An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women In The Bible

HisChildForever

dominicansoul

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1837603' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:48 PM']This discussion is not "East" versus "West." Furthermore, we really should all be unified as Catholics and not pick each other to shreds over two different traditions. I do not appreciate the blatant insult against the Roman Rite.[/quote]

A.men!!!

[size=1](But to be honest, if heaven [i]is[/i] divided by Eastern rite and Roman rite, you can bet Jesus is hanging out in the Roman rite side!!!) :lol:[/size]

HisChildForever

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1837605' date='Apr 16 2009, 05:50 PM']It wasn't an insult it was a comment.
Appy I was taught that when I was little, but never heard it referred to since then in any teaching on the Mass.[/quote]

Stating that the Roman Rite no longer believes in the presence of the angels during Mass is an insult.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1837612' date='Apr 16 2009, 03:56 PM']Stating that the Roman Rite no longer believes in the presence of the angels during Mass is an insult.[/quote]
You left out the word "modern" in your post. At every Extraordinary Form Mass that I have attended the women (and girls) wore head coverings.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1837605' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:50 PM']It wasn't an insult it was a comment.
Appy I was taught that when I was little, but never heard it referred to since then in any teaching on the Mass.[/quote]

I was taught that as well.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1837614' date='Apr 16 2009, 05:59 PM']You left out the word "modern" in your post. At every Extraordinary Form Mass that I have attended the women (and girls) wore head coverings.[/quote]

I was unaware that the Church could ever be called "modern." She is eternal.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1837620' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:04 PM']I was unaware that the Church could ever be called "modern." She is eternal.[/quote]
Whether people like it or not what is called the Ordinary Form of the Roman Missal was issued in 1969, and that is pretty modern.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1837629' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:14 PM']Whether people like it or not what is called the Ordinary Form of the Roman Missal was issued in 1969, and that is pretty modern.[/quote]

So you are saying that since Vatican II, the Roman Rite no longer believes in angels being present at the Mass? Are you against Vatican II or something?

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1837635' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:19 PM']So you are saying that since Vatican II, the Roman Rite no longer believes in angels being present at the Mass? Are you against Vatican II or something?[/quote]
I have not said anything like that, but you bring up a good point.

It is a divinely revealed truth that women are to wear a head covering during the liturgy because the holy angels are present.

Why then do women who attend liturgies according to the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite no longer wear a head covering? Are the angels not present at that form of liturgical celebration?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1837642' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:23 PM']I have not said anything like that, but you bring up a good point.

It is a divinely revealed truth that women are to wear a head covering during the liturgy because the holy angels are present.

Why then do women who attend liturgies according to the Ordinary Form of the Roman Rite no longer wear a head covering? Are the angels not present at that form of liturgical celebration?[/quote]

This is perfectly explained in the other thread. However, since you are so knowledgeable, I would like to hear what your opinions are regarding the topic of this thread. I just find it interesting that many focus on head coverings to be mandatory because they are mentioned in the Bible, and yet many things mentioned in the Bible which were once custom and tradition are no longer mandatory. Thoughts?

[quote]1 Timothy 2:11-15:"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent..." (NIV) Some Biblical scholars believe that woman and man should be replaced by wife and husband in the above passage. This would mean that the passage would not refer to women teaching men in the church, but rather wives teaching their husbands within the home.[/quote]
[url="http://www.religioustolerance.org/nfe_bibl.htm"]http://www.religioustolerance.org/nfe_bibl.htm[/url]

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1837651' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:30 PM']This is perfectly explained in the other thread.[/quote]
I haven't seen it "perfectly explained"; instead, I have seen people bring up the Latin Church's [u]Code of Canon Law[/u], which was never universally binding upon the whole Church (i.e., 22 [i]sui juris[/i] Catholic Churches never followed it as a norm), while ignoring the revealed truth found in 1 Corinthians.

St. Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, says that women are to wear head coverings because the holy angels are present at the liturgy, are the holy angels present at the Ordinary Form celebrations of the Roman Rite or not? And if they are present, why are women dishonoring their heads by not wearing coverings in the presence of the holy angels?

Edited by Apotheoun

Well let's try not to take arguments from one thread to another. HCF, Lilllabettt is my sister, I'll let her know you'd like her to try to address some of the other scriptures you posted :)

HisChildForever

I am sorry to have made reference to the head covering thread. I am not about to have this become Part 2.

If anyone has any knowledge concerning the passages I have posted, please feel free to contribute.

Edited by HisChildForever

HisChildForever

[quote name='Maggie' post='1837664' date='Apr 16 2009, 06:39 PM']Well let's try not to take arguments from one thread to another. HCF, Lilllabettt is my sister, I'll let her know you'd like her to try to address some of the other scriptures you posted :)[/quote]

Thank you.

dominicansoul

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1837654' date='Apr 16 2009, 05:33 PM']I haven't seen it "perfectly explained"; instead, I have seen people bring up the Latin Church's [u]Code of Canon Law[/u], which was never universally binding upon the whole Church (i.e., 22 [i]sui juris[/i] Catholic Churches never followed it as a norm), while ignoring the revealed truth found in 1 Corinthians.

St. Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, says that women are to wear head coverings because the holy angels are present at the liturgy, are the holy angels present at the Ordinary Form celebrations of the Roman Rite or not? And if they are present, why are women dishonoring their heads by not wearing coverings in the presence of the holy angels?[/quote]
the only people being dishonored by women not wearing veils are people who live by the letter of the law, people like you, who have no respect for others and where they are in their journey with God.

we can't all be omniscient like you, apo. nor or most people as well-educated and refined in their thoughts about the Church or God...
:saint:
St. Paul also mentions single people should not marry and instead be anxious on the things of the Lord. I wish you can see how Eastern Rite priests violate this opinion of St. Paul by taking a wife. Who wants a minister who won't be concentrating only on God, but has to worry about their wives and children??

You see, your logic can work against you, too....you can keep repeating and repeating your points, but mine have value and make more sense...I may not know all the big words you use, but I sure know the heart of the law and it makes more sense to be charitable in your dealings with your neighbors rather than impugn on them a heavier yoke...

I'm not sure how this topic got started on this here thread, but I'm leaving before you call me a gnostic again! :lol: