An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Death Of Historical Jesus - Remembered (again)

reyb

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='reyb' post='1835159' date='Apr 14 2009, 12:06 PM'][indent]What I am supposed to say? Nevertheless, I am still hoping that someday, you (each and every one who are here) will learn to love us. Thank you for inviting me here.

And this is the sign of my love to all of you - I know I will be condemned by many but still I have to tell you - Jesus Christ is not the historical Jesus. Seek him and you will find him and then you will realize I am not lying.

Your brother,

Rey Baltazar C. Tolentino[/indent][/quote]
I am not condemning you OR asking you to leave, simply come up some better arguments. We have sought Him and found Him, the Light of Salvation to ALL peoples.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1835179' date='Apr 14 2009, 10:49 AM']I am not condemning you OR asking you to leave, simply come up some better arguments. We have sought Him and found Him, the Light of Salvation to ALL peoples.[/quote]

[indent]Thank you. Next time, I will try my best to present clearer arguments. [/indent]

[quote name='reyb' post='1835159' date='Apr 14 2009, 11:06 AM'][indent]What I am supposed to say? Nevertheless, I am still hoping that someday, you (each and every one who are here) will learn to love us. Thank you for inviting me here.

And this is the sign of my love to all of you - I know I will be condemned by many but still I have to tell you - Jesus Christ is not the historical Jesus. Seek him and you will find him and then you will realize I am not lying.

Your brother,

Rey Baltazar C. Tolentino[/indent][/quote]

rey b what's up phamily ?

i'll bite.

who is the historical Jesus you talk about ?

I assume you are saying the Jesus of the catholic church is not the real Jesus ?

What do you have to back this ?

I would argue to you that the "im going to rapture you away Jesus" is not the real Jesus Christ.

Godbless,

Josh

Edited by Guest

This is the verse Ray B is using to fuel this topic.

In chapter 11 in Corinthians Paul says " For if someone comes and preaches another Jesus then the one we preached, or if you recieve a different spirit from the one you recieved or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it well enough. "

Paul is talking about superpreachers and how these superpreachers will not preach without a charge. He also indicates these false apostles of Christ will be involved in a final conflict at the end of times.
Now if you ask me this sounds alot like the superpreachers who are making a bunch of money in these mega churches talking about Jesus is going to rapture them away before the antichrist.
They are in fact preaching a different Jesus and different gospel just as Paul warned.
Now we must wait and see if this is the final conflict Paul is talking about.

Peace,

Josh

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1836591' date='Apr 15 2009, 07:53 PM']This is the verse Ray B is using to fuel this topic.

In chapter 11 in Corinthians Paul says " For if someone comes and preaches another Jesus then the one we preached, or if you recieve a different spirit from the one you recieved or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it well enough. "

Paul is talking about superpreachers and how these superpreachers will not preach without a charge. He also indicates these false apostles of Christ will be involved in a final conflict at the end of times.
Now if you ask me this sounds alot like the superpreachers who are making a bunch of money in these mega churches talking about Jesus is going to rapture them away before the antichrist.
They are in fact preaching a different Jesus and different gospel just as Paul warned.
Now we must wait and see if this is the final conflict Paul is talking about.

Peace,

Josh[/quote]

[indent][post="1576072"]As I have said before, it won’t work[/post]. You are simply saying false preachers and true preachers are preaching the same Jesus Christ. While Apostle Paul clearly imply ‘other Jesus and not the Jesus they preach’.

Let me put it this way, false preachers are preaching false Christ while true preachers must preach the true Christ. And true Christ is not false Christ.

Now, in your analysis, it seems false preachers and true preachers are pointing to one and the same Jesus Christ – the historical Jesus or your Jesus of faith. [/indent]

HisChildForever

If there is more than one Jesus (an absolutely ludicrous idea), what makes you think you follow the right "version."

Apparently, our friend Reyb thinks we've been worshiping the wrong Jesus for around 2000 years. But apparently now, he's found the right dude, and wants to set us all straight . . . or something like that.

:unsure:

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1839070' date='Apr 17 2009, 08:28 PM']If there is more than one Jesus (an absolutely ludicrous idea), what makes you think you follow the right "version."[/quote]

[indent]We all know, believe and accept, there are no other Christ but one. (as it is written …one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God, ….etc see Eph 4:6). But, historical Jesus is just an ‘interpretation’ of the real one. There is no historical Jesus at all.

How do I know I am in the right one? If I say I am witness of the true Christ, will anyone believe me? This is the reason why I insist for all you to seek for Him. Try to rationalize your belief and then you will see the Truth. After that you can judge me if I am wrong.
[/indent]

Edited by reyb

HisChildForever

[quote name='Socrates' post='1839125' date='Apr 17 2009, 09:49 PM']Apparently, our friend Reyb thinks we've been worshiping the wrong Jesus for around 2000 years. But apparently now, he's found the right dude, and wants to set us all straight . . . or something like that.

:unsure:[/quote]

Yeah, and he never exactly says who the "right" Jesus is.

Bubblicious

[quote name='Winchester' post='1836597' date='Apr 15 2009, 07:56 PM']Isn't Historical Jesus a Depeche Mode song?[/quote]

Hey, Winchester!

That'd be [url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4718254690005800677"]Personal Jesus[/url] or the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcNiD0Z3MU"]cover [/url]from the late great Johnny Cash.

Nice to meet you, by the way!

[quote name='reyb' post='1839051' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:08 PM'][indent][post="1576072"]As I have said before, it won’t work[/post]. You are simply saying false preachers and true preachers are preaching the same Jesus Christ. While Apostle Paul clearly imply ‘other Jesus and not the Jesus they preach’.

Let me put it this way, false preachers are preaching false Christ while true preachers must preach the true Christ. And true Christ is not false Christ.

Now, in your analysis, it seems false preachers and true preachers are pointing to one and the same Jesus Christ – the historical Jesus or your Jesus of faith. [/indent][/quote]

rey b
peace to you pham

im saying quite the opposite.
reread my post.
im accusing the false preachers of preaching a false jesus.
they are not preaching the jesus of the catholic church that told them to take up their cross.
or the Jesus that told them to eat his flesh and drink his blood.
or the Jesus that said whoever loves his life will lose it but whoever hates his life will gain it.
they are teaching a Jesus that doesnt address sin and who is going to rapture them away before the tribulation.
This is the false Jesus and the superpreacehrs are guilty of this.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1839070' date='Apr 17 2009, 07:28 PM']If there is more than one Jesus (an absolutely ludicrous idea), what makes you think you follow the right "version."[/quote]

Actually there is in the sence Apostle Paul warns of a final conflict where superpreachers (he describes them as preachers who will not preach without a charge) will preach another Jesus and followers will aceept a different gospel and a different spirit.

He says those involved will be part of a final conflict. He calles them devils and says for it is no wonder for even satan masquardes as angel of light. Look at the gospel the mega churches are precahing right now. They are preaching a different Jesus then the one that Paul preached. Now I dont think it has gotton that bad yet. It is going to get alot worse in the days ahead. But clearly a superpreacher who teaches Jesus is going to come fly them away before the tribulation is preaching a different gospel and a different Christ then the one the apostle paul preached and the catholic church.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." (2Corinthians 11:3-4).