An Old School Catholic Message Board

Owner Of Muslim Relations Tv Network Beheads Wife

Lil Red

[quote name='Hassan' post='1787540' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:34 PM']I didn't say one should not badger people, I simply asked if this was really something important enough that you had to badger her over it. Constantly grinding her over a mistake she made.[/quote]

Maybe it's not a mistake, Hassan. Maybe the theological indifferentism by which I live is just rearing its head!!! :topsy: Katie

Edited by Tinkerlina

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1782444' date='Feb 16 2009, 01:56 PM']+J.M.J.+
[url="http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/02/16/owner-muslim-relations-tv-network-beheads-wife-media-mum"]From Newsbusters:[/url]

Ironically, the network's motto was "Connecting People Through Understanding," and its mission statement:[/quote]
Egh. Talk about reinforcing a negative stereotype. And I thought the I, being a Catholic alcoholic who occasionally has a potty-mouth, was bad.

Seriously though... "But for the Grace of God there go I." I know what I am left to my own devices, and it ain't good.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1787614' date='Feb 21 2009, 11:08 PM']Egh. Talk about reinforcing a negative stereotype. And I thought the I, being a Catholic alcoholic who occasionally has a potty-mouth, was bad.[/quote]

lol, your ancestor's wern't Irish were they? :D

But seriously I hope you work through that. I've had some family deal with that.

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1787561' date='Feb 21 2009, 10:17 PM']Maybe it's not a mistake, Hassan. Maybe the theological indifferentism by which I live is just rearing its head!!! :topsy: Katie[/quote]

prolly. My secret Muslim side pops out every now and then also :unsure:

Of course, I'm a pretty super duper secret Muslim seeing as I've never actually been in a Mosque :detective:

Edited by Hassan

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hassan' post='1787668' date='Feb 21 2009, 11:44 PM']I find your decision to defend spousal abuse disturbing :mellow:[/quote]
Thats funny coming from you.

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1787702' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:07 AM']Um, Hassan I hope you were just kidding when you said I was defending spousal abuse... Katie[/quote]

of course :)

[quote name='Hassan' post='1787709' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:11 AM']of course :)[/quote]

Thank God. Sometimes I have to double check, because you know how Secret Muslims can get all cunning! -Katie

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Hassan' post='1787676' date='Feb 21 2009, 11:49 PM']how so?[/quote]

Because you defend...or excuse (there's only a fine line between the two)...almost everything negative that Muslims do, including pedophilia and spousal abuse. But those are only a couple of things.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1787557' date='Feb 21 2009, 10:16 PM']That's horrible. Unfortunately, there are Christians who use Biblical passages to justify spousal and child abuse as well.[/quote]

No, they don't. There are NO passages in the Bible which spell out a direct mandate for how husbands should physically deal with their wives. The Christians you are referring to are NOT using a direct mandate, but their own interpretation of other passages that they are using to tie into how they treat their wives. This is not the same thing that I am talking about with the Koran. It is totally different. The Koran has a DIRECT mandate, spelled out, that allows husbands to use physical (and other) types of punishments with their wives. It is not suggestive, either. It is a direct guideline. These guidelines can be used for anything from preparing a meal wrong or "talking back" to her husband. And of course, God forbid she should do something really serious like commit adultery or file for divorce. The husband can then murder her for his "honor" or hand her over to authorities to be stoned or hanged.

Regardless of the theological definitions, my original point was that you easily chalked up Koranic mandates to "crazies" rather than looking deeper at the issue and seeing it for what it really is.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Hassan' post='1787540' date='Feb 21 2009, 09:34 PM']I didn't say one should not badger people,[/quote]

So it's okay to "badger" people?? Because YOU do it as a regular form of communication? WOW.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1788152' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:50 AM']So it's okay to "badger" people?? Because YOU do it as a regular form of communication? WOW.[/quote]
shoo fly, don't bother me

that's not what I said and I'd recommend you go back and read a tad more carefully.

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1787734' date='Feb 22 2009, 12:26 AM']Thank God. Sometimes I have to double check, because you know how Secret Muslims can get all cunning! -Katie[/quote]

:detective:

Secretly Muslims have been cunningly trying to hide our non-existant Muslim faith for hundreds of years :unsure:

Seriously though, I'd recomend looking elsewhere for information on Islam. I'm no expert on Islam however I do know enough to know that a good deal of the information here is rather like going to a fundamentalist website to learn about Roman Catholicism.

If you would ever like any good book titles just let me know.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1788150' date='Feb 22 2009, 11:49 AM']No, they don't. There are NO passages in the Bible which spell out a direct mandate for how husbands should physically deal with their wives. The Christians you are referring to are NOT using a direct mandate, but their own interpretation of other passages that they are using to tie into how they treat their wives. This is not the same thing that I am talking about with the Koran. It is totally different. The Koran has a DIRECT mandate, spelled out, that allows husbands to use physical (and other) types of punishments with their wives. It is not suggestive, either. It is a direct guideline. These guidelines can be used for anything from preparing a meal wrong or "talking back" to her husband. And of course, God forbid she should do something really serious like commit adultery or file for divorce. The husband can then murder her for his "honor" or hand her over to authorities to be stoned or hanged.

Regardless of the theological definitions, my original point was that you easily chalked up Koranic mandates to "crazies" rather than looking deeper at the issue and seeing it for what it really is.[/quote]

This would be a good example.

Like I said (Tinkerline), if you would like real information let me know. I have my own problems with Islam but it hardly get's a fair shake here (for the most part).

Edited by Hassan