An Old School Catholic Message Board

George Tiller Shot To Death At Wichita Church

isilzha

George Tiller shot to death at Wichita church
Comments (0)
BY STAN FINGER
The Wichita Eagle

WICHITA - George Tiller, the Wichita doctor who became a national lightning rod in the debate over abortion, was shot to death this morning as he walked into church services.

Tiller, 67, was shot just after 10 a.m. at Reformation Lutheran Church at 7601 E. 13th, where he was a member of the congregation. Witnesses and a police source confirmed Tiller was the victim.

No information has been released about whether a suspect is in custody.

[url="http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/833730.html"]More[/url]

rizz_loves_jesus

I sincerely hope, in his final moments, he realized and repented for what he has been doing for the past few decades. My family has been praying for him for a long time. :(

:sign:

Brother Adam

While it was a mortal sin to gun him down, and a horrible thing that happened, thank God his killing spree is over.

Just got home from adoration and heard the news from the lady who comes in after me. Totally shocked.

Not only was the action of whoever shot him immoral, it was also counterproductive and lacking prudence. Tiller will now be hailed by pro-aborts as a martyr.

[quote name='isilzha' post='1879232' date='May 31 2009, 01:33 PM']George Tiller shot to death at Wichita [s]church[/s] ecclesial community[/quote]

Yeah, I just had to do that.

:mellow:

Winchester

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1879241' date='May 31 2009, 01:55 PM']While it was a mortal sin to gun him down, and a horrible thing that happened, thank God his killing spree is over.[/quote]
You have no idea whether or not it was a mortal sin. You don't know who or why, and you'll never really know the latter. Leave the judgement as to whether a sin is imputed to a person to God.

Winchester

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1879266' date='May 31 2009, 02:24 PM']We can judge whether the sin was of grave matter.[/quote]
You don't know if it's a sin. Particular actions aren't open to your personal opinion. Leave. It. To. God.

Brother Adam

[quote name='Winchester' post='1879264' date='May 31 2009, 03:24 PM']You have no idea whether or not it was a mortal sin. You don't know who or why, and you'll never really know the latter. Leave the judgement as to whether a sin is imputed to a person to God.[/quote]

I know you are more intelligent than that, we've both been around here long enough. It is a mortal sin to walk into a church and gun someone down. Only culpability to that sin is in question.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1879268' date='May 31 2009, 02:26 PM']You don't know if it's a sin. Particular actions aren't open to your personal opinion. Leave. It. To. God.[/quote]

If a grave matter is committed without knowledge or consent, it would still be a material sin...

Edited by Resurrexi

Winchester

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1879270' date='May 31 2009, 02:27 PM']I know you are more intelligent than that, we've both been around here long enough. It is a mortal sin to walk into a church and gun someone down. Only culpability to that sin is in question.[/quote]
It's a mortal sin to [i]murder [/i]someone.

We simply don't believe unborn children are equal to born children--I have the guts to admit it. And that, among other things, makes me wonder about my soul.

Brother Adam

Yes, and walking into a church and gunning someone down qualifies as murder, likely premeditated. I just honestly can't imagine this story turning into a case of self-defense in a church where Tiller is the aggressor. If it does fine, I take it back.

--

Okay, I use grave and mortal interchangeably. Bad habit. It is without a doubt grave matter.