An Old School Catholic Message Board

Owner Of Muslim Relations Tv Network Beheads Wife

Lil Red

Justified Saint

[quote name='Hassan' post='1782944' date='Feb 16 2009, 07:11 PM']Looks like we may have another secret Muslim on the board :detective:[/quote]

Being fair-minded doesn't make me a Muslim :saint:

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783172' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:11 AM']Being fair-minded doesn't make me a Muslim :saint:[/quote]

I didn't say Muslim, I said Secret Muslim :unsure:

keep posting here and you'll learn about all sorts of secret muslim beleifs you never even knew you had :detective:

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783167' date='Feb 16 2009, 09:07 PM']I said it was tasteless to make light of someone's murder, which is a statement of fact. Maybe we shoud start making new threads everytime a Christian commits a crime and then we can deduce that the Christian religion is consequently evil. That kind of robust reasoning is irrefutable, after all.[/quote]
I "made light" of no one's murder. I simply stated a fact about Islamic law. Thus, the problem is not in my comments, but in your mind.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1783219' date='Feb 17 2009, 01:22 AM']I "made light" of no one's murder. I simply stated a fact about Islamic law. Thus, the problem is not in my comments, but in your mind.[/quote]

I guess that's what I assumed the comment was when I read it (just a statment of fact), although when it comes to text and a lack of body language mistakes can be made.

What if the argument stops and everyone just agrees that the whole thing was Kafka's fault?

:mellow:

Edited by Hassan

Justified Saint

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1783219' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:22 PM']I "made light" of no one's murder. I simply stated a fact about Islamic law. Thus, the problem is not in my comments, but in your mind.[/quote]

I am not questioning your right to be tasteless and indecent, just optioning my right to call it as such. If we can be clear about that, I am not really interested anymore in your excuses for your comments, you have already offered enough versions which are conclusive enough for me.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783266' date='Feb 17 2009, 02:57 AM']I am not questioning your right to be tasteless and indecent, just optioning my right to call it as such. If we can be clear about that, I am not really interested anymore in your excuses for your comments, you have already offered enough versions which are conclusive enough for me.[/quote]

I thought we were all going to blame kafka? :unsure:

And I really didn't find Apo's comments "tasteless and indecent"... that is a bit dramatic I think.

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

Justified Saint

[quote name='Hassan' post='1783221' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:25 PM']I guess that's what I assumed the comment was when I read it (just a statment of fact), although when it comes to text and a lack of body language mistakes can be made.

What if the argument stops and everyone just agrees that the whole thing was Kafka's fault?

:mellow:[/quote]

The fact remains that this thread was started with dubious intentions compounded by even more dubious attempts to make subtle suggestions about a religion that are entirely out of place. If some people's honesty is to be trusted, then it would only beg the question of why this thread even exists.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783271' date='Feb 17 2009, 03:04 AM']The fact remains that this thread was started with dubious intentions compounded by even more dubious attempts to make subtle suggestions about a religion that are entirely out of place. If some people's honesty is to be trusted, then it would only beg the question of why this thread even exists.[/quote]

This woman's head was cut off by her own husband. Are you suggesting we ignore it?

If it is not shocking enough about his position and religion, it is even more shocking and thread-worthy that it got little to no media attention when however a Christian woman can shoot and kill her pastor husband in a small little town in the middle of nowhere at a small little church that noone has ever heard of and have weeks worth of CNN coverage.

Edited by TotusTuusMaria

Justified Saint

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1783270' date='Feb 17 2009, 01:03 AM']I thought we were all going to blame kafka? :unsure:

And I really didn't find Apo's comments "tasteless and indecent"... that is a bit dramatic I think.[/quote]

All I said was that it was tasteless and I was fine to leave it at that. Subsequent exchanges with Hassan provoked additional explanations that served only to draw out the latent meaning in the aforementioned comments.

And I am not a fan of Kafka. He almost killed senior English for me. So I guess that would make it fitting to blame him? :unsure:

Justified Saint

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1783274' date='Feb 17 2009, 01:08 AM']This woman's head was cut off by her own husband. Are you suggesting we ignore it?

If it is not shocking enough about his position and religion, it is even more shocking and thread-worthy that it got little to no media attention when however a Christian woman can shoot and kill her pastor husband in a small little town in the middle of nowhere at a small little church that noone has ever heard of and have weeks worth of CNN coverage.[/quote]

If there is something to debate, then debate it. So far, if we are to believe the protestations of some posters, we have just been getting "statements of facts" about a news story. Curiously, you are the first person on this thread to mention anything about a double standard in news coverage. I wonder why that is.

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783275' date='Feb 17 2009, 03:11 AM']All I said was that it was tasteless and I was fine to leave it at that. Subsequent exchanges with Hassan provoked additional explanations that served only to draw out the latent meaning in the aforementioned comments.[/quote]

Like I said, I find it a bit dramatic.

[quote]And I am not a fan of Kafka. He almost killed senior English for me. So I guess that would make it fitting to blame him? :unsure:[/quote]

Yeah, any reason at all is fine. He's to blame. Boo on Kafka. :thumbdown:

:cyclops:

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783276' date='Feb 17 2009, 03:15 AM']If there is something to debate, then debate it. So far, if we are to believe the protestations of some posters, we have just been getting "statements of facts" about a news story. Curiously, you are the first person on this thread to mention anything about a double standard in news coverage. I wonder why that is.[/quote]

Because we have been too stuck arguing over Apo's "tasteless" remarks to move on to how ridiculous the media's double standard on this actually is.

And I am not trying to sweep away that the man is Muslim and there is a likelihood that his religion's view on women, family, and a man's honor might have influenced him. There is a possibility.

But there is a big double standard going on as well in the media.

The point is there is good reason to have a thread dedicated to this.

Most shocking is that the husband's name is Hassan. I can't believe you phatmassers are not jumping all over this. :rolleyes: The butcher-er is a Hassan.... :ohno:

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783266' date='Feb 16 2009, 11:57 PM']I am not questioning your right to be tasteless and indecent, just optioning my right to call it as such. If we can be clear about that, I am not really interested anymore in your excuses for your comments, you have already offered enough versions which are conclusive enough for me.[/quote]
I am not questioning your right to misread another person's posts, but just optioning my right to see your post as idiotic.

Edited by Apotheoun

Justified Saint

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1783281' date='Feb 17 2009, 01:31 AM']Because we have been too stuck arguing over Apo's "tasteless" remarks to move on to how ridiculous the media's double standard on this actually is.

And I am not trying to sweep away that the man is Muslim and there is a likelihood that his religion's view on women, family, and a man's honor might have influenced him. There is a possibility.

But there is a big double standard going on as well in the media.

The point is there is good reason to have a thread dedicated to this.

Most shocking is that the husband's name is Hassan. I can't believe you phatmassers are not jumping all over this. :rolleyes: The butcher-er is a Hassan.... :ohno:[/quote]

There is really nothing to debate, then. If you didn't think the media was biased before, you probably won't feel any different now. Needless to say, people can continue going on showing their own double standards, I think that is what these kinds of threads are for, after all.

[quote name='Justified Saint' post='1783271' date='Feb 17 2009, 12:04 AM']The fact remains that this thread was started with dubious intentions[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/taylor_158/lolwut.jpg[/img]