An Old School Catholic Message Board

Need Help Defending The Faith

Catholic116

LivingStone

sorry. didn't see this. i did all ten. i can edit them so that you can include your own stuff. yikes. :mellow:

Brother Vinny

[quote name='LivingStone' post='1872940' date='May 21 2009, 10:06 PM']sorry. didn't see this. i did all ten. i can edit them so that you can include your own stuff. yikes. :mellow:[/quote]

You're cool. Anyone who has Blackshear's "Forgiven" as their avatar is okay in my book. :twothumbsup: No I'm gonna read what you wrote.

LivingStone

you keep beating me to the punch...its because I'm making my posts way too long. I type most of it from notes from classes...takes a bit. :D good stuff still, maybe i should edit it and make it much shorter.

LivingStone

It isn't starting to get heated, per se, but man, they're pulling out quotes from Martin Luther...about why we can't trust saints, the pope, etc.

I think I'm going to hit that "I'lll pray for you" ejection button.

I really like what Fulton Sheen once said:
“There are not over a 100 people in the U.S. that hate the Catholic Church, there are millions however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Maybe I'll drop this too. Any idea of how to 'poetically' pull away from the 'discussion'? There's just too many others over there. Maybe I'll refer them all to phatmass. That'd be good. :D

Winchester

mong jong is either illiterate or a liar. There are numerous Biblical citations in the CCC. My bet is liar. I've found plenty of pretending in debates. People pretend they've read something, when in fact, they've usually, at best, read commentary about something, and it seems the vast majority of anti-Catholic religious writers are fond of fabrication.

Yes, or possibly, idiots.

LivingStone

yeah, I know. I hit the eject button. I made it out of Nam alive.

Edited by LivingStone