An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Be Religious When Your Young?

Oliver

inunionwithrome

I think that because when you are young if you are mature you are more in love with Jesus and understand the faith and sacrifice you must make for Him. A lot of religious orders have a cut-off age of 45. Also health issues arise. My mom is 50. She's had fibromyalgia for seven years. So...also for those reasons. You never know when God will expect the most of prayer of you and give you many sacrifices to grow close to Him.

CatherineM

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1874821' date='May 25 2009, 11:15 AM']You could die at any time.[/quote]

That's for sure. I should be dead a couple of times, many of which happened in my 20's.

To make this world a little more holy.:)

Is she claiming that non-religious people have better lives then?

Thanks for the replies. Where I live in the england the main social thing is to go out clubbing and drink lots of alcohol to get wasted (when this happens you meet up with other guys and girls, you get the picture). I guess she means just going out and not having to care about anything. I did give her an answer in the end and it made her think about it but it was about medjugorje which I know is still controversial so I left it out on here.

But yeah it is kind of scary to think we could die anytime really, so its very important to keep a religious life at any age.

Edited by Oliver

[quote name='Oliver' post='1874534' date='May 24 2009, 08:39 PM']This is a question my sister asked me. Why be religious when your young? Why cant I enjoy myself now and then be religious when im much older?

I really think this is what the majority of my generation think. What if they sin now and forgive in later life while others have prayed there whole lives. I will be honest I didnt have an answer for her.[/quote]

I'm aiming for a death bed conversion :yes:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1874858' date='May 25 2009, 01:42 PM']Wouldn't that be a re-version for you?[/quote]

No :huh:

I was never a Hasidic Jew :mellow:

Why would anyone ever become a Hasidic Jew? Catholicism is the only religion worth converting to.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1874865' date='May 25 2009, 12:50 PM']Why would anyone ever become a Hasidic Jew? Catholicism is the only religion worth converting to.[/quote]

Anti Semite <_<

:mellow:

Brother Vinny

[quote name='Hassan' post='1874866' date='May 25 2009, 01:51 PM']Anti Semite <_<

:mellow:[/quote]

A Semite is a descendant of Shem, one of Noah's sons.

Judaism, in this context, is a religion.

Not all Semitic people are Jews (some are even Catholic), and not all Jews are Semitic.

[quote name='Brother Vinny' post='1874870' date='May 25 2009, 12:57 PM']A Semite is a descendant of Shem, one of Noah's sons.

Judaism, in this context, is a religion.

Not all Semitic people are Jews (some are even Catholic), and not all Jews are Semitic.[/quote]

:no:

Not from a scientific point of view anyway.

As to the rest, sure. I was just kidding. I have no intention of becoming a Hasidic Jew, nor so I believe Resurexi is an Anti-Semite.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1874871' date='May 25 2009, 12:58 PM']Hassan was kidding :)[/quote]

Don't try to make light of your obvious anti Semitism :annoyed:

:P

Brother Vinny

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1874871' date='May 25 2009, 01:58 PM']Hassan was kidding :)[/quote]

I know; I'm in a pedantic mood. :nerd:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1874872' date='May 25 2009, 01:59 PM']:no:

Not from a scientific point of view anyway.[/quote]

Not sure to which science you refer. :unsure: