An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Foca Fiasco

prose

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777298' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:11 PM']You just say that because you are pro-abortion.[/quote]
No, I say that because it's true. There are a lot of members who don't trust a thing Obama says or does just because he's pro-abortion. I'm not making that up.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777313' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:16 PM']So I was totally mocking you, and you completely missed it.[/quote]
Oh well.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777129' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:50 PM']And being that most everyone around here villifies him over everything because of his abortion views, it wouldn't surprise me if he never actually mentioned FOCA much. .[/quote]

I'm still wondering whether he's going to enact his secret Muslims function force and make me accecpt Islam before enacting his radical distatorial liberal function and make me marry another man or the other way around.
:unsure:

Seriously, I am the only one who remembers Obama as the Kenyan secret Muslim intent on instilling Sharia law here? That can't die out, my people are groosly underrepresented as it is :ohno:

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1776747' date='Feb 9 2009, 11:12 AM']It never was high priority. Some around here [i]made[/i] it high priority, or created the appearance that Obama's only goal for his presidency was to sign FOCA, but that's not the case.[/quote]
Apparently, "someone around here" worked as Obama's speechwriter.

[b]"Well, the first thing I'd do as president is, is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do." [/b] ~ Barrack Obama, July 17, 2007, at a speech to Planned Parenthood.

All part of a right-wing Catholic plot to make Catholics hate Obama, no doubt.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1777320' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:21 PM']I'm still wondering whether he's going to enact his secret Muslims function force and make me accecpt Islam before enacting his radical distatorial liberal function and make me marry another man or the other way around.
:unsure:

Seriously, I am the only one who remembers Obama as the Kenyan secret Muslim intent on instilling Sharia law here?[/quote]
Probably, as you're the only one who posts that sort of c[font="Arial"]ra[/font]p on here.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Socrates' post='1777339' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:34 PM']Apparently, "someone around here" worked as Obama's speechwriter.

[b]"Well, the first thing I'd do as president is, is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do." [/b] ~ Barrack Obama, July 17, 2007, at a speech to Planned Parenthood.

All part of a right-wing Catholic plot to make Catholics hate Obama, no doubt.[/quote]
Swing and a miss. I already mentioned that it's not big surprise he promised that to Planned Parenthood. He also promised to withdraw troops from Iraq to those who are against the war. It's a political, vote getting thing.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777444' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:46 PM']Swing and a miss. I already mentioned that it's not big surprise he promised that to Planned Parenthood. He also promised to withdraw troops from Iraq to those who are against the war. It's a political, vote getting thing.[/quote]
He proved to the world that he's not in any way against abortion and lifting restrictions on it.
A person wouldn't say something so radical unless they had at least some readiness to follow through.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1777447' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:47 PM']He proved to the world that he's not in any way against abortion and lifting restrictions on it.
A person wouldn't say something so radical unless they had at least some readiness to follow through.[/quote]
That wasn't the point. My point was that FOCA wasn't his top priority, that's why we aren't hearing anything about it.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777453' date='Feb 9 2009, 11:51 PM']That wasn't the point. My point was that FOCA wasn't his top priority, that's why we aren't hearing anything about it.[/quote]

Then, he lied. Pres. Obama stated it was the first thing he would do in office, meaning it would be a top priority. How dare we take the man on his word.

That he made the earlier quote only shows his lack of integrity to his word, not that it was over hyped or blown out of proportion.

Edited by CatholicCid

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1777460' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:56 PM']Then, he lied. Pres. Obama stated it was the first thing he would do in office, meaning it would be a top priority. How dare we take the man on his word.

That he made the earlier quote only shows his lack of integrity to his word, not that it was over hyped or blown out of proportion.[/quote]
Welcome to the conversation. Yes, he "lied," in so much as every other politician does when they're trying to get elected. Oh well.

There are only a few certain things: death, taxes and lying politicians.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777475' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:03 PM']Welcome to the conversation. Yes, he "lied," in so much as every other politician does when they're trying to get elected. Oh well.

There are only a few certain things: death, taxes and lying politicians.[/quote]
I dunno, I'm sorta a fan of my MP in a weird sort of way. :P
He seems more honest than the rest.

He'll come right out and say that he believes giving Nelson Mandela the Order of Canada is a mistake, and Mandela is a terrorist.

I don't know if I believe him or not, because I don't know much about Nelson Mandela, but he came right out and said it. :P On more than one occasion.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1777480' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:04 PM']I dunno, I'm sorta a fan of my MP in a weird sort of way. :P
He seems more honest than the rest.

He'll come right out and say that he believes giving Nelson Mandela the Order of Canada is a mistake, and Mandela is a terrorist.

I don't know if I believe him or not, because I don't know much about Nelson Mandela, but he came right out and said it. :P On more than one occasion.[/quote]
Lol. Canada is weird.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777475' date='Feb 10 2009, 12:03 AM']Welcome to the conversation. Yes, he "lied," in so much as every other politician does when they're trying to get elected. Oh well.

There are only a few certain things: death, taxes and lying politicians.[/quote]

I'm glad that we agree. Pres. Obama had said that signing FOCA would be a high priority of his.

Which means, it was a high priority and a goal of his presidency.

[quote]It never was high priority. Some around here made it high priority, or created the appearance that Obama's only goal for his presidency was to sign FOCA, but that's not the case.[/quote]

So, it would be quite hard to "create an appearance" when he himself stated it was a goal for his presidency, giving it such priority that it would be the first act that he signed. Regardless that he ended up lying, he did make the statement and therefore, the outcry is understandable.