An Old School Catholic Message Board

Owner Of Muslim Relations Tv Network Beheads Wife

Lil Red

[quote name='Winchester' post='1793077' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:56 PM']If only his name were Kennedy...[/quote]

LOL!

Of course he cut her head off, he didn't drive her into a lake and leave or to die while he sobered up.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1793067' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:53 PM']That's interesting. What I know about psychology could fit in the palm of someone's hand but I didn't see anything to suggust he could not understand what he was doing to differentiate between right and wrong either.[/quote]

Well it really depends on the disorder. If he had been suffering a hallucination or a delusion then yes, he would not have been capable of recognizing the true harm of his actions (perhaps experiencing an auditory delusion coupled with severe paranoia) but if he were suffering from anxiety or unipolar depression he could distinguish between right and wrong.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1793102' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:05 AM']Well it really depends on the disorder. If he had been suffering a hallucination or a delusion then yes, he would not have been capable of recognizing the true harm of his actions (perhaps experiencing an auditory delusion coupled with severe paranoia) but if he were suffering from anxiety or unipolar depression he could distinguish between right and wrong.[/quote]

yeah, good point.

I really don't know enough to guess, I just just throwing out my two cents.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1793087' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:59 PM']I wonder if Kenedy thinks about that now that his time is coming to a close.[/quote]
I think he thinks: ghjklfghulhwlkuhwkljthy flower pretty.

Yeah, not a fan.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1793108' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:06 PM']yeah, good point.

I really don't know enough to guess, I just just throwing out my two cents.[/quote]

Diagnosing an abnormal disorder is not really my interest, although I do like me a good case study now and then. :evil:

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1793144' date='Feb 28 2009, 12:14 AM']Diagnosing an abnormal disorder is not really my interest, although I do like me a good case study now and then. :evil:[/quote]

what is your main area?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1793155' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:18 PM']what is your main area?[/quote]
Like everyone else, her torso.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1793155' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:18 PM']what is your main area?[/quote]

Criminal/Forensic. This guy has yet to be sentenced (or convicted for that matter) so I have to wait. :coffee:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792968' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:03 PM']as a former lawyer, what do you think the odds of that working are?[/quote]

To be honest, it depends on how much money he has for a lawyer, and his expert witnesses. Enough money, and you can find someone to testify for pretty much whatever you want. He'll probably go for some type of dissociative disorder brought on by the stress of the business finances or the marriage trouble. Funny thing is, the thing where he went right to the cops is one of the things that abused wives do when they finally kill their abusive husbands.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1793381' date='Feb 28 2009, 01:59 AM']To be honest, it depends on how much money he has for a lawyer, and his expert witnesses. Enough money, and you can find someone to testify for pretty much whatever you want. He'll probably go for some type of dissociative disorder brought on by the stress of the business finances or the marriage trouble. Funny thing is, the thing where he went right to the cops is one of the things that abused wives do when they finally kill their abusive husbands.[/quote]

that's very odd (the last part). Unfortunatly I suppose this fellow has a good deal of change. I mean if he really is mentally ill to the extent that he didn't understand his actions then alright (which I really doubt) but I hope he doesn't buy his way out.

I'm not saying that he has anything wrong with him other that being an cold blooded murderer, I'm just saying that if he has the money, he can buy the expert, and it only takes one juror to buy it.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792887' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:22 PM']I doubt that will help this chap.

I've never heard of someone reasoning their way out of being as sick in the head as this fellow seems to be.[/quote]

Who is to say he was "sick in the head"? By all evidence in his work and social life, he was entirely functional...with the exception of his marriage in which, witnesses say, it was well-known that he was abusive for years leading up to the murder. A person who is truly mentally ill cannot just pick and choose which areas of their lives they are functional or dysfunctional in. How can one say a person is "sick in the head" when they can function so easily in all aspects of life that even AFTER the murder, colleagues and friends expressed "shock" because "he was so gentle". Other than being abusive, no one saw any signs of "sick in the head". A person doesn't have to be insane to be abusive. Sane people are perfectly capable of acting out immorally. I reject the notion that this man is "sick in the head". I think he knew exactly what he was doing. It will be interesting to hear what he says for himself when the trial gets under way.