An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholicplanet.com

EcceNovaFacioOmni

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' post='1739947' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:16 PM']I was reading through some of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich's "The Dolorous Passion of Jesus Christ" and she describes the detail of five distinct times he fell on the Way to the Cross. I still think he fell a total of seven times based on that verse of Psalms. As far as I can tell; in her visions she did not see the entire sequence of Christ carrying the Cross, since at times she would see what was happening to Blessed Mother or Saint John or the happenings in other parts of Jerusalem as this unfolded.[/quote]
You need to remember she became a Blessed not because of her writings but because of her life.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1739949' date='Dec 31 2008, 05:18 PM']You need to remember she became a Blessed not because of her writings but because of her life.[/quote]
that is pretty obvious. What is your point?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='kafka' post='1740012' date='Dec 31 2008, 07:25 PM']that is pretty obvious. What is your point?[/quote]
It may be obvious to you, but many Catholics see that she is a Blessed and assume it is because of her writings, when in fact it is in spite of her writings. We have to make sure the many visitors to phatmass are not confused on such topics.

[quote name='kafka' post='1739947' date='Dec 31 2008, 06:16 PM']I was reading through some of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich's "The Dolorous Passion of Jesus Christ" and she describes the detail of five distinct times he fell on the Way to the Cross. I still think he fell a total of seven times based on that verse of Psalms. As far as I can tell; in her visions she did not see the entire sequence of Christ carrying the Cross, since at times she would see what was happening to Blessed Mother or Saint John or the happenings in other :wacko:parts of Jerusalem as this unfolded.[/quote]

wow

I read part of that in high school.

that was a fun little flashback :wacko:

DominicanPhilosophy

Haven't read all the posts or visited the site [some of hte reactions to the site here give me reason *not* to visit it - I'm intrigued by Nostradamus-type stuff, but don't believe it], but I did read where some of you posted about his statement on women wearing immodest skirts being more.."morally correct," or whatever, I suppose...than women who wear pants...Makes me wonder how he would react if his mother or female relatives wore pants. :rolleyes:

And what someone said about "Traditional" Catholics -- right on! I think to say that one is a Roman Catholic gives witness to the Truth and identifies one with it. But as our Papa has said, we should not be labeling ourselves as "this Catholic" and "that Catholic," but instead uniting ourselves, being Catholic by [i]definition[/i]: universal! (I obviously have my own views and respect those of others in regards to the kinds of Masses which I feel bring me closest to the Lord, but I just think it's better - if someone asks - to state religious affiliation as opposed to dividing up the religion itself [unless you're Protestant, then you have all those different denominations you would need to distingush yourself from..sorry about this rambling lol]. :topsy:

+JMJD