An Old School Catholic Message Board

Eating With Your Feet

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

so is it immoral to eat with your feet?
or to clean things with your tongue?

that argument just crossed my mind, that doing these things denies the said body parts' fundamental purpose, and could be said to be immoral.

thoughts?
other body part arguments that might be worth considering, or interesting?

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1849310' date='Apr 26 2009, 05:19 PM']or to clean things with your tongue?[/quote]

I clean my ice cream spoon with my tongue....

I can write with my toes. I can also snap them, and pinch with them. In a pinch, if I lost my arms, I think I could learn to eat with them.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1849582' date='Apr 26 2009, 11:44 PM']I can write with my toes. I can also snap them, and pinch with them. In a pinch, if I lost my arms, I think I could learn to eat with them.[/quote]
What can't you do?

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1849600' date='Apr 26 2009, 10:54 PM']What can't you do?[/quote]

Run, Jump, wear high heels, hit high C, please my mother, please my mother-in-law, or wear something around my neck.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1849310' date='Apr 26 2009, 09:19 PM']so is it immoral to eat with your feet?[/quote]
Depends on if your feet are paying or not, and if they are, how they earned the money--I've personally never heard of feet holding down a steady job, so I'd question the source of their income. I think this would determine if it was moral or not.

I think dairy is getting at the idea of sexual morality... she tends to make crazy out there statements but I believe this has to do with the idea that you have to use the sexual organs only for what they were made for.

my question is: what philosophical basis is there for saying feet aren't made for grabbing things? or that tongues aren't meant for cleaning?

there is a large and consistent body of philosophy that goes along with the idea of only sticking sexual organs in the places they belong; moreover, it's based more on the idea of what orgasms are meant for than just the idea of what the body part itself is meant for. sodomy (both the homosexual and heterosexual kinds of it) isn't like eating with your feet by grabbing the food and sticking it in your mouth from your feet, it's like trying to taste with your feet. and yes, that'd be wrong, trying to make your feet themselves eat and taste. it also wouldn't be possible, but it's wrong. the difference between it and sodomy is solely that the one is possible and the other is not.