An Old School Catholic Message Board

Could A Pope Become An Antichrist ?

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1837064' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:45 AM']ok so what if when the antichrist comes (which it seems alot of catholics dont think is goig to happen) and he performs miracles and claims to be Christ and wants to unite all the religions, what happens if an evil pope goes along with this and tells catholics and the world this is ok ?
am i to follow even though i know the antichrist comes first at the 6th trump and the Lord Jesus Christ doesnt come to the 7th trump ?[/quote]

You have to have faith in the words of Christ to the Apostles:

"For it will not be you who speak but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." -Matthew 10:20

"For the holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say." - Luke 12:12

Our Lord promised to be with his church until the end of time and to guide Peter and, in turn, his successors.

The Holy Father will never do anything in regards to faith and morals that is inaccurate or wrong, as he is led by the Holy Spirit. He is the Vicar of Christ. You just have to trust in Christ on this one and in His words.

[quote]again this is just a senerio although im really confused with popes calling for a new world order and all the faiths coming together. and then on top of that when i hear alot of catholics say there is no antichrist coming and it already happend and is over with, it really makes me wonder what is going on ?[/quote]

All the faiths coming together: [u]coming home to the church[/u]: the one, true flock which will never be led astray as the Holy Spirit is its guide.

nothing is going on. trust in Christ and pray for our holy father. :)

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1837073' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:58 AM']this is the website it is on [mod]Link removed. --Era Might[/mod][/quote]

That website will probably be deleted off of phatmass just because it leads to a conspiracy website filled with heresy and anti-Catholic propaganda.

Why do you keep going to anti-Catholic websites and looking for stuff?

Pray. Trust in Christ's words. Stop visiting conspiracy anti-Catholic websites. :lol:

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1837072' date='Apr 16 2009, 01:58 AM']You have to have faith in the words of Christ to the Apostles:

"For it will not be you who speak but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." -Matthew 10:20

"For the holy Spirit will teach you at that moment what you should say." - Luke 12:12

Our Lord promised to be with his church until the end of time and to guide Peter and, in turn, his successors.

The Holy Father will never do anything in regards to faith and morals that is inaccurate or wrong, as he is led by the Holy Spirit. He is the Vicar of Christ. You just have to trust in Christ on this one and in His words.

All the faiths coming together: [u]coming home to the church[/u]: the one, true flock which will never be led astray as the Holy Spirit is its guide.

nothing is going on. trust in Christ and pray for our holy father. :)[/quote]

Again Godbless and thanks for your replies.

So we as catholics and the church fathers and popes believe and teach the antichirst is coming before Jesus Christ right ? As in the antichirst who will perform signs and wonders and even make fire come down from heaven and even decieve the ellect if that were possible ?

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1837077' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:01 AM']That website will probably be deleted off of phatmass just because it leads to a conspiracy website filled with heresy and anti-Catholic propaganda.

Why do you keep going to anti-Catholic websites and looking for stuff?

Pray. Trust in Christ's words. Stop visiting conspiracy anti-Catholic websites. :lol:[/quote]

Because im starting to find some of the stuff about the popes very troubling and the quotes to go along with it.

Follow and obey the pope even if it was satan himself ?

What ?

Then learning that the orthadox church goes back to Christ time to and doesnt submit to the pope or his authority has me questioning things further.

I want to make sure I am in a church that God wants me to be in. I dont want to be part of no deception or be responsible for trying to lead people into deception by telling them to become Roman Catholic if indeed that is not Gods will.

Im confused and probally being attacked by satan but I dont know.

Edited by Guest

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1837079' date='Apr 16 2009, 03:03 AM']Again Godbless and thanks for your replies.

So we as catholics and the church fathers and popes believe and teach the antichirst is coming before Jesus Christ right ? As in the antichirst who will perform signs and wonders and even make fire come down from heaven and even decieve the ellect if that were possible ?[/quote]

Honestly, I am not the one to ask.

You're probably not going to find the Orthodox terribly biblical either. They allow divorce of a consummated sacramental marriage.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1837084' date='Apr 16 2009, 03:08 AM']Because im starting to find some of the stuff about the popes very troubling and the quotes to go along with it.

Follow and obey the pope even if it was satan himself ?

What ?

Then learning that the orthadox church goes back to Christ time to and doesnt submit to the pope or his authority has me questioning things further.

I want to make sure I am in a church that God wants me to be in. I dont want to be part of no deception or be responsible for trying to lead people into deception by telling them to become Roman Catholic if indeed that is not Gods will.

Im confused and probally being attacked by satan but I dont know.[/quote]

Well, if you are interested in the Orthodox faith then you still don't need to be going to hard-core evangelical anti-Catholic websites because the Orthodox is going to disagree with them as well.

2. The Orthodox Church can be traced back to Christ, but it is disobedient to Scripture. Christ gave the key of heaven to Peter and made him his vicar. He has authority. The church is built upon him. You would be going down the wrong road to contemplate going out of communion with the church. Plus, you would get a not-so-fun don't rep pope. Not good. :ohno:

I think you are being attacked by Satan. Prayers for you. Don't go to those sites anymore and research apologetics on why Peter is the Vicar of Christ. Learn to defend yourself against these wild claims against the papacy. www.scripturecatholic.com

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

Vatican I and II teach that the Papacy is the primary source of unity Christ gave to all Christians. The First and Second Epistles of John clearly state that the anti-Christ will be a source of disunity in the Church -- in fact he boldly states that ecclesial disunity is the spirit of the anti-Christ. The Papacy cannot both be a source of unity and disunity, so the answer would be NO, the Pope cannot be the anti-Christ.

I have heard, though, various prophecies from saints stating that a false Pope may someday be the anti-Christ, which is consistent with Matthew 24:

[quote name='Matthew 24:14-16 - NAB']14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come.
15 "When you see the desolating abomination spoken of through Daniel the prophet standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
16 then those in Judea must flee to the mountains[/quote]

Edited by abercius24

[quote name='abercius24' post='1837095' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:25 AM']Vatican I and II teach that the Papacy is the primary source of unity Christ gave to all Christians. The First and Second Epistles of John clearly state that the anti-Christ will be a source of disunity in the Church -- in fact he boldly states that ecclesial disunity is the spirit of the anti-Christ. The Papacy cannot both be a source of unity and disunity, so the answer would be NO, the Pope cannot be the anti-Christ.

I have heard, though, various prophecies from saints stating that a false Pope may someday be the anti-Christ, which is consistent with Matthew 24:[/quote]

thanks for the reply abercius. Godbless.

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1837088' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:14 AM']www.scripturecatholic.com[/quote]

thanks checking it out now.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1837102' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:54 AM'][url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01582a.htm"]http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01582a.htm[/url][/quote]

thank you pham also looking at this right now.
thanks again.