An Old School Catholic Message Board

Owner Of Muslim Relations Tv Network Beheads Wife

Lil Red

HisChildForever

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1792846' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:00 PM']according to his lawyer he plans to plead "not guilty" and he's "exploring his options" about how best to do this.[/quote]

Perhaps he should be the one reading the book about logic.

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1792859' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:06 PM']In reply to a comment about "Muslims all around the world", you responded with a remark that you are now saying referred to "an unspecified subset".[/quote]

It's not revisionism, that's what the term "some" means.

[quote]You're proving my point exactly. But I don't expect you to even understand that you are.[/quote]

lol, I'll bite. How?

[quote]First of all, I never said I objected to Islam being treated fairly.[/quote]

I guess I was misled by
[i]That's hilarious.

While Muslims are killing and oppressing in the name of Islam all over the world, [size=5]the rest of us are supposed to "give it a fair shake". LOL.[/size][/i]

perhapse it was when you claimed to be "laughing out loud" to my statment.

You claim that my comment was "hilarious" and then "laughed out loud" at the idea that "while Muslims are killing and oppressing in the name of Islam all over the world" you all ought to "give Islam a fair shake"

[quote]In fact, I made no comment at all (reference my previous note about your failure to comprehend the statements of others) about how Islam should be portrayed. I simply commented that Muslims portray Islam quite well on their own.[/quote]

Sure :rolleyes:

has it ever occured to you that perhapse you just arn't very clear?

[quote]Secondly, explanations are not owed to you. Your comment "I would like an explanation" is arrogant at best.[/quote]

It's arrogant to request an explanation? Impressive you got through all your advanced education while beleiving this.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1792867' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:11 PM']Perhaps he should be the one reading the book about logic.[/quote]

I doubt that will help this chap.

I've never heard of someone reasoning their way out of being as sick in the head as this fellow seems to be.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792887' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:22 PM']I've never heard of someone reasoning their way out of being as sick in the head as this fellow seems to be.[/quote]

I meant that the man is completely illogical. He went to the police to report his wife's death, all fingers point to him as the murderer, yet now he is pleading "not guilty."

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1792917' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:36 PM']I meant that the man is completely illogical. He went to the police to report his wife's death and later confessed that he murdered her. Yet now he is pleading "not guilty."[/quote]

I thought he just reported she was dead?

I agree about the "man"

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792922' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:38 PM']I thought he just reported she was dead?

I agree about the "man"[/quote]

I must have edited while you were typing. :smokey:

Why is man in quotation marks?

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1792938' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:43 PM']I must have edited while you were typing. :smokey:[/quote]

lol, I think so

[quote]Why is man in quotation marks?[/quote]

I suppose it's just a way of expressing a lack of respect for him.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792949' date='Feb 27 2009, 09:51 PM']I suppose it's just a way of expressing a lack of respect for him.[/quote]

Point taken.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1792917' date='Feb 27 2009, 08:36 PM']I meant that the man is completely illogical. He went to the police to report his wife's death, all fingers point to him as the murderer, yet now he is pleading "not guilty."[/quote]

I still think he is going to plead not guilty due to mental disease or defect. The "only someone who was crazy would behead someone, therefore, if he did this while calm, he must be nuts" defense.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1792958' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:55 PM']I still think he is going to plead not guilty due to mental disease or defect. The "only someone who was crazy would behead someone, therefore, if he did this while calm, he must be nuts" defense.[/quote]

as a former lawyer, what do you think the odds of that working are?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792968' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:03 PM']as a former lawyer, what do you think the odds of that working are?[/quote]

The psychologist will be able to determine whether or not the man is mentally ill.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1792958' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:55 PM']I still think he is going to plead not guilty due to mental disease or defect. The "only someone who was crazy would behead someone, therefore, if he did this while calm, he must be nuts" defense.[/quote]
Somehow I don't think thats a legitimate defense here.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1792972' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:05 PM']The psychologist will be able to determine whether or not the man is mentally ill.[/quote]

you're a psych major right? I know you don't have enough data but do you have any inclinations whether there are any grounds for that?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1792996' date='Feb 27 2009, 10:21 PM']you're a psych major right? I know you don't have enough data but do you have any inclinations whether there are any grounds for that?[/quote]

Judging by the little background information that has been provided (see Post #51 for an article which gives some detail about his personal life) I can safely assume that the man is not psychologically ill. From what we know he has no history of mental illness; furthermore it has not been reported that he has ever suffered from mania which eliminates Bipolar I and II, although frankly anyone suffering from that particular disorder needs hospitalization (Bipolar I) for their own sake, not for the safety of others. (With that being said, most individuals with a psychological abnormality rarely pose a risk to others, unless we are talking sociopathy or psychopathy).

