An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phamily Consensus Survey - 001

add

I get the impression that people are either extremely enthusiastic or are acutely afraid of the new administration.  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1766075' date='Jan 29 2009, 08:13 PM']Oh? How many others have indicated relishing that idea?[/quote]
:hijack:
what does hell have to do with this topic?

[quote name='apparently' post='1766124' date='Jan 29 2009, 09:15 PM']:hijack:
what does hell have to do with this topic?[/quote]
Because I, on behalf of our entire community, take offense to the thought that we're made up of a bunch of people who like the thought of others going to hell.
It has little to do with the original topic, but neither did the comment the poster made.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1766131' date='Jan 29 2009, 09:25 PM']Because I, on behalf of our entire community, take offense to the thought that we're made up of a bunch of people who like the thought of others going to hell.
It has little to do with the original topic, but neither did the comment the poster made.[/quote]
my point exactly

[quote name='apparently' post='1766229' date='Jan 29 2009, 10:28 PM']my point exactly[/quote]
Wait...what? :mellow:

[quote name='jkaands' post='1764726' date='Jan 28 2009, 03:18 PM']How many phatmassers work for a living, ie., support themselves and their families?[/quote]
As far as I know, most of us do, or at least most of us not enamored of Obama.
Your point being?

[quote]How many have lost their jobs? Lost their pension or had them greatly reduced in value? Lost their health insurance? Been foreclosed or evicted? Declared-- or tried to declare--bankruptcy?[/quote]
I don't know. What does that have to do with Obama being a great president again?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1764936' date='Jan 28 2009, 08:38 PM']i wasnt aware of who started the problem, merely that in 8 years it hasnt been fixed while it built up to this econo-bomb. if you buy an ill maintained car, then continue the lack of maintenance and checkups, it is ultimately your responsibility when it blows up (even if it wasn't entirely your fault)[/quote]
Bush was no more responsible for the credit crisis than the Democrats. In fact, he repeatedly had called for tighter regulation of Fannie and Freddie, while liberal Dems in congress opposed it at the time, on grounds of allowing "affordable housing." ([url="http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E3D6123BF932A2575AC0A9659C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print"]See NY Times article from 2003[/url].)
Again, as was pointed out earlier, the crisis followed from policies put in place under Clinton; the housing bubble just happened to bust while Bush was in office.

There is absolutely no evidence anything would have been different under a Democratic presidency. And let's not forget that Fannie Mae was a major contributor to Obama during the election.

Treating the credit crisis as if it were the creation of Bush or the Republican party is nothing but dishonest political opportunism.

[quote]you are right, he doesnt deserve all the bad press he gets. for certain issues, he deserves much more (lying in court about a BJ got clinton impeached, lying in court about starting a war barely even got in the newspapers) and for some he is definitely taking more blame than is right.

in general, i believe the democrats were against the invasion of iraq. not everyone, but most.
still, i give them some credit for having the brains to desert a sinking ship, even if they didnt have the honor to take their portion of the blame[/quote]
Maybe someone can look up the votes, but the fact is that going to war in Iraq was a decision made with heavy Democratic support, including from liberals such as John Kerry and Hillary Clinton. What "you believe" is utterly irrelevant to the facts. Of course, as soon as the war starting becoming a political liability, these Democrats flip-flopped. Again, nothing but political opportunism.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='jkaands' post='1766067' date='Jan 29 2009, 08:04 PM']It's interesting to observe how many posters on this forum relish the thought of those who disagree with them roasting in hell.[/quote]
Who said anything about relishing?

And no one said anything about "people that disagree with them" - the fact is simply that murder of the innocent is a sin that cries out to heaven for vengeance. That's not politics; that's basic Catholic theology.
One should not act shocked that people posting on a Catholic board are defending Catholic moral teaching.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1766245' date='Jan 29 2009, 10:36 PM']As far as I know, most of us do, or at least most of us not enamored of Obama.
Your point being?[/quote]

right, because people who voted for Obama don't understand work.

I've been employed since I was 15 and am employed now thank you very much

[quote name='Hassan' post='1766322' date='Jan 29 2009, 11:23 PM']right, because people who voted for Obama don't understand work.[/quote]
That seemed to be what jkaands was insinuating about those of us who are [i]not[/i] fans of Obama in the post I was replying to.

[quote]I've been employed since I was 15 and am employed now thank you very much[/quote]
Good for you.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1766075' date='Jan 29 2009, 06:13 PM']Oh? How many others have indicated relishing that idea?[/quote]

Not so many. At least they keep quiet about it.

[quote name='jkaands' post='1769012' date='Feb 1 2009, 10:35 PM']Not so many. At least they keep quiet about it.[/quote]
Oh, right.
I forgot about all the people on Phatmass who just subliminally broadcast their fantasies of others burning in Hell... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[quote name='jkaands' post='1769012' date='Feb 1 2009, 08:35 PM']Not so many. At least they keep quiet about it.[/quote]
I can read minds too. It's useful, isn't it?