An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Epistles Of St. John

Resurrexi

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KnightofChrist

"And there are three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one."

BTW, the Comma was misquoted in the poll. The following is the quote from 1 John with the comma in parentheses:

"And there are three who give testimony (in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost. And these three are one. And there are three that give testimony on earth): the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7-8)

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1839564' date='Apr 18 2009, 08:32 AM']It is in our Canon. Plus, I think that is verse 8.[/quote]

It's all of verse 7 and the first part of verse 8, actually. And it's not in the Nova Vulgata (though it is in the Clementine Vulgate).

Edited by Resurrexi

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839751' date='Apr 18 2009, 03:22 PM']And it's not in the Nova Vulgata (though it is in the Clementine Vulgate).[/quote]

Wow, I never noticed that before! (Just looked it up.) Thank you!

Edited by abercius24

Guest donatecar

[quote name='abercius24' post='1851647' date='Apr 28 2009, 07:19 PM']Wow, I never noticed that before! (Just looked it up.) Thank you![/quote]

yes , i agree.

Groo the Wanderer

It did not appear in the Latin vulgate until the 4th century. It does not appear in any Greek manuscript until the 15th century.

It is not included in my Bible. RSV - 2nd CE