An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Roman Catholic Woman Got My Respect

RezaMikhaeil

while i think that the mother's actions are morally irresponsible i also am uneasy about the state's ordering...i think of the ESCR scenario Lil Red mentioned and the Terri Schiavo case. the state is morally confused.

btw, alternative medicine is good but things being the way they are... chemo is the correct way to go in this case despite those who only wish to profit $$$.

Nihil Obstat

Took one dose of chemo and decided it was too much for him?

I'm sorry, but what a cop out.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1875090' date='May 25 2009, 07:36 PM']Took one dose of chemo and decided it was too much for him?

I'm sorry, but what a cop out.[/quote]

It is extraordinary means...

CatherineM

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1875110' date='May 25 2009, 06:54 PM']It is extraordinary means...[/quote]

My mom has gone through chemo twice, once in 1990 when they also removed one of her lungs, and once in 1998 when they also took her right breast. That extra 19 years of life have allowed her to see 4 of her grandchildren be married, and 8 great grand children be born. More importantly they have been allowed to have her in their lives.

I don't think she would consider it to have been extraordinary.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1874084' date='May 23 2009, 07:58 PM']I'd thought most of my lfe that Roman Catholics are a group of the most hardcore believers on the planet, that won't hesitate to obey their own convictions over the secular laws of the land but this lady took it to another leve, which I respect.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyUzhfcajMw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyUzhfcajMw[/url]

Note: Fox News got it wrong, the family is Roman Catholic. Maybe some of you know where better articles on it are. The News paper in the state of Minnesota and Wisconsin is much better but this will get the discussion going.

Reza[/quote]

She should never be allowed to have a child.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Hassan' post='1875244' date='May 25 2009, 09:18 PM']She should never be allowed to have a child.[/quote]

She has raised this boy fine and there is nothing at all that proves that she has not been a great mother to him up to this point.

She has returned with the boy and he is fine and they are seeing what will happen in the future.

I do think it is ignorant of her, for whatever reasons, to seek "natural healing pracitices," but for her to not ever have been allowed to have a child is harsh and unfair.

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1875275' date='May 25 2009, 08:30 PM']She has raised this boy fine and there is nothing at all that proves that she has not been a great mother to him up to this point.

She has returned with the boy and he is fine and they are seeing what will happen in the future.

I do think it is ignorant of her, for whatever reasons, to seek "natural healing pracitices," but for her to not ever have been allowed to have a child is harsh and unfair.[/quote]

Perhapse I've just seen too many kids screwed over by the parents who were supposed to look out for them. As far as I can see, if she's too stupid to see through that asinine cult and make the overwhelmingly rational decision then the son deserves a guardian whose not a complete moron.

Not to mention that the child is 13 years old and illiterate due to his parent's homeschooling.

CatherineM

[quote name='Hassan' post='1875291' date='May 25 2009, 08:38 PM']Not to mention that the child is 13 years old and illiterate due to his parent's homeschooling.[/quote]

I hadn't heard that about her. That is definitely child abuse in my book.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1875090' date='May 25 2009, 05:36 PM']Took one dose of chemo and decided it was too much for him?

I'm sorry, but what a cop out.[/quote]

Have you ever been through Chemo?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1875244' date='May 25 2009, 07:18 PM']She should never be allowed to have a child.[/quote]

...of all people Hassan, I thought you'd have sided with her.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1875305' date='May 25 2009, 08:50 PM']...of all people Hassan, I thought you'd have sided with her.[/quote]

Why?

TotusTuusMaria

he does have a guardian who, appears, to want the treatment: his father. He urged the mother to return home with the child so they could discuss the treatment further.

As for him being illterate... there is no way he could be illterate and the state have not known about it some time before this, as there is no way for them to bypass the Minnesota homeschooling laws which

1) force them to submit his progress in the required fields of the state (reading, being listed first) every quarter

2) force them to hand over to his class schedule, copies of the materials they use to teach him, and a description of the method used to assess his achievement

3) force him to take standerdized tests

the state would have known by now if he couldn't read and would have corrected the situation or the parents would be battling more then taking the son out of the state and refusing treatment right now. The child would have been taken away from them some time before this (and now) if he truly could not read simply because the "parents weren't really teaching him."

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1875322' date='May 25 2009, 10:01 PM']he does have a guardian who, appears, to want the treatment: his father. He urged the mother to return home with the child so they could discuss the treatment further.

As for him being illterate... there is no way he could be illterate and the state have not known about it some time before this, as there is no way for them to bypass the Minnesota homeschooling laws which

1) force them to submit his progress in the required fields of the state (reading, being listed first) every quarter

2) force them to hand over to his class schedule, copies of the materials they use to teach him, and a description of the method used to assess his achievement

3) forces him to take standerdized tests

the state would have known by now if he couldn't read and would have corrected the situation or the parents would be battling more then taking the son out of the state and refusing treatment.[/quote]

There are functionally illiterate kids in American High Schools.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Hassan' post='1875327' date='May 25 2009, 10:06 PM']There are functionally illiterate kids in American High Schools.[/quote]

:yawn: What does that have to do with anything?

You said he was illiterate due to his parents homeschooling. i'm telling you that is bologna. there is no way for him to be illiterate and the state not know about it. They are under the obligation to take action (which they haven't done and don't appear to be doing)... which leads me to conclude that he isn't illiterate and you saying "he is illiterate by his parents homeschooling" is inaccurate.

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1875332' date='May 25 2009, 09:12 PM']:yawn:

You said he was illiterate due to his parents homeschooling. i'm telling you that is bologna. there is no way for him to be illiterate and the state not know about it. They are under the obligation to take action (which they haven't done and don't appear to be doing)... which leads me to conclude that he isn't illiterate.[/quote]

And with all due respect, it doesn't take a logician to figure out the holes in your reasoning.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Hassan' post='1875334' date='May 25 2009, 10:17 PM']And with all due respect, it doesn't take a logician to figure out the holes in your reasoning.[/quote]

there is no holes.

if he is illiterate they would not have him right now because they didn't comply with the homeschooling laws of their state.

they do have him.

thus, 1) he isn't illiterate 2) they are complying with the state, they are homeschooling him correctly, and the issue isn't the parents

either way you are wrong in one half or all of your statement which was "he is illiterate because of his parents homeschooling him."

what isn't "logical" is that the state has not removed the child if, in fact, "he is illiterate because of his parents homeschooling him" or rather "not homeschooling him"

Edited by TotusTuusMaria