An Old School Catholic Message Board

Truth About Gay Sex

Saint Therese

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1805807' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:05 AM']No need to bash on psychology, some of us intend to make it our living.[/quote]
Ahahahaha!!!!

Hehehe, good one. :))

Oh hang on, seriously? :unsure:

No, I'm kidding. :) Good luck. A friend of our family is a psychology professor. :D

HisChildForever

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1805809' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:07 AM']Ahahahaha!!!!

Hehehe, good one. :))

Oh hang on, seriously? :unsure:

No, I'm kidding. :) Good luck. A friend of our family is a psychology professor. :D[/quote]

Someone's hyper.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1805809' date='Mar 13 2009, 02:07 AM']A friend of our family is a psychology professor. :D[/quote]

I doubt your family would like you spreading that around

The don't want a stigma I'm sure :mellow:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1805812' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:10 AM']Someone's hyper.[/quote]
I get weird past about 11:30...

[quote]Thank you for tracking down this article.

Some people [Groupo I] have a tendency to talk off the tops of their heads, some people [Groupo Two, including me] remember general concepts but with few supporting details and NO chapter or verse support, and then other people [Group Three, including you] do the right thing and track down an article that can form the basis of a discussion.

My goal is to move from Group Two to Group Three one of these days, but don't hold your breath.[/quote]

I need to move from group two to group three myself; but its soooo gosh darn hard!
:annoyed:

Edited by Didacus

Madame Vengier

[quote name='kujo' post='1805298' date='Mar 12 2009, 07:59 PM']Pressured to change it by the overwhelming common sense that it is NOT?![/quote]

The man who was most prominent in the change to the textbooks of the AMA regarding homosexuality later came out as a homosexual himself, who had been cheating on his wife with other men for decades. Like many lies regarding morality, this one was born of a personal agenda. Homosexuality is most certainly a mental and emotional disorder. But I can see where someone who is homosexual or someone who has latent homosexual inclinations that they are not able to address (i.e. "in the closet") would have a real hard time accepting that they have a disorder of any kind.

That's what I remembering hearing - I think it was in a radio interview... that the man who led the charge to declassify homosexuality as a mental illness was himself a practicing but closeted homosexual, and that he had to maneuver for this change rather delicately lest he be found out by his colleagues. After the status of homosexuality was changed, I think he did go public about his sexuality.