An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cosmetics

princessgianna

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Hilde' post='1840424' date='Apr 19 2009, 10:17 AM']I've bought it from everydayminerals.com and it works well for me. With liquid foundation it's been hard for me to disguise that I'm wearing foundation. I find it gives a really soft natural look. Blushes are fun too.[/quote]

I think i'll get the samples kit and check it out. :D

i had been looking at bare minerals... they are always on tv.

do you think it is really helping your skin?

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1840445' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:00 PM']I think i'll get the samples kit and check it out. :D

i had been looking at bare minerals... they are always on tv.

do you think it is really helping your skin?[/quote]
Yup, it's only going to cost you the shipping so that is great. Just don't order samples in semi-matte like I did. It's going to look like a lot of foundations match you.

I haven't broken out from it no. I've tried bare minerals but I think it's way too expensive.

My mom is confused why I need so many different blushes, but it's fun. :topsy:

HisChildForever

Revlon Colorstay with Softflex is [b]amazing[/b]. I mix it with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Moisturizer (for sensitive skin) and apply it with a sponge wedge. Revlon Colorstay Active is a bit thick and I use it like a coverstick. I can only wear liquid foundation. I've tried stick concealer and pressed foundation and both make my face feel very tight and dry. After all that I also recommend Revlon pressed powder. I swear by this Revlon line, the foundation stays on all day and looks great after hours of wear.

dominicansoul

i wear hardly any make-up.

i think it can lead some (not all) to become vain
i think Scripture does teach us in a way that it is not highly looked upon...(but again, it is an option, it depends on how a woman uses it...for seduction? for extreme vain purposes?)

but I also believe that if one needs it, one should wear it...in that case, it isn't really cosmetic, but necessity...

i just do not think that one should spend too much time anxious about the way one looks externally, but spend a great deal more time on their internal self...because we all know that beauty comes from within, no matter how you look physically...inner beauty shines through...

HisChildForever

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1840467' date='Apr 19 2009, 12:47 PM']i wear hardly any make-up.

i think it can lead some (not all) to become vain
i think Scripture does teach us in a way that it is not highly looked upon...(but again, it is an option, it depends on how a woman uses it...for seduction? for extreme vain purposes?)

but I also believe that if one needs it, one should wear it...in that case, it isn't really cosmetic, but necessity...

i just do not think that one should spend too much time anxious about the way one looks externally, but spend a great deal more time on their internal self...because we all know that beauty comes from within, no matter how you look physically...inner beauty shines through...[/quote]

I agree. I wear foundation and mascara. If working, I wear lip gloss. A lot of the ladies who work the Cosmetics counter at work [b]douse[/b] themselves in make-up, but at the same time they are selling the product and what better way than to model it on their own faces? Regardless, some girls I see at school wear a lot and I wonder why. You're going to class, you're not going to a big event or dance. I would be thinking about my make-up all day if I wore that much (worried it would be rubbing off etc.).

princessgianna

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840442' date='Apr 19 2009, 09:52 AM']I hate it when girls wear so much makeup that their faces look orange. Disgusting.[/quote]
Well yea that is what I am talking about

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1840497' date='Apr 19 2009, 01:03 PM']I agree. I wear foundation and mascara. If working, I wear lip gloss. A lot of the ladies who work the Cosmetics counter at work [b]douse[/b] themselves in make-up, but at the same time they are selling the product and what better way than to model it on their own faces? Regardless, some girls I see at school wear a lot and I wonder why. You're going to class, you're not going to a big event or dance. I would be thinking about my make-up all day if I wore that much (worried it would be rubbing off etc.).[/quote]

When I was in 7 grade, I played Volley ball the number one main concern of the other girls was if their make-up was "ok" or "good enough"!

That was ridiculous!