An Old School Catholic Message Board

Myspace, Facebook Pages. Good? Bad?

southern california guy

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1842239' date='Apr 20 2009, 11:54 PM']Oddly, I was able to find your profile and, just in case you did not know, it is not at all private. In fact, I was rather entertained by your videos, as random as they were.[/quote]

lol I would pay at least $ 20 for the address possibly more....

MissScripture

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1841075' date='Apr 19 2009, 11:57 PM']I have a friend who works in the human resources department of a large company, and she says that she now checks the facebook, twitter, and myspace pages of every applicant. If they have naked pictures of themselves on it, they don't get hired. Ditto if there is a bunch of profanity. I don't think we have any idea of boundaries or real privacy anymore.[/quote]
A) People really DON'T have any idea about boundaries. At all.
B) I don't understand how they can check those things when there are multiple people with the same name, and if you have a common name, they can be from the same place. How do they know they're not not hiring the right person? Especially since people sometimes have some WEIRD profile pics?

No to MySpace, yes to Facebook so we can keep up with family and friends all over the country. While my son was in the Navy he could post pictures of the places he'd been to in Japan, and the whole extended family could enjoy them.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1843617' date='Apr 22 2009, 04:46 PM']A) People really DON'T have any idea about boundaries. At all.
B) I don't understand how they can check those things when there are multiple people with the same name, and if you have a common name, they can be from the same place. How do they know they're not not hiring the right person? Especially since people sometimes have some WEIRD profile pics?[/quote]

It is very easy. Very rarely is there two people by the same name who live in the same place who are the same race and who fit the description you are given. You just have to have a very common name like... Brittany Johnson or something or no picture.

Most of the time you can easily find the person.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1847369' date='Apr 25 2009, 06:53 PM']It is very easy. Very rarely is there two people by the same name who live in the same place who are the same race and who fit the description you are given. You just have to have a very common name like... Brittany Johnson or something or no picture.

Most of the time you can easily find the person.[/quote]
Unless you change it so that your name doesn't come up on searches at all. I'm pretty sure that's possible. At least, I've had family members who can't find me, because I don't show up on other people's friend lists. :idontknow:

[quote name='southern california guy' post='1842089' date='Apr 21 2009, 12:21 AM']Yes one women even has a topless profile photo. But she does look pretty good topless -- so I guess that I don't really mind :rolleyes: (I'll probably get a mad rush of guys to check it out... :unsure: ).[/quote]

Yeah, I managed to catch that one on your main page, black cherry on top of my day. <_<