An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Foca Fiasco

prose

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1776814' date='Feb 9 2009, 12:42 PM']Old people vote. Politicians always came to Florida because people vote there, and rich people live there who finance the campaigns of the people who are going to vote on it. Besides in February, he's not going to campaign in North Dakota.[/quote]
:D

I guess the cold is good for something!

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777129' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:50 PM']I guess you had some special access to him, because I don't recall him campaigning on anything related to FOCA. He talked about his views on abortion, but he didn't proclaim him full steam ahead mission of passing and signing FOCA.

I think you've got an extreme case of hearing what you want to. And being that most everyone around here villifies him over everything because of his abortion views, it wouldn't surprise me if he never actually mentioned FOCA much. I never heard much about it, anyway. But I guess I was just too in love with my liberal media.[/quote]

[b]The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. - Obama[/b]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8...feature=related[/url]

Thanks HisChildForever,

The YouTube link shows that some people at this phorum have very short memories.

Clearly Obama is not a friend to Catholics.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1776925' date='Feb 9 2009, 02:37 PM']+J.M.J.+
from what i understand, FOCA is getting split up and inserted into other bills in the hopes that they can get it through without raising pro-life groups' ire.[/quote]

yes. In fact, here in Illinois, there is a proposed bill (HB5615) which is in effect our own version of FOCA. I've heard several legal experts in the movement say exactly what you are saying now, that even on the federal level the Pro-choicers will push FOCA "bits" little by little, one by one, till they have sufficiently deregulated the abortion industry even more than it is today..

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777155' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:07 PM'][b]The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. - Obama[/b]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8...feature=related[/url][/quote]
Wow, imagine that. A politician who caters to the group he's speaking to... who would have thunk? He also promised to withdraw troops from Iraq as the "first thing" he'd do to those anti-war groups. You'd be better off pointing out that he's nothing special in the world of politics than throwing fits about FOCA. You're just mad that after you went and villified him over it, he didn't actually sign it first thing. Kind of takes the wind out of your sails, doesn't it?

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777257' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:50 PM']You'd be better off pointing out that he's nothing special in the world of politics than throwing fits about FOCA. You're just mad that after you went and villified him over it, he didn't actually sign it first thing. Kind of takes the wind out of your sails, doesn't it?[/quote]

Why are you making all of these assumptions about me?

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777258' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:53 PM']Why are you making all of these assumptions about me?[/quote]
I'm sorry, I should have qualified my use of "you." By you, I mean everyone around here in general.

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777261' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:54 PM']I'm sorry, I should have qualified my use of "you." By you, I mean everyone around here in general.[/quote]

Okay. So instead of making assumptions about me, you are making generalizations about everybody.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777262' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:55 PM']Okay. So instead of making assumptions about me, you are making generalizations about everybody.[/quote]
Oops, I guess I was under the mistaken belief that words meant something and that the ability to articulate logic was important. I guess I was wrong to assume that when everyone around here was against FOCA and quite vocal about it that it acutally meant that. Are you for FOCA, then? Or should I not assume anything?

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777267' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:59 PM']Oops, I guess I was under the mistaken belief that words meant something and that the ability to articulate logic was important. I guess I was wrong to assume that when everyone around here was against FOCA and quite vocal about it that it acutally meant that. Are you for FOCA, then? Or should I not assume anything?[/quote]

For someone who believes that words mean something, you should know the difference between an assumption and a generalization.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777271' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:01 PM']For someone who believes that words mean something, you should know the difference between an assumption and a generalization.[/quote]
Generalizations depend on assumptions. I assume that everyone here who is Catholic is against FOCA and probably angry about it. That's not a generalization, though, if it's true in all cases.

The generalization that most everyone here doesn't like Obama isn't incorrect, either. And I think you'd be lying to yourself if you say that there isn't a habit of villianizing him over everything he does and then tying it back to his support for abortions.

So please, if I'm wrong, enlighten me.

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777276' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:04 PM']And I think you'd be lying to yourself if you say that there isn't a habit of villianizing him over everything he does and then tying it back to his support for abortions.[/quote]

Original Post: Article on the economy & commentary
Reply 1: Wow, what a stupid plan.
Reply 2: (quotes Reply 1) Man I totally agree. Why does he think this will work?
Reply 3: OMG!!!1!!!!!1111 IT IS A BAD PLAN BECAUSE HE SUPPORTS ABORTION, OMG111!!!111111
Reply 4: Urgh I totally agree, only a baby killer would come up with that plan.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1777284' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:08 PM']Original Post: Article on the economy & commentary
Reply 1: Wow, what a stupid plan.
Reply 2: (quotes Reply 1) Man I totally agree. Why does he think this will work?
Reply 3: OMG!!!1!!!!!1111 IT IS A BAD PLAN BECAUSE HE SUPPORTS ABORTION, OMG111!!!111111
Reply 4: Urgh I totally agree, only a baby killer would come up with that plan.[/quote]
I'm not sure of your point here. This is a fairly accurate representation of many a thread around here.

HisChildForever

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1777292' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:10 PM']I'm not sure of your point here. This is a fairly accurate representation of many a thread around here.[/quote]

You just say that because you are pro-abortion.