An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phamily Consensus Survey - 001

add

I get the impression that people are either extremely enthusiastic or are acutely afraid of the new administration.  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

eagle_eye222001

I selected the third option. While I disagree with his moral and economical philosophy, both of which are refuted, I see his presidency as a great opportunity for the Church to unite and for Catholics and Christians alike to come together to stand against his moral policies.

[size=6]It's time to go to [color="#FF0000"]WAR[/color][/size]. :sword:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/red+hot+chili+peppers/track/fortune+faded"]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Fortune Faded[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Thank you for making this a checkbox poll:

Enthusiastic, and afraid.

To quote Drew Mariani of Relevant Radio (Chicago Catholic Radio; nationally syndicated), I feel that Obama's election was "bittersweet".

Option three. Literally last week I actually did a Shiva (7 days of mourning) This dude scares me beyond belief. Well say your prayers.

[quote name='Ziggamafu' post='1762714' date='Jan 26 2009, 06:54 PM'][b]Neutral.[/b] On the one hand, his extreme stances on baby-murdering revolt and frighten me. On the other hand, it is undeniable that, for better or worse, he really has captivated the heart of a good chunk of the U.S. and really has inspired hope in a lot of people.[/quote]
So did Hitler in 1930s Germany.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1763019' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:40 PM']So did Hitler in 1930s Germany.[/quote]

I suppose I have more faith in hopeful Americans of today than in the hopeful Germans of yesterday. But I do know very well that Hitler rose to power in a similar fashion. In fact, Hitler actually DID come through and deliver a lot of genuine goods for his people. But at what cost? Yes, I know this rhetoric well and it bears a solid point. I suppose I'm just more optimistic; and again, it can't be denied that Obama's win has really energized our side to fight much, much harder.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Socrates' post='1763019' date='Jan 26 2009, 09:40 PM']So did Hitler in 1930s Germany.[/quote]
So did you mom.

He scares teh living daylights out of me. I disagree with him on virtually everything. The fact that his first actions in office endangers innocents only confirms my fear.

[quote name='apparently' post='1762450' date='Jan 26 2009, 03:30 PM']I choose number three.
One thing in particular is O’s Captain Kirk like, speaking tone and mannerisms[/quote]

I suspect he's going to force me to accecpt Islam as has been his plan since he was born in Kenya and secretly brought to Hawaii so he could one day run for present and let the gays marry in his rabid quest to destroy the American family and ban the sale of pork which makes me afraid :unsure:

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1763046' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:24 AM']So did you mom.[/quote]

So did YOUR mom :mellow:

[img]http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/382oh_snap.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1763208' date='Jan 27 2009, 02:55 AM'][img]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/diablo_man/597.gif[/img][/quote]

Obviously a secret Muslim duck waging Jihad.

TotusTuusMaria

I marked afraid.

Things he has said in the past and decisions he has made already display a distorted morality. He has no sense of right and wrong. Right and wrong are based on how he feels. I see this as dangerous. He is charming. He can preach a fancy speech amazingly well. He is different then everything we have had for the last eight years. Some of his policies are nifty, I am sure. Nevertheless, his morality is distorted and policies aren't absolute. They sometimes change. A speech isn't going to always deliver. And charming ways don't solve problems. When unforeseen difficulties present themselves and he has to make decisions for our country... is he able to? I honestly don't think so. He has no moral restrictions. With a distorted morality can he lead justly? It makes me very afraid. I don't morally trust him.

Obama, I hope, like all leaders should, seeks to bring about peace and genuine hope. He cannot though, and he has turned away from the only one who can: Christ.

I am afraid. We all should be. Without Christ and without a leader who places their trust in Christ our hope cannot be that he will bring about peace and prosperity in our country. Putting on the lenses of the supernatural, I see very little good coming from his presidency in the long-term future because Christ is not in it and his overall standards of right and wrong… well who knows them? Very scary.

Be not afraid,pray and have faith that God is with us even when we do elect a man in which moral decay will run rampant through the evil of abortion. <_<