An Old School Catholic Message Board

Could A Pope Become An Antichrist ?

goldenchild17

fair enough. again I see another option and I think it could be argued that Ferrer became a sedevacantist for a time even, (and btw, no one - without exception - has the authority to officially judge a pope to be in error)ff but I won't pursue it any further.

p.s. that said, you are more than welcome to join any email discuss DB wants to have. Just let me know and I'll copy your email to the notes.

p.p.s. its been fun but I think it's time I stopped running my fingers.

Edited by goldenchild17

I just went to one of these antipope sites that is attacking vatican 2 and I think its croutons.
Esspially the part how all christians who dont call themselves catholic are going to hell.
Thats dumb.

goldenchild17

most of those type of sites you come across will be croutons. I only recommend one or two myself. But yes, I do believe that bit, in its essence anyways. There are always exceptions to the rule.

I recommend not bothering with the tangent of sedevacantism. :cyclops:

it leads to a very narrow world... one that golden himself doesn't even recommend but only ascribes to himself because he can't be convinced out of it.

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1840324' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:05 AM']I recommend not bothering with the tangent of sedevacantism. :cyclops:

it leads to a very narrow world... one that golden himself doesn't even recommend but only ascribes to himself because he can't be convinced out of it.[/quote]

Main Entry: 1tan·gent
Pronunciation: \ˈtan-jənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin tangent-, tangens, present participle of tangere to touch; perhaps akin to Old English thaccian to touch gently, stroke
Date: 1594
1 a: meeting a curve or surface in a single point if a sufficiently small interval is considered <straight line tangent to a curve> b (1): having a common tangent line at a point <tangent curves> (2): having a common tangent plane at a point <tangent surfaces>
2: diverging from an original purpose or course : irrelevant <tangent remarks>

lol i had to look that one up.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840318' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:58 AM']Esspially the part how all christians who dont call themselves catholic are going to hell.[/quote]

"Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it." (Second Vatican Council, [i]Lumen Gentium[/i] 14)

Edited by Resurrexi

Ya im talking about sincere christains who dont call themselves cathoic though.
But point taken. :smokey:

Edited by Guest

What I did learn so far though in this thread is that antipopes are coming. Interesting stuff.
I'm wondering if in the next 30 years we will see satan offically on earth ?
hmmmmm

Edited by Guest

I like this theory from Aloysius :

I think it likely that an antipope could be set up. but I don't know, I could also see the anti-Christ being some type of worldly/secular leader... a president of the USA or of the European Union, or even of the United Nations with it growing in power to actually exert true governmental powers universal over and above all governments of the world. perhaps the antipope is a false prophet who leads many even of the faithful to support this one world government mutated out of the UN and the ultimate leader of that UN becomes pretty much the first emperor of the whole world... it would seem fitting that somebody finally accomplishes being emperor of the whole world after all the previous archetypes of the anti-Christs through history have approximated that imperfectly from Nero to Napoleon to Hitler.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840327' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:10 AM']Ya im talking about sincere christains who dont call themselves cathoic though.
But point taken. :smokey:[/quote]

Most Christians do not who call themselves Catholic today probably wouldn't fall under the category of "invincibly ignorant", at least as that concept has been traditionally understood.

[font="Arial Black"]And [the Antichrist] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save [except] he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev 13:16-18[/font]

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840330' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:18 AM']Most Christians do not who call themselves Catholic today probably wouldn't fall under the category of "invincibly ignorant", at least as that concept has been traditionally understood.[/quote]

I have had this argument way to many times here but I'll go at again. lol

So you are inferring that most christians who dont call themslelves catholic are not going to be saved ?