An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theoloigcally Speaking...

princessgianna

princessgianna

Let's say that a daemon wanted to repent and he promised to be good.

Now since he was a daemon wouldn't being 'good' to him mean fulfilling bad actions therefore in our terms he would be bad?

However would he then be 'good' by not fulfilling those bad actions therefore taking part of goodness yet he is still a daemon which is bad?

PG~

If Matt Daemon wanted to repent he would be more than welcome. And he would still be a Daemon (unless he changed his name)

Daemon? I think the normal English spelling of the word is "demon."

Edited by Resurrexi

Groo the Wanderer

Demon is a bad little dude with horns, fangs, and an evil laugh (or is that the obamallama?)

Daemon is a process running on a unix or linux computer.

Daemons do not need to repent since they are not a part of Windows.

demons/devils cannot repent. they are fallen angels. because of their great intelligence, they had full knowledge of the consequences of their rebellion. as such, they cannot turn back.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1846701' date='Apr 24 2009, 10:39 PM']Demon is a bad little dude with horns, fangs, and an evil laugh (or is that the obamallama?)

Daemon is a process running on a unix or linux computer.

Daemons do not need to repent since they are not a part of Windows.

demons/devils cannot repent. they are fallen angels. because of their great intelligence, they had full knowledge of the consequences of their rebellion. as such, they cannot turn back.[/quote]

:lol: sorry, but the windows thing was funny!

princessgianna

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1846417' date='Apr 24 2009, 08:11 PM']Daemon? I think the normal English spelling of the word is "demon."[/quote]
I saw it spelled like that once so my bad!

Haha it's alright :) I just don't normally see it spelled that way, and when it is spelled that way, it's usually referring to something in the writings of Virgil or Phillip Pullman.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1846244' date='Apr 24 2009, 03:29 PM']Let's say that a daemon wanted to repent and he promised to be good.

Now since he was a daemon wouldn't being 'good' to him mean fulfilling bad actions therefore in our terms he would be bad?

However would he then be 'good' by not fulfilling those bad actions therefore taking part of goodness yet he is still a daemon which is bad?

PG~[/quote]

"goodness" is not relative! God is good! God is also Truth. There is no duality in God.

If a demon wanted to be good (not possible - but let's just pretend) - then he would have to be "good" as defined by God - not himself! Good is good.

Edited by nunsense

princessgianna

[quote name='nunsense' post='1846933' date='Apr 25 2009, 01:43 AM']"goodness" is not relative! God is good! God is also Truth. There is no duality in God.

If a demon wanted to be good (not possible - but let's just pretend) - then he would have to be "good" as defined by God - not himself! Good is good.[/quote]
ohh i c!

interesting~thanks~

Edited by princessgianna

As others have pointed out, humans can change their mind because their intelligences are very limited, and thus they never know much about anything. Angels on the other hand can make fully informed judgements, so once they take a decision, it's final, forever. Demons are thus doomed forever.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1846701' date='Apr 25 2009, 01:39 AM']Daemons do not need to repent since they are not a part of Windows.[/quote]Except for Daemon Tools. :topsy:

Edited by Dr_Asik

princessgianna

Does this sort of go in hand that when we (if we) get to heaven, our head/actions will automatically obey our soul?

Thanks
God Bless
PG

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Dr_Asik' post='1847474' date='Apr 25 2009, 03:13 PM']Except for Daemon Tools. :topsy:[/quote]

doh!

Tho I do think daemon tools might be capable of possession. Ever tried to remove a drive mapping after uninstalling DT? Send for the GeekSquad exorcist...