An Old School Catholic Message Board

United Air To Charge Obese Fliers Twice

Lil Red

[quote name='sweens8403' post='1842462' date='Apr 21 2009, 10:21 AM'][b]I'm curious what they would define as obese. [/b] Somebody who is 6'7" and weighs 300 lbs (136kg for you metric folks) shouldn't be considered obese because they're extremely tall. Conversely somebody who is 5'8" and weighs the same would be, there's nowhere else for that weight to go but sideways. So will they have some kind of height/weight scale or just start charging by the pound?

Hasn't this same arguement been used in the clothing industry? Skinny people use less fabric per garment and should be charged less, so on and so forth?[/quote]

If your folds of fat fall onto the seat next to you, you're obese?

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1842605' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:54 PM']If your folds of fat fall onto the seat next to you, you're obese?[/quote]

That is a little crude.

I think the test they use is it that person can sit in a sit with the armrests down without intruding on the seat next to them.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1842593' date='Apr 21 2009, 07:39 PM']According to that, I am too. 5'5(.5!) and like 150. However, I wear the same size clothes as my friends who weigh 110 pounds... (so not fair :mellow: :lol_roll: ) They don't really take into account muscle mass and body shape (for women) at all. <_<[/quote]
Or bone structure. It's really annoying.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1840533' date='Apr 19 2009, 02:13 PM']He never wanted the extra meal though. Can't imagine anyone wanting that.[/quote]
They still serve meals on airplanes? I haven't been served a meal since the first time I flew circa 1993. All they serve now is a snack.

[quote name='Era Might' post='1842647' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:43 PM']They still serve meals on airplanes? I haven't been served a meal since the first time I flew circa 1993. All they serve now is a snack.[/quote]

Midwest serves fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!! They're yummie!

Vincent Vega

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1842648' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:43 PM']would they get double the frequent flyer miles?[/quote]
I don't see why they wouldn't - they booked and payed for two separate tickets.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='StColette' post='1842651' date='Apr 21 2009, 03:46 PM']Midwest serves fresh baked Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!! They're yummie![/quote]
Enjoy 'em while you can - Midwest isn't among the healthier of the airlines today.
[url="http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2009/04/13/story11.html?b=1239595200^1809969"]http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...9595200^1809969[/url]
[quote]Midwest continues to fly nine Boeing 717s, down from 25 a year ago[/quote]