An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Death Of Historical Jesus - Remembered (again)

reyb

I would say one of the most conclusive proofs that the Christ of Christianity is the historical Jesus is that nearly all of the twelve apostles died for their faith in the Risen God-Man. I don't know too many people willing to die for something they made up.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839506' date='Apr 18 2009, 02:28 AM']I would say one of the most conclusive proofs that the Christ of Christianity is the historical Jesus is that nearly all of the twelve apostles died for their faith in the Risen God-Man. I don't know too many people willing to die for something they made up.[/quote]

beautiful point.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839506' date='Apr 18 2009, 03:28 AM']I would say one of the most conclusive proofs that the Christ of Christianity is the historical Jesus is that nearly all of the twelve apostles died for their faith in the Risen God-Man. I don't know too many people willing to die for something they made up.[/quote]

the only thing i would disagree on is that the preaching of another jesus today is not of a made up jesus per say. but of a jesus who doesnt address sin, doesnt tell you take your cross up, doesnt tell you to eat his flesh and drink his blood, and the only thing he does seem to tell you is to get rich and get ready to be raptured away.

Edited by Guest

Basically if you believe that the Church invented the Catholic understanding of Jesus, you probably also hold that the Apostles were liars. If, however, I were going to invent the story of Jesus' life, I sure would have done a better job than the Apostles at getting my story straight. If you haven't noticed, there are many apparent contradictions between the gospels (note my use of the word [i]apparent[/i].)

Edited by Resurrexi

I'd rather not. It's best not to worry about them. When you do, you get distracted from the big picture. And I'm going to reiterate what another poster said: do not type "gospel inconsistencies" into google.

Edited by Resurrexi

from the one way i take rey b is saying that the catholic church is preaching another jesus. he is saying that the jesus the church preaches is not the jesus "christains" preach. so hes accusing like everyone else that the catholic church is teaching a false gospel and false christ.

although the scripture i quoted from paul says those guilty of preaching a false jesus are super apostles. he says they masquarde as angels of light althought hey are really devils. to me that lines up with all the rapture christianity and the new age christianity. he also says those superpreachers will be found guilty in a final conflict at the end times. hmm

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839522' date='Apr 18 2009, 03:43 AM']I'd rather not. It's best not to worry about them. When you do, you get distracted from the big picture. And I'm going to reiterate what another poster said: do not type "gospel inconsistencies" into google.[/quote]

lol but i want to so badddddddddddddd

jk

I didn't read the original post. I just know that usually when people talk about the "historical Jesus" they are usually referring to a man whom they believe was not born of a virgin and did not rise from the dead.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1839479' date='Apr 18 2009, 02:35 AM']Actually there is in the sence Apostle Paul warns of a final conflict where superpreachers (he describes them as preachers who will not preach without a charge) will preach another Jesus and followers will aceept a different gospel and a different spirit.[/quote]

Which only means that these so-called preachers are going to distort the Gospel message to their liking. This is not dissimilar to Catholics who call themselves Catholics but do not adhere to the faith, supporting abortion and contraception (among others).

HisChildForever

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1839523' date='Apr 18 2009, 03:44 AM']from the one way i take rey b is saying that the catholic church is preaching another jesus. he is saying that the jesus the church preaches is not the jesus "christains" preach. so hes accusing like everyone else that the catholic church is teaching a false gospel and false christ.

although the scripture i quoted from paul says those guilty of preaching a false jesus are super apostles. he says they masquarde as angels of light althought hey are really devils. to me that lines up with all the rapture christianity and the new age christianity. he also says those superpreachers will be found guilty in a final conflict at the end times. hmm[/quote]

Rey continuously attempts to disprove Catholicism but, as you should come to notice, never explains what Christ [i]he[/i] is "preaching" nor does he offer any support of his [i]personal[/i] belief (whatever that belief is).

Please stop driving yourself crazy over the rapture and "new age" Christianity.

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1839506' date='Apr 18 2009, 04:28 AM']I would say one of the most conclusive proofs that the Christ of Christianity is the historical Jesus is that nearly all of the twelve apostles died for their faith in the Risen God-Man. I don't know too many people willing to die for something they made up.[/quote]100% agreed. To think they were promoting some myth they made up is madness.