An Old School Catholic Message Board

Could A Pope Become An Antichrist ?

goldenchild17

I agree with Aloy. I'm not sure if sedevacantism is a topic you'd be particularly interested in right yet. It's a lot to digest. You're probably more interested in end-times speculations which anybody can read about regardless of the sede philosophy. I don't recommend looking much into sedevacantism until you are more convinced of the truth of Roman Catholicism and the true power of the Papacy. Without a firm belief in the pope and his holding the key it would be too dangerous to get into anything further.

That said, if you still want to talk about anything, I'm game.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840334' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:22 AM']I agree with Aloy. I'm not sure if sedevacantism is a topic you'd be particularly interested in right yet. It's a lot to digest. You're probably more interested in end-times speculations which anybody can read about regardless of the sede philosophy. I don't recommend looking much into sedevacantism until you are more convinced of the truth of Roman Catholicism and the true power of the Papacy. Without a firm belief in the pope and his holding the key it would be too dangerous to get into anything further.

That said, if you still want to talk about anything, I'm game.[/quote]

Ya that is what I sorta am haveing trouble with, the infallibity of the pope.
Opposed to the Eastern Orthadox who say the pope isn't infallible.
But I do as of now submitt to the pope and consider myself catholic.
Although i'm sure many will think of me otherwise.
Oh well.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840333' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:21 AM']I have had this argument way to many times here but I'll go at again. lol

So you are inferring that most christians who dont call themslelves catholic are not going to be saved ?[/quote]

No-one who dies in mortal sin goes to heaven.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840338' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:24 AM']No-one who dies in mortal sin goes to heaven.[/quote]

Alright well there are tons of christians who are good people and love the lord who will go to heaven. I wouldnt say that most of them wont but that is just my opinon. God knows someones heart and he isnt just a big rulebook.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840334' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:22 AM']I agree with Aloy. I'm not sure if sedevacantism is a topic you'd be particularly interested in right yet. It's a lot to digest. You're probably more interested in end-times speculations which anybody can read about regardless of the sede philosophy. I don't recommend looking much into sedevacantism until you are more convinced of the truth of Roman Catholicism and the true power of the Papacy. Without a firm belief in the pope and his holding the key it would be too dangerous to get into anything further.

That said, if you still want to talk about anything, I'm game.[/quote]

I honestly don't know [i]how[/i] sedevacantists believe what they believe. If I believed what you believed, I would become Eastern Orthodox without hesitation.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840339' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:26 AM']Alright well there are tons of christians who are good people and love the lord who will go to heaven. I wouldnt say that most of them wont but that is just my opinon. God knows someones heart and he isnt just a big rulebook.[/quote]

"If you love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15)
"He that heareth you, heareth me." (Luke 10:16)

Anyone who truly loves Christ will belong to His Church unless that person is invincibly ignorant.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840336' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:24 AM']Ya that is what I sorta am haveing trouble with, the infallibity of the pope.
Opposed to the Eastern Orthadox who say the pope isn't infallible.
But I do as of now submitt to the pope and consider myself catholic.
Although i'm sure many will think of me otherwise.
Oh well.[/quote]

well we can discuss the infallibility of the pope, or the various end-times theories that come from Catholic sources or just whatever. But yeah I would stay away from my philosophy until you understand a little bit better the reasoning for why we believe the Pope is infallible and the proofs for it.

And don't worry what other ppl think. Just keep searching and you'll get the answers, as long as you stay humble, pray and are open to it.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840340' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:26 AM']I honestly don't know [i]how[/i] sedevacantists believe what they believe. If I believed what you believed, I would become Eastern Orthodox without hesitation.[/quote]

to each his own. I can't accept E Orthodox because I believe in the authority of the pope and his infallibility.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840342' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:32 AM']"If you love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15)
"He that heareth you, heareth me." (Luke 10:16)

Anyone who truly loves Christ will belong to His Church unless that person is invincibly ignorant.[/quote]

"The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." - Catechism of the Catholic Church, 838

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840343' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:32 AM']well we can discuss the infallibility of the pope, or the various end-times theories that come from Catholic sources or just whatever. But yeah I would stay away from my philosophy until you understand a little bit better the reasoning for why we believe the Pope is infallible and the proofs for it.

And don't worry what other ppl think. Just keep searching and you'll get the answers, as long as you stay humble, pray and are open to it.[/quote]

Ya for sure. I'll be in touch in the next day or 2.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840344' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:34 AM']to each his own. I can't accept E Orthodox because I believe in the authority of the pope and his infallibility.[/quote]

I could never accept Eastern Orthodoxy either because of the same reasons. But if I believed what you believed, I would think that one of the dogmas defined by Vatican I (the perpetuity of the successors of St. Peter) had been proven false.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840345' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:34 AM']"The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." - Catechism of the Catholic Church, 838[/quote]

How did I deny any of this?

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840348' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:40 AM']How did I deny any of this?[/quote]

Unless I missread your post I thought you said most aren't ignorant.
So you're inferring most would go to hell which I dont agree with.
Just my 2 cents though.

Edited by Guest

goldenchild17

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840347' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:39 AM']I could never accept Eastern Orthodoxy either because of the same reasons. But if I believed what you believed, I would think that one of the dogmas defined by Vatican I (the perpetuity of the successors of St. Peter) had been proven false.[/quote]

Understood, though there is no reason to fear such an outcome. The lineage of popes will never break until the end. peace

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840349' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:43 AM']Unless I missread your post I thought you said most aren't ignorant.
So you're inferring most would go to hell which I dont agree with.
Just my 2 cents though.[/quote]

The quote from the Catechism had nothing to do with invincible ignorance or hell. It had to do with imperfect communion.

Edited by Resurrexi