An Old School Catholic Message Board

Owner Of Muslim Relations Tv Network Beheads Wife

Lil Red

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1789263' date='Feb 23 2009, 12:27 PM']:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:[/quote]

It iss [b][u]Hassan's[/u][/b] (:turban:) fault. I warned him! :saint:

I vote we ban him! ;)

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1789383' date='Feb 23 2009, 04:14 PM']That's hilarious. While Muslims are killing and oppressing in the name of Islam all over the world, the rest of us are supposed to "give it a fair shake". LOL.[/quote]

I know! Laughable, eh?

<_<

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1789383' date='Feb 23 2009, 03:14 PM']That's hilarious.

While Muslims are killing and oppressing in the name of Islam all over the world, the rest of us are supposed to "give it a fair shake". LOL.[/quote]

So your mindset is, because some Muslims are doing bad things, the best thing to do is to try and misrepresent Islam?

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Hassan' post='1791007' date='Feb 25 2009, 12:01 AM']So your mindset is, because some Muslims are doing bad things, the best thing to do is to try and misrepresent Islam?[/quote]

Muslims are representing Islam just fine by themselves.

And by the way, it's notable that you responded to "all over the world" with "some Muslims". THAT shows YOUR mindset. Denial ain't just a river...

Edited by Madame Vengier

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1791211' date='Feb 25 2009, 08:30 AM']Muslims are representing Islam just fine by themselves.[/quote]

lol, and they are all representing it the same way?

[quote]And by the way, it's notable that you responded to "all over the world" with "some Muslims". THAT shows YOUR mindset. Denial ain't just a river...[/quote]

Unless all Muslims are engaged in such activities then "some Muslims" is a correct term to use. If you don't beleive me check out a good book quantification logic.

I was taught using Irving M Copi's [u]Symbolic Logic[/u]

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Symbolic-Logic-Irving-M-Copi/dp/0023249803/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235571675&sr=1-5"]http://www.amazon.com/Symbolic-Logic-Irvin...1675&sr=1-5[/url]

It's a good book. I think you may be get some use out of it.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Hassan' post='1791259' date='Feb 25 2009, 10:23 AM']lol, and they are all representing it the same way?

Unless all Muslims are engaged in such activities then "some Muslims" is a correct term to use. If you don't beleive me check out a good book quantification logic.

I was taught using Irving M Copi's [u]Symbolic Logic[/u]

[url="http://www.amazon.com/Symbolic-Logic-Irving-M-Copi/dp/0023249803/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235571675&sr=1-5"]http://www.amazon.com/Symbolic-Logic-Irvin...1675&sr=1-5[/url]

It's a good book. I think you may be get some use out of it.[/quote]

Hassan, you are a 20-year old college student. I am more advanced than you in age, education and general life experience. Don't dare make comments to me like this again. Get yourself sorted out.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1792336' date='Feb 27 2009, 08:44 AM']Hassan, you are a 20-year old college student. I am more advanced than you in age, education and general life experience. Don't dare make comments to me like this again. Get yourself sorted out.[/quote]

And yet none of these facts seemed to have served you well in making the distinction between "some" and "all". I used the word "some" because an unspecified subset of the total population of Muslims are engaged in such activities to which you responded

[i]And by the way, it's notable that you responded to "all over the world" with "some Muslims". THAT shows YOUR mindset. Denial ain't just a river...[/i]

For the moment let's set aside the fact that my use of the term "some" was utterly appropriate and correct. If you write a post that seems simply angry and overbearing using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS as though the LARGER YOUR WORDS the MORE CORRECT you are then I'm probably not going to respect your advanced age and education as much as you feel is due to you. Not that I would care all that much about an individuals age or education in the first place. I have tried and will try to be civil to you, but that does not mean I have to take your opinion seriously. I don't know if in grade school a Muslim kid stole lunch money or what, but for whatever reason you seem to have an angry fixation on Islam and Muslims. A fixation which causes you to, for example, sees "secret Muslims" on this board and somewhat outlandish conspiracies in real life. I would advise you to take a more level headed and analytical approach to world events rather than maintaining a conspiratorial gestalt. Perhaps you could be more specific as to what I need to get "sorted out". I'll listen to your criticisms but I cannot promise I'll honor them. Naturally I have numerous personal flaws, but you'll have to have to excuse me if I consult other sources for personal advice.

