URGH. He also provided burial services, right? Clearly he acknowledged the children as human beings. (That sentence sounds funny but you know what I mean.) Many pro-abortion individuals are convinced that the baby is not a baby, but obviously Tiller believed otherwise.[/quote]

He may have done burials because they are cheaper than paying for biological waste disposal.

CatherineM

What if on the way to work on Monday, he has struck by the same light that hit Saul of Tarsus? What if he had a change of heart? What if his murderer robbed him of his chance to repent?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1880775' date='Jun 2 2009, 12:38 AM']What if on the way to work on Monday, he has struck by the same light that hit Saul of Tarsus? What if he had a change of heart? What if his murderer robbed him of his chance to repent?[/quote]

Catherine there are a lot of people in the world I feel sorry for, he doesn't make the list.

CatherineM

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1880794' date='Jun 1 2009, 10:47 PM']Catherine there are a lot of people in the world I feel sorry for, he doesn't make the list.[/quote]

Yeah, I agree with you on that one, even if I know I shouldn't. I guess now that he is dead, they won't continue to investigate Sibelius' campaign finance issues. Wouldn't it be bizarre if that's why he was shot?

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1880765' date='Jun 1 2009, 11:35 PM']He may have done burials because they are cheaper than paying for biological waste disposal.[/quote]

Interesting. Seems like a logical explanation.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1880799' date='Jun 2 2009, 12:49 AM']Yeah, I agree with you on that one, even if I know I shouldn't. I guess now that he is dead, they won't continue to investigate Sibelius' campaign finance issues. Wouldn't it be bizarre if that's why he was shot?[/quote]
Bizarre but possibly true.

CatherineM

The only reason I know about the biological waste thing is that an abortion doctor in Oklahoma, must have been 15-20 years ago got into trouble for dumping fetuses in his regular trash. The only thing he could be charged with was illegal dumping of biological waste. With burial, they can mass grave it.

CatherineM

I just read that Tiller's killer was a former member of the Freemen white supremacist group, and had schizophrenia that he refused to be medicated for. Kind of my biggest nightmare combined with my husband's. It should make for a really interesting trial.

Saint Therese

Its very ironic. I"m not condoning the killing in any way, but I do find that it illustrates the axiom that the devil hurts the ones closest to him the most. He used one damaged person to take out another.