An Old School Catholic Message Board

Truth About Gay Sex

Saint Therese

I can certainly agree with the rates of suicide and substance abuse. Of all the gay clients I had, I can't remember one that was truly emotionally healthy and happy. They all seemed so broken, and I'm not just talking about the ones who were dying of AIDS. That's a no-brainer. Once it got around that I would represent people with AIDS, other HIV- people started coming to me. Even older people who had been together for a couple of decades were so different from the same aged straight couples at church.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hilde' post='1804698' date='Mar 12 2009, 12:05 PM']Why do they commit more suicides, though?[/quote]
Living life thru the narrow lens of disordered sexuality and engaging in unnatural practices cannot be conducive to healthy living. It is out of sync of how mankind is meant to live.

[quote name='Hilde' post='1804698' date='Mar 12 2009, 10:05 AM']Why do they commit more suicides, though?[/quote]

Probably a variety of reasons.

For one, many probably don't have the same support system that straight people do. Most don't have spouses or children, and some (I would guess many) have been disowned from their family.

Being gay is not a frivolous lifestyle choice. Although I believe it is wrong, I can't imagine going through what I have seen so many gay people go through. Many don't see a choice. Being gay is not about sex.

I am so sad for that population.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='prose' post='1804774' date='Mar 12 2009, 01:47 PM']Probably a variety of reasons.

For one, many probably don't have the same support system that straight people do. Most don't have spouses or children, and some (I would guess many) have been disowned from their family.

Being gay is not a frivolous lifestyle choice. Although I believe it is wrong, I can't imagine going through what I have seen so many gay people go through. Many don't see a choice. Being gay is not about sex.

I am so sad for that population.[/quote]
A person's behavior, however, IS a choice.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1804983' date='Mar 12 2009, 02:51 PM']A person's behavior, however, IS a choice.[/quote]

Highly debatable.

You can't blame everything on "disordered actions" while ignoring the rather poor treatment many homosexuals experience.

If you could compare these stats to say, Holland, or a more liberal European country where homosexuality was more accecpted and the stats remained constant then I'd give more weight to your claim.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hassan' post='1805015' date='Mar 12 2009, 05:13 PM']Highly debatable.

You can't blame everything on "disordered actions" while ignoring the rather poor treatment many homosexuals experience.

If you could compare these stats to say, Holland, or a more liberal European country where homosexuality was more accecpted and the stats remained constant then I'd give more weight to your claim.[/quote]
Bull.
Are you gonna tell me people can't choose their behaviors? They are so enslaved by their "passions" they have no self-control???
What are we now - robots?

If I come from a family with alcoholics, I can CHOOSE not to drink.
Behavior is ALWAYS a choice.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1805045' date='Mar 12 2009, 03:34 PM']Bull.
Are you gonna tell me people can't choose their behaviors? They are so enslaved by their "passions" they have no self-control???
What are we now - robots?

If I come from a family with alcoholics, I can CHOOSE not to drink.
Behavior is ALWAYS a choice.[/quote]

free will is not a debatable point?

Since when?

I think the more important point is this study is not scientific in it's conclusions. You all need to compare it to different cultures where homosexuality is more or less accecpted etc and see if the stats remain constant and such.

Edited by Hassan

the "gay age" and bio age thing is lullz. Could I use that excuse to sleep around with women? My "hetero age" is still pre-mature? whatever. It's interesting to see that the GLBQ whatever group is starting to realise it has problems.

And to the point of free will, there are mental illnesses which are a result of chemical imbalances, or trauma which the sufferer cannot help.

I know this first hand.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hassan' post='1805047' date='Mar 12 2009, 05:37 PM']free will is not a debatable point?

Since when?

I think the more important point is this study is not scientific in it's conclusions. You all need to compare it to different cultures where homosexuality is more or less accecpted etc and see if the stats remain constant and such.[/quote]
What proof do you have that the stats are wrong? They are provided by the GAY community, in a court case.
Life expectancy of gay/bisexual men in Canada is 20 years less than the average; that is 55 years.
· GLB people commit suicide at rates from 2 to 13.9 times more often than average.
· GLB people have smoking rates 1.3 to 3 times higher than average.
· GLB people have rates of alcoholism 1.4 to 7 times higher than average.
· GLB people have rates of illicit drug use 1.6 to 19 times higher than average.
· GLB people show rates of depression 1.8 to 3 times higher than average.
· Gay and bisexual men (MSM) comprise 76.1% of AIDS cases.
· Gay and bisexual men (MSM) comprise 54% of new HIV infections each year.
· If one uses Statistics Canada figure of 1.7% of GLB becoming infected, that is 26 times higher than average.
· GLB people are at a higher risk for anal cancers.

It also says they have the right to marry.
And this quote is important as well.
"Recent laws, policies and public funding aimed at reducing the rate of suicide, addiction, partner abuse, and STI's by granting more sexual freedom have not diminished those statistics. In fact, there has been an increase since the beginning of the 'rights' movement in the early 70's, and [color="#0000FF"]it's getting worse, not better. In [/color]places like San Francisco and the Netherlands where gay sex has been normalized, many of these stats are worse, so I have difficulty with the theory that more freedom, money and legislation will reduce these stats. That is just not where the facts point."

Perish the thought for you, but maybe, just maybe the problem is that the lifestyle is the problem. Not society, not the country, not the rest of the population.