Have a nice day

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792768' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:06 PM']And yet none of these facts seemed to have served you well in making the distinction between "some" and "all". I used the word "some" because an unspecified subset of the total population of Muslims are engaged in such activities to which you responded

[i]And by the way, it's notable that you responded to "all over the world" with "some Muslims". THAT shows YOUR mindset. Denial ain't just a river...[/i][/quote]

It's not my problem that, ONCE AGAIN, you failed to comprehend a point. My point in making that comment was that while I was addressing a GLOBAL problem among Muslims by saying "all over the world", you chose to whitewash this by using the phrase "some Muslims" as if it's some random, tiny minority. I can't teach you literary critique and comprehension skills, Hassan. That's not what I'm here for.

And I don't think my so-called "fixation" (a term I consider so laughable I won't bother being offended by it) with Islam is any broader than any member of PM's "fixation" on liberals, pro-abortionists, or any number of topics posters here deem of great import in the world today. But then again, I've made this comparison before.

P.S. You're a funny one to accuse anyone else of being "fixated on Islam and Muslims".

Edited by Madame Vengier

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1792779' date='Feb 27 2009, 08:17 PM']It's not my problem that, ONCE AGAIN, you failed to comprehend a point. My point in making that comment was that while I was addressing a GLOBAL problem among Muslims by saying "all over the world", you chose to whitewash this by using the phrase "some Muslims" as if it's some random, tiny minority. I can't teach you literary critique and comprehension skills, Hassan. That's not what I'm here for.

And I don't think my so-called "fixation" (a term I consider so laughable I won't bother being offended by it) with Islam is any broader than any member of PM's "fixation" on liberals, pro-abortionists, or any number of topics posters here deem of great import in the world today. But then again, I've made this comparison before.

P.S. You're a funny one to accuse anyone else of being "fixated on Islam and Muslims".[/quote]
Standing all the time is making you cranky.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1792779' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:17 PM']It's not my problem that, ONCE AGAIN, you failed to comprehend a point. My point in making that comment was that while I was addressing a GLOBAL problem among Muslims by saying "all over the world", you chose to whitewash this by using the phrase "some Muslims" as if it's some random, tiny minority. I can't teach you literary critique and comprehension skills, Hassan. That's not what I'm here for.[/quote]

Or perhaps I was using the term "some" to refer to an unspecified subset of the total population of Muslims. If you, for whatever reason, make the additional assumption that by some I was making a statement implying a regional phenomena rather than a global one I can't really help that.

I'll let others decide who needs tutoring in "literary critique" (although with all due respect I'm not sure I'd consider your post literature) and "comprehension skills"

I would like an explanation as to your rather bizarre objection to the idea that Islam should be treated fairly.

[quote]And I don't think my so-called "fixation" (a term I consider so laughable I won't bother being offended by it) with Islam is any broader than any member of PM's "fixation" on liberals, pro-abortionists, or any number of topics posters here deem of great import in the world today. But then again, I've made this comparison before.[/quote]

Perhaps.

[quote]P.S. You're a funny one to accuse anyone else of being "fixated on Islam and Muslims".[/quote]

Why?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792803' date='Feb 27 2009, 08:32 PM']Why?[/quote]

Faking ignorance is not something to be applauded for.

Anyway, has anyone heard any recent updates on this story?

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1792818' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:37 PM']Faking ignorance is not something to be applauded for.[/quote]

I post a lot here on the subject because, as I said, I do not fell it or Muslims get a fair shake here. I do the same thing for you all when outdoor preachers claim the Pope befriended satan and you all worship Mary.

[quote]Anyway, has anyone heard any recent updates on this story?[/quote]

not lately

Madame Vengier

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1792818' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:37 PM']Faking ignorance is not something to be applauded for.

Anyway, has anyone heard any recent updates on this story?[/quote]

At last note, according to his lawyer he plans to plead "not guilty" and he's "exploring his options" about how best to do this. Aside from this, Muslims in his community are complaining that Islam is being unfairly portrayed by the media. For reporting on the story.

Madame Vengier

[quote]'Hassan' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:32 PM' post='1792803']
Or perhaps I was using the term "some" to refer to an unspecified subset of the total population of Muslims.[/quote]

In reply to a comment about "Muslims all around the world", you responded with a remark that you are now saying referred to "an unspecified subset". You're proving my point exactly. But I don't expect you to even understand that you are.

[quote]I would like an explanation as to your rather bizarre objection to the idea that Islam should be treated fairly.[/quote]

First of all, I never said I objected to Islam being treated fairly. In fact, I made no comment at all (reference my previous note about your failure to comprehend the statements of others) about how Islam should be portrayed. I simply commented that Muslims portray Islam quite well on their own. Secondly, explanations are not owed to you. Your comment "I would like an explanation" is arrogant at best.