An Old School Catholic Message Board

Could A Pope Become An Antichrist ?

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840350' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:43 AM']Understood, though there is no reason to fear such an outcome. The lineage of popes will never break until the end. peace[/quote]

I take it that you have some interesting theories about the near or even not-so-near future of the Church?

GoldenChild I love how you keep acting like your gonna leave. haahhaahhahahaah

imi the say way :smokey:

Edited by Guest

goldenchild17

I don't know how things will play out. Honestly, thinking about it makes my head spin a little which is why I've been dedicating myself to writing mostly just fiction lately to take a break from all that. But I think ecclesiastical laws and whatnot provide for a way for things to work itself out and I believe they will. We could be in the end-times who knows? And the antichrist could be not too far off. But I think we will enter a golden age where Mary will reign and for that to happen I think the papacy and the church needs to return to glory in the world and I think it will.

Edited by goldenchild17

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840352' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:47 AM']I probally dont undersand what you are saying then.
Nevermind.[/quote]

I was saying that "whoever wishes to be saved must, first of all, hold the Catholic faith". The fact that Protestants have partial communion with the Church doesn't magically dispel the culpable ignorance or lack of ignorance that some of them have.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840355' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:51 AM']GoldenChild I love how you keep acting like your gonna leave. haahhaahhahahaah

imi the say way :smokey:[/quote]

dude I know. It's crazy I need to just shut up hah

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840356' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:53 AM']I don't really think we are in the end-times any more than when St. John said we were.[/quote]

That is very interesting and I hope that it is true !

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840358' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:54 AM']dude I know. It's crazy I need to just shut up hah[/quote]

na what fun is that.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840357' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:54 AM']I was saying that "whoever wishes to be saved must, first of all, hold the Catholic faith". The fact that Protestants have partial communion with the Church doesn't magically dispel the culpable ignorance or lack of ignorance that some of them have.[/quote]

Ya I feel ya and there some hatefull protestants to. I was more going towards the christain who is filled with joy and walks in love and really loves the lord.

but

I see what you are saying though without a doubt.

Edited by Guest

goldenchild17

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1840359' date='Apr 19 2009, 05:56 AM']That is very interesting and I hope that it is true ![/quote]

I edited that post... I'm not sure if we are or aren't. But I don't think that means the end of the Church. I think, after reading various prophecies, that there will be a time where Satan reigns supreme using the anti-Christ to cause havoc on earth and there will be an anti-pope in power to help him. I think this time could be not too far off, but maybe it is I dunno. Regardless, after this time of heresy Mary will reign and the Church will return to its glory and place of respect on earth until the end of time.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1840363' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:00 AM']I edited that post... I'm not sure if we are or aren't. But I don't think that means the end of the Church. I think, after reading various prophecies, that there will be a time where Satan reigns supreme using the anti-Christ to cause havoc on earth and there will be an anti-pope in power to help him. I think this time could be not too far off, but maybe it is I dunno. Regardless, after this time of heresy Mary will reign and the Church will return to its glory and place of respect on earth until the end of time.[/quote]

From my understanding when the antichrist (satan in the flesh) comes to the earth at the 6th trump and isssues the mark of the beast, that after that Jesus Christ comes and we go into eternity.

I don't think that it is possible for Satan to be made flesh as Christ was. Usually when people speak of "the devil incarnate" it's a hyperbolic metaphor.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1840365' date='Apr 19 2009, 06:03 AM']I don't think that it is possible for Satan to be made flesh as Christ was. Usually when people speak of "the devil incarnate" it's a hyperbolic metaphor.[/quote]

Dont the bible say when the antichrist comes it will be satan in the flesh ? And he will permorm miracles even making fire come down from heaven ?