An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would Islam be more effective in fighting AIDS

bonkers

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1811361' date='Mar 19 2009, 01:31 AM']Being a convert to Catholicism, I can assure you that I am "free-er" then I ever was when I was living a little pagan lifestyle ;)[/quote]
Ditto, only I was not a pagan, I was a Methodist.

Sinful acts are not a proper use of freedom, for as Christ said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, every one who commits sin is a slave to sin." Freedom, according to the tradition of the Church, is the ability to do what one ought to do, i.e., it is the power to be moral.

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1811361' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:31 AM']I believe it has something to do with um... Christianity being the truth. :D

Being a convert to Catholicism, I can assure you that I am "free-er" then I ever was when I was living a little pagan lifestyle ;)[/quote]

Isn't it ironic that I feel "free-er" than I ever was when I was Catholic. It's just perpcetion isn't it? You feel freed and liberated by the truth, as do I.. we just happen to believe very differently.

KnightofChrist

Well I don't know, many atheist seem to be bitter people, including you bonkers, just saying. On the web they often come to Christian website show that bitterness, bitterness doesn't seem very free. Why they actually come to Christian websites is something that makes me think, do they deep down question their faith in the no god and seek the happiness that Christians have, or do they come to vindicate their faith to try and rid themselves of that doubt in the no god.

[quote name='bonkers' post='1810554' date='Mar 18 2009, 11:24 AM']My opinion is that if the church and secular groups truly give a stuff about reducing AIDS they should work together to roll out the ABC program in every AIDS affected country in Africa, but of course this involves making compromises and neither side is prepared to do this hence why little progress is being made and millions of people are dying every year.[/quote]

I don't have much room to speak here. After all I am mearly the top Cleric of secret Islam, the secret muslim world's greatest Sultan, and an avid ping ponger, but I think this makes a great deal of sense

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1811684' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:17 PM']Well I don't know, many atheist seem to be bitter people, including you bonkers, just saying.[/quote]

I can think of one or two bitter Christians.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1811713' date='Mar 19 2009, 11:54 AM']I can think of one or two bitter Christians.[/quote]
So can I. I don't think he was by any means excluding Christians from the possibility of being bitter.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1811713' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:54 PM']I can think of one or two bitter Christians.[/quote]

So I can, but it is namely the atheists that come to Christian sites that seem to be bitter.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='bonkers' post='1811447' date='Mar 19 2009, 09:59 AM']Isn't it ironic that I feel "free-er" than I ever was when I was Catholic. It's just perpcetion isn't it? You feel freed and liberated by the truth, as do I.. we just happen to believe very differently.[/quote]

The point is Christianity does not lock you up and put a hindrance on your life, as you stated. It isn't as "fact" as you make it out to be.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1811684' date='Mar 19 2009, 03:17 PM']Well I don't know, many atheist seem to be bitter people, including you bonkers, just saying. On the web they often come to Christian website show that bitterness, bitterness doesn't seem very free. Why they actually come to Christian websites is something that makes me think, do they deep down question their faith in the no god and seek the happiness that Christians have, or do they come to vindicate their faith to try and rid themselves of that doubt in the no god.[/quote]

:yes:

Bonkers, whether you mean to or not, you do seem very bitter.

It makes it very difficult to believe that you actually are "free." You come off very angry, prejudice, and bitter a lot of the time. :ohno:

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1811732' date='Mar 19 2009, 04:13 PM']It makes it very difficult to believe that you actually are "free." You come off very angry, prejudice, and bitter a lot of the time. :ohno:[/quote]

Pot. kettle. black

:unsure:

:smokey:

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Hassan' post='1811713' date='Mar 19 2009, 03:54 PM']I can think of one or two bitter Christians.[/quote]

Yes, I can too.

But I can't think of two or even one bitter saint.

When supposed Christians are truly living their life for Christ and practicing their faith He is their strength, joy, and peace and most people, because of the fruits of that prayer in their life, would never call them a "bitter" person.

Do you honestly know someone who you consider to be absolutely in love with Christ and practicing their faith ardently that is bitter?

+J.M.J.+
[color="red"][b]off topic posts will be deleted. the topic is:

"Would Islam be more effective in fighting AIDS than Christianity?"[/b][/color]

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1811743' date='Mar 19 2009, 04:18 PM']+J.M.J.+
off topic posts will be deleted. the topic is:

"Would Islam be more effective in fighting AIDS than Christianity?"[/quote]

That may be the topic of the thread, but it is not what bonkers, from what Hassan and bonkers have written, are trying to argue. Bonkers did not start this thread. The mods moved it and re-named it, and I don't think perhaps whoever the mod was fully grasped what apparently bonkers and hassan wanted to argue. This isn't about Islam vs. Christianity in a fight against AIDS: which way is better. It is about Christianity's way just being wrong and the discussion is whether Christianity needs to compromise and actually "care" for the Africans or watch them die by being stubborn hypocrites. And the argument is whether Christianity's way truly is wrong and does it need to be implemented above all other ways?

Hassan has already said that neither of them truly believe that Islam is the solution. They are just convinced that Christianity isn't...

I respect all who want to keep this on topic and want to avoid lameness however this topic can go in many good directions and I am hoping the mods will respect that.

This thread was not named correctly and it is silly to try to keep us on a topic that never was.

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1811754' date='Mar 19 2009, 04:24 PM']That may be the topic of the thread, but it is not what bonkers, from what Hassan and bonkers have written, are trying to argue. Bonkers did not start this thread. The mods moved it and re-named it, and I don't think perhaps whoever the mod was fully grasped what apparently bonkers and hassan wanted to argue. This isn't about Islam vs. Christianity in a fight against AIDS: which way is better.[/quote]

:yes: