An Old School Catholic Message Board

Truth About Gay Sex

Saint Therese

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1805119' date='Mar 12 2009, 04:21 PM']What proof do you have that the stats are wrong? They are provided by the GAY community, in a court case.[/quote]

I didn't say the stats were wrong, not at all. I have said that your conclusion does not follow.

[quote name='Hilde' post='1804698' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:05 AM']Why do they commit more suicides, though?[/quote]

Teens with SSA commit suicide at the same rate as do schizophrenics. In the ones I knew close enough to make a judgment on, there seemed to be a lot of self-loathing. You can put that up to society, or family pressures/stigma, or it is a case of being uncomfortable in their skin and feeling out of place. I believe that deep down we all know when we aren't doing something the right way. I have to constantly remind myself that I'm supposed to refer to it as SSA instead of gay or homosexual. The church doesn't want us to label people as gay as if that is the end of it. We are supposed to say that an individual has same sex attraction.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1805148' date='Mar 12 2009, 06:39 PM']Teens with SSA commit suicide at the same rate as do schizophrenics. In the ones I knew close enough to make a judgment on, there seemed to be a lot of self-loathing. You can put that up to society, or family pressures/stigma, or it is a case of being uncomfortable in their skin and feeling out of place. I believe that deep down we all know when we aren't doing something the right way. I have to constantly remind myself that I'm supposed to refer to it as SSA instead of gay or homosexual. The church doesn't want us to label people as gay as if that is the end of it. We are supposed to say that an individual has same sex attraction.[/quote]
Agreed. I was simply using the term from the article. I think SSA is more appropriate term because your sexuality is not the end all and be all of your existance, and behavior is ALWAYS a choice.

[quote name='nkkh' post='1805069' date='Mar 12 2009, 05:47 PM']Gay sex is gay.[/quote]

Oh, how funny. Never heard that one before. Man, you really summed up the whole issue here.

[quote name='nkkh' post='1805073' date='Mar 12 2009, 05:49 PM']And to the point of free will, there are mental illnesses which are a result of chemical imbalances, or trauma which the sufferer cannot help.

I know this first hand.[/quote]

So....being a homosexual means you have a mental illness???

:mellow:

Back to the drawing board.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kujo' post='1805237' date='Mar 12 2009, 07:31 PM']So....being a homosexual means you have a mental illness???

:mellow:

Back to the drawing board.[/quote]
It used to be considered a mental disorder until the AMA was pressured to change it.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1805270' date='Mar 12 2009, 07:49 PM']It used to be considered a mental disorder until the AMA was pressured to change it.[/quote]

Pressured to change it by the overwhelming common sense that it is NOT?!

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1805300' date='Mar 12 2009, 09:06 PM']Is psychology based off of common sense?[/quote]

You're smart, you.

Homosexuality it not a mental disorder. Plain and simple.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1805270' date='Mar 12 2009, 05:49 PM']It used to be considered a mental disorder until the AMA was pressured to change it.[/quote]

Yes, and Schitzophrenia used to be deamons.

Science advances

Homosexuality WAS defined as a mental illness until some time in the 1970s. It was the profession of phychiatry (or phsycology?) that redefined it, and I believe the term they chose was an "alternate lifestyle." They passed a motion at the big national convention of psychiatrists and after that, homosexuality was no longer considered a mental illness.

Saint Therese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1805317' date='Mar 12 2009, 08:41 PM']Yes, and Schitzophrenia used to be deamons.

Science advances[/quote]

In some cases, schizophrenia is still demons.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1805045' date='Mar 12 2009, 04:34 PM']Bull.
Are you gonna tell me people can't choose their behaviors? They are so enslaved by their "passions" they have no self-control???
What are we now - robots?

If I come from a family with alcoholics, I can CHOOSE not to drink.
Behavior is ALWAYS a choice.[/quote]

In part I agree with you but another part would disagree. There was a wonderful article on the Daily Telegraph web site this week about physical castration of sex offenders in Europe. After castration - as opposed to chemical castration, les than 2.8% were repeat offenders as opposed to 80% without treatment. This would lead one to belive certain 'actions' were the result of chemicals within the body creating the 'drive' which results in the mental decision to take action. IF this is the case then is there not a case that indeed homosexuality could be a persons 'choice' or it could be the result of an imbalance of body chemicals and beyond their control?

See article here [url="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/11/world/europe/11castrate.html?_r=2&em"]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/11/world/eu...tml?_r=2&em[/url]

No I am not. I am suggesting that it is not a simple matter of choice, that there is a biological / chemical factor that affects how and why we do things. I never suggested castration of gay people.