But if someone [b]wanted[/b] to make a case and seriously argue that the man is psychologically ill? (Quotes are taken from that article I referenced).

1. [b]Naeem Randhawa, a documentary filmmaker in Dallas who worked with the Hassans, [u]said it was apparent that their television venture was in trouble[/u], but not their marriage.[/b]

I underlined a stressor which, if traumatic enough, could contribute to triggering an episode or disorder.

2. [b]He characterized Muzzammil Hassan as [u]aggressive in a business sense[/u], with fundraising efforts in the Muslim community that were necessary to keep the station going.[/b]

Perhaps one should look more into that.

3. [b]On a personal level, “he was not extremely talkative — he would sit back and listen,” Randhawa said. “He came across not as a passionate guy, [but] more reserved.”[/b]

Nothing terribly suspicious here, someone could question his apathy but yet:

[b]In a 2005 interview with The Buffalo News, he said that the idea for the TV station was sparked two years earlier when the couple heard derogatory remarks about American Muslims on a radio talk show.[/b]

My counter argument to that is he [i]has[/i] passion, ambition, and a strong faith (it was mentioned he is not "hardcore" so perhaps he is a "contemporary" Muslim? I just mean that even though he is not a strict Muslim does not mean he lacks a strong faith.) Statistics show that those who are devout - not merely [i]affiliated[/i] with religion, but [i]devout[/i] - are less likely to suffer a mental disorder [or specifically depression].

But seriously, in my opinion there is no strong case for him to plead insanity, but then again I do not know the details nor have I sat down with him (even so I need more schooling).

Edited by HisChildForever

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1793050' date='Feb 27 2009, 11:46 PM']Judging by the little background information that has been provided (see Post #51 for an article which gives some detail about his personal life) I can safely assume that the man is not psychologically ill. From what we know he has no history of mental illness; furthermore it has not been reported that he has ever suffered from mania which eliminates Bipolar I and II, although frankly anyone suffering from that particular disorder needs hospitalization (Bipolar I) for their own sake, not for the safety of others. (With that being said, most individuals with a psychological abnormality rarely pose a risk to others, unless we are talking sociopathy or psychopathy).

But if someone [b]wanted[/b] to make a case and seriously argue that the man is psychologically ill? (Quotes are taken from that article I referenced).

1. [b]Naeem Randhawa, a documentary filmmaker in Dallas who worked with the Hassans, [u]said it was apparent that their television venture was in trouble[/u], but not their marriage.[/b]

I underlined a stressor which, if traumatic enough, could contribute to triggering an episode or disorder.

2. [b]He characterized Muzzammil Hassan as [u]aggressive in a business sense[/u], with fundraising efforts in the Muslim community that were necessary to keep the station going.[/b]

Perhaps one should look more into that.

3. [b]On a personal level, “he was not extremely talkative — he would sit back and listen,” Randhawa said. “He came across not as a passionate guy, [but] more reserved.”[/b]

Nothing terribly suspicious here, someone could question his apathy but yet:

[b]In a 2005 interview with The Buffalo News, he said that the idea for the TV station was sparked two years earlier when the couple heard derogatory remarks about American Muslims on a radio talk show.[/b]

My counter argument to that is he [i]has[/i] passion, ambition, and a strong faith (it was mentioned he is not "hardcore" so perhaps he is a "contemporary" Muslim? I just mean that even though he is not a strict Muslim does not mean he lacks a strong faith.) Statistics show that those who are devout - not merely [i]affiliated[/i] with religion, but [i]devout[/i] - are less likely to suffer a mental disorder [or specifically depression].

But seriously, in my opinion there is no strong case for him to plead insanity, but then again I do not know the details nor have I sat down with him (even so I need more schooling).[/quote]

That's interesting. What I know about psychology could fit in the palm of someone's hand but I didn't see anything to suggust he could not understand what he was doing to differentiate between right and wrong either.