An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marvel Or Dc?

Arpy

Right?

I say Marvel, no question. DC just has a different vibe or something, and I don't like it. Batman is its only cool character (and I say so largely because of the movies), whereas Marvel has Spider-Man, the X-Men, Runaways, Fantastic Four...all cool. Yup.

I don't care how many times I have to retype this post: Batman & Superman could destroy or outsmart every hero and villain in the Marvel universe. DC wins, even if only by virtue of two characters.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

DC is much more realistic and tends to be a little darker and realistic than Marvel and its alien invasions. I go with DC.

In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night
No Evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship Evil's Might,
Beware my Power, Green Lantern's Light!

[quote name='Arpy' post='1779898' date='Feb 12 2009, 06:09 PM']Right?

I say Marvel, no question. DC just has a different vibe or something, and I don't like it. Batman is its only cool character[/quote]

Superman is DC isn't he?

Batman is cool. But he is not a super hero. He is a rich guy with a home gym and a research and development company.

That said, I like DC better. I like Watchmen.

whom ever said that dc charecters are more relaistic than marvel have obviously not read any comics. marvel charecters are more like real people than dc charecters. dc charecters are like black and white. like superman is always good, always right and never loses. he never has any issues ever. where as someone like the x-men show how bigotry and discrimination happen every day in this world. not only are the x-men feared and hated because they are different than the norm, but they tend to lose a lot of battles. which is just like real life. you don't win every battle in real life. at the end of the day, everything is not fine and dandy.

spiderman is the same way. a man who shoulders responsiblitly like no one else, who protects a world that hates him, who is always wondering if by doing what he does, he puts his family in great pearl. he truley believes with great power comes great responsibility. also at the end of the day, everything does not end fine and dandy for spiderman.

where as with superman and batman, at the end of the day they always win and everything is fine. the status quo is maintained. they seem to have NO flaws. marvel charecters are made up of their flaws and they are shown more than their strengths. batman and superman have no flaws. they are near perfect, while marvel charecters are built on their flaws. it allows them to grow as charecters.

dc has always been about super powered men and women. marvel has always been about men and women who happen to have super powers. they are people first and foremost.

at the end of the day, make mine marvel.

Edited by havok579257

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av6fWfmugds&feature=channel_page"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av6fWfmugds...re=channel_page[/url]

[quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1780053' date='Feb 13 2009, 04:54 PM']I don't care how many times I have to retype this post: Batman & Superman could destroy or outsmart every hero and villain in the Marvel universe. DC wins, even if only by virtue of two characters.[/quote]

I say that Professor Xavier and Rogue could take pretty much anyone. Even if Rogue couldn't smell of elderberries Superman's powers, Xavier could control him. Plus after the whole alien thing Rogue could essentially copy (without touching) any mutants powers, which include flying, super strength, and anything else Superman has to offer.
How could they outsmart someone who has complete access to their plans? Marvel wins.