An Old School Catholic Message Board

Keep Your Pearls

reyb

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1863577' date='May 10 2009, 11:03 AM']Only Catholics can receive the Eucharist in the Church, but Canon Law 915 clearly prohibits public sinners from taking the Eucharist. Such as those that support the genocide of the 50 million unborn children in the Untied States. In this case the public sinner would be the swine and the pearl would be the Eucharist.[/quote]

I think you should clearify that those would be unrepentant sinners. I myself have had a very difficult time taking the Eucharist [as an Orthodox obviously], because I felt that even after confession, I wasn't taking it worthily because my sins are as high as the tallest mountains and my good deeds are smaller then the smallest peble.

St. Mary of Egypt [whom I think Roman Catholics also venerate] only took the Eucharist once in her life [at her death] because she didnt feel that she was worthy, infact I don't think she even went into a Church.

Reza

Edited by RezaLemmyng

KnightofChrist

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866099' date='May 13 2009, 10:15 AM']I think you should clearify that those would be unrepentant sinners. I myself have had a very difficult time taking the Eucharist [as an Orthodox obviously], because I felt that even after confession, I wasn't taking it worthily because my sins are as high as the tallest mountains and my good deeds are smaller then the smallest peble.

St. Mary of Egypt [whom I think Roman Catholics also venerate] only took the Eucharist once in her life [at her death] because she didnt feel that she was worthy, infact I don't think she even went into a Church.

Reza[/quote]

Yes, unrepentant sinners can not receive the Eucharist. Repentant ones can so long as they are truly repentant.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866099' date='May 13 2009, 11:15 AM']I myself have had a very difficult time taking the Eucharist [as an Orthodox obviously], because I felt that even after confession, I wasn't taking it worthily because my sins are as high as the tallest mountains and my good deeds are smaller then the smallest peble.[/quote]

Know the feeling.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1866078' date='May 13 2009, 11:03 AM']Do Not Pass Go Do Not Collect 200

Game Over[/quote]

You never tried to answer the question....

[quote]Question :[color="#0000FF"][b] if giving your pearl is a ‘sin’ ([post="1851339"]because Louiville said it is a sin [/post]...meaning - of not listening to Jesus who said[color="#FF0000"]' Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs[/color]'...etc. ).[/quote]

But, why then The Christ gave his life for the sinners? Is he a hypocrirte? Is his life not holy or sacred? Is it not a sin to ignore Jesus instruction? What is that 'Pearl'?[/b][/color]

Edited by reyb

KnightofChrist

I repeatedly answered your question about the pearls and swine. I gave examples of pearls and swine. Then we started talking about the examples, which is off topic to the actual topic.

Again your original question was repeatedly answered. I'm not going to go and branch out on the hundreds of different questions and such debating the examples given would entail.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1866463' date='May 13 2009, 06:55 PM']I repeatedly answered your question about the pearls and swine. I gave examples of pearls and swine. Then we started talking about the examples, which is off topic to the actual topic.

Again your original question was repeatedly answered. I'm not going to go and branch out on the hundreds of different questions and such debating the examples given would entail.[/quote]

ok.

she_who_is_not

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1866091' date='May 13 2009, 11:11 AM']St. Syncletica the Desert Mother - A treasure is secure so long as it remains concealed; but when once disclosed, and laid open to every bold invader, it is presently rifled; so virtue is safe so long as secret, but, if rashly exposed, it but too often evaporates into smoke.[/quote]

I love the desert sayings. When I read this, I thought of the enclosed nature of a pearl...hidden inj darkness until it is uncovered and brought to the light. A pearl enclosed has no luminosity, not because of it's composition but because it has no light to reflect. Dogs and swine live close to the earth. A pearl cast to the ground will also lose it's luminosity because it has no ability to reflect the light that shines towards it.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1857578' date='May 4 2009, 02:34 PM'][img]http://www.bc.edu/clubs/swingkids/swing-dance.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.gemdiamond.com/department/images/home/Pearls.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol_pound: