An Old School Catholic Message Board

Virginity A Tool To Keep Women In Their Place

Lil Red

double standard wise... if this was a guy, most people would say "hell yeah dude! got laid and now you have a new house and ferrari!!! lucky"
but since it is a girl its "what a dumb whore"

ehhhhh

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1763091' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:52 AM']I called her "poor girl" in relation to being called a whore by members on this thread.[/quote]

what's wrong with being a whore?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1763098' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:55 AM']double standard wise... if this was a guy, most people would say "hell yeah dude! got laid and now you have a new house and ferrari!!! lucky"
but since it is a girl its "what a dumb whore"

ehhhhh[/quote]

Exactly. Anna Karenina comes to mind... -Katie

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1763091' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:52 AM']I called her "poor girl" in relation to being called a whore by members on this thread.[/quote]
A bit inappropriate don't ya think, since she seems quite proud of herself. Probably would be quite proud of the term.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' post='1763100' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:56 PM']what's wrong with being a whore?[/quote]

Are you joking?

HisChildForever

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1763103' date='Jan 26 2009, 11:57 PM']A bit inappropriate don't ya think, since she seems quite proud of herself. Probably would be quite proud of the term.[/quote]

When you are done making assumptions, would you care to address my post in relation to our previous discussion?

[quote name='Tinkerlina' post='1763101' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:56 AM']Exactly. Anna Karenina comes to mind... -Katie[/quote]

Two years ago I had resolved to read that before graduating high school. Then I read the the Czech playwrite Milan Kundra's adaptation of Diderot's "Jacques the Fatalist and his Master" and he ruined it for me. Let me repeat that. I pick something by a Czech author, origionally written in French, which is an adaptation of a French playwrites work. Nowhere in this should a 19th century Russian novel come into play. I didn't even register that he was discussing Anna commiting suacide for like a second.

I was sad :sadder:

VERY ANGRY :annoyed:

then very, very sad :weep:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1763104' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:58 AM']Are you joking?[/quote]
Probably not. But if you look at it as a financial transaction instead of a christian worldview, its a market. This woman is quite proud of herself, and thinks she is taking charge of her life and putting one over on men. The degrading part she just doesn't get - its "her" body remember.
So calling her poor little girl, except in the sense that the christian worldview who sees it as tragic, is inappropriate and doesn't fit the case.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1763113' date='Jan 27 2009, 01:03 AM']Probably not. But if you look at it as a financial transaction instead of a christian worldview, its a market. This woman is quite proud of herself, and thinks she is taking charge of her life and putting one over on men. The degrading part she just doesn't get - its "her" body remember.
So calling her poor little girl, except in the sense that the christian worldview who sees it as tragic, is inappropriate and doesn't fit the case.[/quote]

Well, aren't we supposed to be viewing the world from a Christian viewpoint? -Katie

HisChildForever

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1763113' date='Jan 27 2009, 12:03 AM']Probably not. But if you look at it as a financial transaction instead of a christian worldview, its a market. This woman is quite proud of herself, and thinks she is taking charge of her life and putting one over on men. The degrading part she just doesn't get - its "her" body remember.
So calling her poor little girl, except in the sense that the christian worldview who sees it as tragic, is inappropriate and doesn't fit the case.[/quote]

When you are done answering the question I asked of Hassan, would you care to address my post in relation to our previous discussion?

One thing that's important to keep in mind: We dont' [i]really[/i] know this girl. She may be convincing herself that she is feeling empowered but I think that's a very transparent facade. At heart, she lacks self love and self worth. Who knows what happened to make her feel this way? It's easy to label people, I do it myself at times, unfortunately, but is it really the Christian thing to do? I don't think so. -Katie