An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Foca Fiasco

prose

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777894' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:04 AM']I already mentioned that my original comments were generalizations because I don't consider him telling PP that he'd sign it as campaigning on it. Sorry if you feel I was wrong.[/quote]

You were wrong. There is no "feel" about it. Grow up and admit it.

Edited by T-Bone _

HisChildForever

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1777914' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:45 AM']Hey Troll--

You were wrong. There is no "feel" about it. Grow up and admit it.[/quote]

When was the last time you were wrong and you stubbornly refused to admit it? It happens. (I know when I am blatantly proved wrong it takes a miracle to get me to admit it.) Or maybe FD honestly thinks he is right. I know I was being a bit snide before with him so maybe I have no right to say this, but calling him a "troll" is uncalled for.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777919' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:52 AM']When was the last time you were wrong and you stubbornly refused to admit it? It happens. (I know when I am blatantly proved wrong it takes a miracle to get me to admit it.) Or maybe FD honestly thinks he is right. I know I was being a bit snide before with him so maybe I have no right to say this, but calling him a "troll" is uncalled for.[/quote]

You're right.

The "Troll" remark was a bit inappropriate.

HisChildForever

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1777922' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:57 AM']You're right.

The "Troll" remark was a bit inappropriate.[/quote]

See. :) This is the perfect example of how nice it is to admit a mistake!

Obama has not yet signed FOCA into law because Congress has yet to pass it. If the bill gets passed, and onto Obama's desk, I'm certain he'll sign it.

The first thing Obama [i]did[/i] do upon becoming president is reverse the Mexico City Policy banning funding of overseas abortion - so I think it's safe to say that promoting abortion is indeed a priority for him.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1778405' date='Feb 10 2009, 08:21 PM']Obama has not yet signed FOCA into law because Congress has yet to pass it. If the bill gets passed, and onto Obama's desk, I'm certain he'll sign it.

The first thing Obama [i]did[/i] do upon becoming president is reverse the Mexico City Policy banning funding of overseas abortion - so I think it's safe to say that promoting abortion is indeed a priority for him.[/quote]
Thank you. :) I was thinking along the same lines, but not knowing particularly well how the United States passes laws, I wasn't going to say anything.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1777904' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:31 AM']no apology? okay... :sadwalk:

he was campaigning---to planned parenthood, reassuring them, that they would get their money's worth having him as their candidate....and as their president...and as they helped him get elected (with money) he's helping them stay in business....(with tax-payers money)[/quote]
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. We can agree that he's pro-abortion and not shy about it, but disagree that FOCA is him number one priority.