An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sspx: Jews Are 'our Elder Brothers

KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

Islam outright rejects Jesus Christ as God. Jesus Christ is in fact God. How can someone that rejects God believe in God? They can not.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1771343' date='Feb 3 2009, 02:23 PM']Islam outright rejects Jesus Christ as God. Jesus Christ is in fact God. How can someone that rejects God believe in God? They can not.[/quote]
Yes. More precisely, Islam rejects the divinity of Christ [b]and[/b] the dogma of the Holy Trinity.

Islam is a false religion.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1771340' date='Feb 3 2009, 05:22 PM']but what they profess to do and what is actually being done do not by definition coincide.[/quote]

No pewp, Sherlock.

The Catechism just says that they do in this situation.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1771347' date='Feb 3 2009, 05:24 PM']Yes. More precisely, Islam rejects the divinity of Christ [b]and[/b] the dogma of the Holy Trinity.

Islam is a false religion.[/quote]
Do the muslims see God as a merciful God? I'm asking this of Appy because his degree is in muslim history.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1771343' date='Feb 3 2009, 05:23 PM']Islam outright rejects Jesus Christ as God. Jesus Christ is in fact God. How can someone that rejects God believe in God? They can not.[/quote]

The Father and Son are one (along with the Holy Spirit of course). Islam does not properly understand the Trinitarian nature of God, but, in my opinion, acknowledging the God of the old Testament/Abrahamic God, they are worshipping the same God as us, though not in a complete way. -Katie

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1771460' date='Feb 3 2009, 07:26 PM']The Father and Son are one (along with the Holy Spirit of course). Islam does not properly understand the Trinitarian nature of God, but, in my opinion, acknowledging the God of the old Testament/Abrahamic God, they are worshipping the same God as us, though not in a complete way. -Katie[/quote]

They don't acknowledge God as presented in the OT when they don't even read the OT, but rather the Koran. The God of the OT was specifically a revelation to the Jewish people originally, yet the Muslims do not go out and become Jews. The god of islam has far more in common with the pagan gods of Arabia then he does with the God of Abraham and Isaac.

[quote name='Formosus' post='1771534' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:42 PM']They don't acknowledge God as presented in the OT when they don't even read the OT, but rather the Koran. The God of the OT was specifically a revelation to the Jewish people originally, yet the Muslims do not go out and become Jews. The god of islam has far more in common with the pagan gods of Arabia then he does with the God of Abraham and Isaac.[/quote]

I thought the OT was part of Muslim tradition, as I thought the beginning of Islam was Mohammed's Mission to "reform" Christians and Jews. -Katie

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1771594' date='Feb 3 2009, 08:47 PM']I thought the OT was part of Muslim tradition, as I thought the beginning of Islam was Mohammed's Mission to "reform" Christians and Jews. -Katie[/quote]
Nope. The sacred book of the Muslims is the Quran, and not the Bible. See, you learn something new every day at Phatmass.

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1771460' date='Feb 3 2009, 04:26 PM']The Father and Son are one (along with the Holy Spirit of course). Islam does not properly understand the Trinitarian nature of God, but, [b]in my opinion[/b], acknowledging the God of the old Testament/Abrahamic God, they are worshipping the same God as us, though not in a complete way. -Katie[/quote]
Your opinion is contrary to Catholic doctrine, because the God of the Old Testament is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1771598' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:51 PM']Nope. The sacred book of the Muslims is the Quran, and not the Bible. See, you learn something new every day at Phatmass.[/quote]

I realize that the Koran is the sacred book of Islam, however, if I'm not mistaken their roots are in the Old Testament. -Katie

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1771601' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:52 PM']Your opinion is contrary to Catholic doctrine, because the God of the Old Testament is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.[/quote]

Like I said before, I'm not debating this for the FOURTH time. -Katie

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1771609' date='Feb 3 2009, 08:57 PM']Like I said before, I'm not debating this for the FOURTH time. -Katie[/quote]
Yes, you have said that several times already, but this thread is in the Debate Table.

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1771607' date='Feb 3 2009, 08:57 PM']I realize that the Koran is the sacred book of Islam, however, if I'm not mistaken their roots are in the Old Testament. -Katie[/quote]
Nope. Mohammad occasionally -- and with many errors -- makes allusions to the Old and New Testaments, but it is clear that he was not really familiar with those texts. The Quran is a spurious book filled with theological error.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Formosus' post='1771534' date='Feb 3 2009, 06:42 PM']The god of islam has far more in common with the pagan gods of Arabia then he does with the God of Abraham and Isaac.[/quote]
Well said!!!

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1771614' date='Feb 4 2009, 12:00 AM']Yes, you have said that several times already, but this thread is in the Debate Table.[/quote]

I am cupable for getting off topic along with you, although to the best of my recollection that was only the second time I said I didn't want to debate my freedom to believe what I believe (though you brought it up), but I do believe the point of this debate was the SSPX...I do apologize to all for getting completely off topic.-Katie

Edited by Tinkerlina